Pinky Promise

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun sat in her usual seat at the coffee shop, waiting for Byuli to finish her night shift. She had been coming to the shop every day for a month and a half and every day, Byuli would make her a drink with a message. Sometimes they were short messages like

"have a good day Yong ^^"

"You're late, sleepyhead"

"Mondays , but I guess you're pretty cool"

"I'm sorry I woke you up with my singing the other day ㅠㅠ"

Today, Byuli drew a poorly drawn dragon with the arrow that said "dis you keke" Yongsun laughed.

"Ah Miss Yongsun, back again today?" the manager asked with a smile, "you're our favorite customer you know" 

Yongsun grinned, "with great coffee and customer service, what's not to like?" He patted her on the back, "waiting for Byuli again? If I didn't know better, I'd say you were dating" he mentioned laughing.

Yongsun blushed and smiled, "No way Manager Yoon!" he walked away. 

"Me and Byuli? Pssht yeah right, never in a million years," Yongsun said to herself 

"What about a million years?" Byuli asked as she took off her apron

"Nothing!" She answered back trying not to sound too suspicious, "are you ready?"

Byuli folded her apron and put it into her backpack, "Yup, let's go home~"

They said their goodbye's to the manager and walked out the door.

"Hey, sunbae, what program are you in?" Byuli asked as they walked home, "I've been meaning to ask you"

"Kinesiology," Yongsun replied, "what about you?"

Byuli stared at her with open, "Whoaaa, sunbae must be super smart then!" she gave her a thumbs up, "I major in Arts and Humanities" 

Yongsun hesitated before talking, "Byuli, you can call me unnie you know" 

Byuli looked at her, "um it's a little awkward calling you that," she laughed, "because I'm actually the same age as you"

Yongsun raised her eyebrows, "really? you're born in '91 too?"

Byuli grinned, "Yup. I had to take a year off" she paused for a second before continuing, "for personal reasons" 

Yongsun sensed a story behind the reason. She wanted to bring it up but she didn't want to pry into Byuli's personal life.

"Well then, let's talk comfortably then!" she proposed

Byuli smiled, "you wouldn't mind?"

Yongsun playfully hit her arm, "of course not, I feel like dropping honorifics will make us closer" 

They walked into the lobby together and waited for the elevator. Byuli yawned, "I'm so tired" 

They both got on the elevator, as Yongsun adjusted her bag Byuli pressed their floor number. 

"Byul-ah, I heard you're on an athletic scholarship for school. So why are you working at the coffee shop?" 

Byuli nodded, "it's true that I'm on a scholarship, but I took the job because I like the smell and taste of coffee beans" They exited the elevator and walked towards their doors. 

Byuli continued, "A couple years ago, I went on a trip to Busan with my family. There's a small coffee shop that brewed freshly ground coffee. Growing up, I was so used to the smell of instant coffee, but smelling fresh ground beans," she stopped dramatically, "it opened up a new world for me" 

Yongsun laughed, "you really are melodramatic" 

Byuli put her key in the lock, "you'll get used to it" she was about to go inside when Yongsun called her name.

"Byul-ah do you wanna go to the coffee shop then? the one in Busan I mean." she fiddled with her keys, "show me that world you discovered," she blushed, it sounded a lot cooler in her head.

Byuli beamed, "really? I'd love to go back! what about this weekend?" she asked pulling up her phone, "I'll request it off right now"

Yongsun nodded, "sure, this weekend sounds good" she opened her door and looked back at Byuli, still standing in her doorway.

"well then, good night" Byuli piped, "Yongsun-ah" she smiled and closed her door.

"good night...Moon Byuli" Yongsun repeated. 

 

X

 

Yongsun looked in her closet, "what should I wear?" Her room looked like a tornado had gone through it. She had 3 outfits on her bed, she closed her eyes and chose one randomly.

She finished putting on her clothes when she got a text message

"Yongsun-ah are you ready?"

"Ready~"

She took one more look in the mirror and walked out of her room. "Alright, keys, wallet, bag, phone" she walked around her apartment turning off the lights.

She heard a knock at the door, "omg she's here" she thought. She unconsciously fixed her hair, and looked into the bathroom mirror to check her makeup, "what am I doing right now?"

She grabbed her stuff from her bed and met Byuli in the hall. 

"Whoa, we're matching!" Byuli exclaimed looking at Yongsun

Yongsun gasped as she looked at her. They both ended up wearing a black and red plaid shirt with black pants. 

"I-i'm so-sorry, I'll go change really quick!" Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter