Vanilla Bean Hot Chocolate

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun stood in line at a small cafe not too far from school, there weren't a lot of people inside. Some were reading books and others were typing away on their laptops. She unintentionally set her alarm an hour early for class and ended up wandering the campus until she stumbled upon this cafe.

The atmosphere inside was comfortable, the were lights dimmed just a little bit. There was a soft acoustic guitar playing in the background. Yongsun wasn't a frequent visitor to coffee shops, but this one seemed to fit her preferences. She looked at the menu. "urgh coffee" she shuddered. She wasn't very fond of the bitter taste of coffee, she preferred sweet and light drinks. 

She pondered over what she should have, she didn't want to sound like an amateur when she had to order.

"try the Vanilla bean hot chocolate" a girl behind her suggested. 

Yongsun turned around to find a girl in a white blouse and short black apron smiling at her, the girl giggled, "sorry to bother you, it just looked like you were worried about what to order" the girl turned around and continued stacking the coffee lids. 

"Oh right, please ring the bell when you're ready to order, I'll be right with you" she smiled again

Yongsun bowed her head slightly and turned back to the menu, "the vanilla bean hot chocolate? it doesn't look too bad" she walked up to the counter and rang the bell.

The girl walked around behind the counter a smiled, "what would you like to order?" 

Yongsun studied the girl's features. She had a high nose bridge, pink lips, long blonde hair, smooth porcelain skin, and although her eyes were monolids, they were still big. Definitely a pretty girl, "Uh yes, I'd like the vanilla bean hot chocolate" she glanced at the girl's name tag. It read Byuli.

Byuli smiled and nodded, "excellent choice, may I please get your name?" 

Yongsun's face blushed, "my name? why does she want my name?" she thought 

Byuli took a sharpie out from her apron and put it to the cup looking at Yongsun. There was a long uncomfortable silence between them. 

Byuli laughed awkwardly, "aha sorry, I need a name to put on the cup" 

"Oh right! Yongsun" she managed to get out. Byuli nodded and scribbled a name onto the cup. 

"alright, that'll be 3050 won please"

Yongsun rummaged through her wallet for change. She handed Byuli exact change, "this is actually pretty cheap," she thought

Byuli put the money in the register and prepared to make the drink. 

Yongsun found a seat and pulled her notebook out and reviewed last night's homework. Her concentration was interrupted when she heard her name. 

"Miss Yongsun, medium vanilla bean hot chocolate?"

Yongsun stood up and took her drink and returned to her seat. She still had 45 minutes until her class started, so she continued reading. 

"Supervisor, I'll be leaving now" she heard a voice call. She looked up and saw Byuli in her regular clothes walking out of the staff room. "I'll see you tomorrow morning!" she called as she walked out the door.

Yongsun noticed the girl's bag had the same school logo as her school, "she goes to S university too?" she stared. She was about to leave when she got a text message from her friend Yeseul.

"Yongsun-ah you wanna meet up for lunch before we go to class?"

"sure ^^"

Yongsun put down her phone and noticed Byuli's handwriting on her cup. Her penmanship was bubbly and small but legible at the same time. She looked at the time and went to go meet up with Yeseul at the campus cafeteria.

 

X

 

"Yongsun-ah! over here!" Yeseul waved from a table

Yongsun waved back and sat down in a chair, "did you wait long?" she asked

"no, I just got here actually" Yeseul answered picking up her fork.

Yongsun took a bite of her sandwich and looked around. It's been a while since she had free time like this.

"you feel awkward don't you?"Yeseul laughed, " I mean, I understand studying is important, but it's alright to go out with friends once in a while" 

Yongsun smiled. Since she started attending University, studying had been her priority. Yongsun always went home after class to study and declined any outing with friends. 

Yeseul looked past Yongsun and waved her arm. Yongsun turned around and saw 2 girls walking towards them, "I hope you don't mind that I invited some people to join us"

"not at all" Yongsun lied. To be honest, she was always a little awkward around people she didn't know well. 

The t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter