The answer

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Vanilla Bean-nim, I like you. Let’s be a couple.”

She looked Yongsun in the eyes, “I’ll be waiting for your answer” she finished with a smile.

There were squeals and encouraging comments from the audience as she hopped off the stage

“Uwah, where do I apply to be this Vanilla Bean person?” Yongsun heard a guy behind her say

Yongsun looked over the other table on her right. She saw a girl running her hands up and down her arms, “Even if I’m a girl, even I got goosebumps. I’m so jealous of that person”

Yongsun mouth went dry, she could feel her heart pounding in her chest. “She said Vanilla Bean right She was talking about me right? Is this even real life right now?”

She pinched her cheeks and to her relief, she felt the pain.

She looked around the table and saw everyone looking at her. Everyone but Minhyuk was grinning at her.

“So unnie, what’s your answer?” Hyejin chided

Yongsun looked at each of their faces flustered, “huh? I think she was talking about someone else”

Wheein stared at her, “you’re a horrible liar unnie”

“Yeah, everyone knows she was talking about you,” Yeseul added

She looked at Minhyuk for help, but he shrugged, “your answer?”

She observed each of their expressions, knowing what her answer was.

 

                                         X

 

Byuli hopped off the stage, proud of her performance.

One of her co-workers came up to her clapping, “great song Byuli!”

She smiled, “thanks”

He crossed his arms, “you must be really confident the person will say yes”

She stood up, “what makes you say that?”

He stared at her with a confused face, “maybe it’s just me, but you confessed in a very public manner. If I wasn't 100% sure my crush was going to say ‘yes’ I wouldn't have the courage to do it.”

The reality of that situation hit her like a brick wall. She never even considered if Yongsun felt the same way.

“well, either way, I hope it works out for you Byuli,” he turned and waved as he left the room.

She put her hands on her face and paced back and forth in the room, “omg. This is bad. What if I just ruined my friendship with her? We live right across from each other too. Byuli, you idiot!”

Wheein and Hyejin walked into the room, Byuli still marching from one side of the room to the other.

“Unnie! Well done!” Hyejin congratulated, giving her a hug.

“I didn't think you were gonna do it!” Wheein praised

Byuli stopped pacing and grabbed their wrists, “what was Yongsun’s reaction?!”

This caught both of them off guard.

“shocked?” Hyejin answered

“and flustered? More shocked though,” Wheein added

Byuli groaned and sunk to the floor, letting go of their wrists, “I’m ruined. This is a disaster”

As Byuli complained from the floor, Wheein and Hyejin exchanged mischievous smirks.

 

X

 

Yeseul got up from the table, “I’m gonna head home now. It’s been quite a night”

Yongsun stood up too, as Yeseul gave her a hug, “I’m so happy for you Yongsun”

She looked at Minhyuk who had a serene look on his face “Please take care of her”

Something about the way he said that made Yongsun wary.

Minhyuk got up as well, “Yeseul, I’ll walk you home,”

Yeseul couldn't help but smile, “thank you,” she picked up her bag from the chair and headed towards the door with Minhyuk.

She turned around and mouthed, “omg” to Yongsun.

Yongsun smiled, held up her fist and mouthed, “fighting!” she laughed to herself as they disappeared out the door.

She sat back down and waited for Byuli to come out.

 

X

 

“Please don't leave me!” Byuli pleaded, pulling Wheein and Hyejin away from the door, “I don't know what to do, help me”

Hyejin and Wheein peeled her hands away from them, “sorry unnie, you’re on your own,” Wheein laughed

“I’m with you in spirit,” Hyejin added, and with that, they ran off

Byuli watched them, and stared off into space, “what am I going to do?”

She got up and picked up the guitar case, “I’ll just go out the back door, no big deal”

She grabbed her jacket and left the coffee shop. She looked back, hoping no one noticed when she bumped into someone,

She looked up at the guy and bowed her head, “I’m sorry, I wasn't paying attention”

The guy turned around, “Oh, hey! You’re the girl who sang that confession right?”

She smiled weakly, “Yeah, that's me”

He crossed his arms, “I take it they said no?”

She made a face.

He ignored it and laughed, “I mean, shouldn't you be leaving with them?” he stepped closer, “I can help heal that broken heart if you want”

She was about to kick him when Yongsun appeared beside her, putting an arm around her waist, “she’s taken. Take a hike buddy”

She turned to Byuli, “let’s grab something to eat, you haven’t eaten yet right?”

They walked around the guy, leaving him standing alone outside the coffee shop.

Byuli could feel her face get hot. She ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter