Sunsets

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun and Yeseul spread their notebooks out on the table, "wait, you met with Nam YoonDo? when?" 

she ignored her question, "Hwang Yeseul, I only agreed to study with you because you begged me to tutor you for exams. I don't remember Nam YoonDo being part of your homework." 

Yeseul pouted, "but this is the first time you've seen each other in so long, how is he doing?" 

Yongsun ped her pencil case, "he's doing fine with his girlfriend, neither of us have any plans of getting back together if that's what you're asking" 

"why not!? you guys looked so good together. Even your names sound good together, Yongsun and YoonDo" 

Yongsun bowed her heads to the people around them. She turned to look at her friend, "keep it down, will you?"

Yeseul studied her face, "you have someone you like don't you?" 

Yongsun pursed her lips, "aren't you going to study?" 

Yeseul gasped, "I'm right aren't I? who is it? its the same person making you coffee before class every day isn't it?

Before Yongsun could answer, someone called her name, "Yongsun unnie!" she turned and saw Wheein, Hyejin, and Byuli walking towards them.

"you're studying here too? what a coincidence, let's study together!" wheein exclaimed pulling up a chair beside her. 

Hyejin and Byuli took seats beside Yeseul, "unnie, I don't think I've ever seen you study before" Hyejin pointed out

Yeseul laughed, "that's because Yongsun is really strict when it comes to studying" 

Byuli laughed, taking out her books, "she seems like the type" 

Yeseul looked over at her notebooks and noticed one in particular, "Byuli, what's this?" she pointed to the book on top of the pile

"oh, this? it's writing prompts, it gives you scenarios to write. It's really fun" she opened up the page and showed it to them. 

"Sometimes when I'm bored, I write in it," she handed the book to Yeseul 

she looked carefully at her penmanship, "I feel like I've seen her writing from somewhere," she thought

Yongsun glanced at a page. The writing topic read

What is something you deserve but do not currently have?

 

Byuli took the book before Yongsun could read more, "aw why? I wanted to read more!" Yongsun whined

Byuli blushed, "cuz it's stupid, and no one really wants to read stuff like this anyways" 

Yongsun smiled, "no, I like this kind of stuff. it's the best way to express your feelings right?" 

Yeseul stared from Byuli to Yongsun, "omg, this is the coffee person!" she thought. She patted herself on the back feeling satisfied. She felt like a detective cracking a hard case. 

Wheein opened her notebook and showed it to Yongsun, "unnie, is this right? I don't really understand it" 

Yongsun looked over her work, "Wheein-ah, this....is all wrong" she took out a pen and showed her the correct way to solve the equation.

"wow, if it wasn't for Yongsun unnie, I would have failed this portion of the exam," Wheein mentioned

Yongsun grinned, "I'm just glad I can help, but let me know if you don't understand anything" 

Hyejin tugged on Yongsun's sleeve, "unnie, is there a better way to memorize dates and information?" 

Yongsun pulled out red and blue pens, "I heard re-writing your notes in blue ink will help you memorize information. For important dates, write it out with red."

Hyejin took the pens, "ahh that's actually a good idea. Thanks, unnie!" 

Yeseul frowned, "you know I can help you guys too" 

Byuli stifled a laugh, "aren't you almost at the bottom of your class?" 

Yeseul forced a smile, "you know, class rank is just a number" 

Yongsun picked up her pen, "it's actually really impor-"

Yeseul threw a crumpled up paper at her, "you're only saying that because you're at the top!" 

Everyone but Yeseul laughed. 

All of a sudden Minhyuk pulled up a seat at their table, "it's alright if I study here too right?"

He smiled at Yongsun, "Kim Yongsun, how come you avoid me during class?" 

Yongsun blushed, she didn't think he was serious about being friends. "I wasn't avoiding you. I'm actually surprised you even paid attention to me, to be honest" 

Yeseul butted in, "Are you serious? you don't notice people looking at you sometimes?" she patted Yongsun's head, "Yongsun-ah, I'll admit you're pretty, but you're a bit thick headed."

Yongsun took her friend's hand from her head, "Hwang Yeseul, I'd like you to channel this interest in my love life towards your studies instead"

Yeseul rested her head on her arm, "but yours is so much more interesting than mine" 

Byuli arched an eyebrow, "oppa where have you been? You weren't answering my texts" 

He took out his notebooks, "sorry, I fell asleep and my phone was on silent" he reached over and removed a stray eyelash from her cheek. "Did you even look in the mirror today? your hair is a mess" 

Yongsun stared at their interaction, they both seemed comfortable around each other to the point of skinship like this wasn't a big deal. 

Byuli smoothed her hair down, "does it look ok now?" she turned to Wheein 

Wheein pulled a piece of loose thread from her her shirt, "unnie, you really didn't look in the mirror today keke" 

"I didn't want to be late for the study meeting," Byuli explained.

"whatever you say unnie," Hyejin answered

Yeseul laughed and put an arm around Byuli, "looks like you and I play the same role in our group of friends" 

Everyone laughed, getting side eyes from other customers at the coffee shop

Yongsun clapped her hands,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter