Wounds

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~1 Month has passed~

Byuli sat on the edge of the bed swinging her legs, as she waited for the nurse.

Her phone vibrated in her hand, it was a text message from Yongsun.

“Hey ^^ this new ice cream place just opened up a couple streets down from the coffee shop. Wanna go?”

She stared at the message for a minute, trying to think of an answer.

“Sorry T.T I’m kind of busy for most of the afternoon, and I have practice later tonight….I’m sorry, I promise I’ll make it up to you”

Her head snapped up when she heard the door open and Minhyuk walked in. Her phone vibrated again

“okay :( what are you doing for most of the afternoon anyway?”

Minhyuk sat down in a chair next to the bed as Byuli replied

“I’m just with Minhyuk, don't worry ^^”

“Yongsun?” Minhyuk asked not looking up from a magazine

“yeah,” Byuli muttered

“and I take it you still haven’t told her?” he continued

“Not yet,” she sputtered

“Tsk tsk,” he his finger and turned a page, “I warned you about this”

“Urgh, your nagging is really on another level Minhyuk,” Byuli retorted. She stopped and sighed, “but we just started dating and everything’s so perfect and easy right now”

Minhyuk put down the magazine, facing her,” she still deserves to know.”

Byuli sighed, “I know, but how am I supposed to tell her? I can't just say, ‘hey Yongsun, I have this terminal sickness that I’ve been keeping from you since we met. Sorry ‘bout that’”

Minhyuk shrugged his shoulders, “tell her however you want. Just make sure you tell her. Imagine how hard it will be for her the longer you put it off.”

Byuli groaned with frustration because she knew he was right.

Minhyuk raised an eyebrow, “where does she think you’ve been going every Wednesday afternoon for 5 hours?”

Byuli scratched an itch on her arm, “either practice or at the coffee shop.”

 

Her phone vibrated again.

“Oh, you're with Minhyuk? What are you guys doing?”

She was about to answer when a nurse walked in with a clipboard, ”Patient Moon Byuli?”

Byuli looked up from her phone, “Yes, that’s me”

The nurse smiled and directed her to another room, “the doctor will see you now.”

“Ah yes thank you,” she answered putting her phone in the pocket of the hospital gown.

 

X

 

Yongsun poked at the melted ice cream in her cup, “it’s been 5 hours since I sent my last text but she hasn't replied yet. But it says she saw the message”

“….sun. Yongsun!,” Yeseul cried, waving a hand in front of her eyes, “are you listening to me?”

Yongsun came back to reality, “sorry. What were you saying?”

Yeseul pouted, “I really hope you’re a better date with Byuli than you are with me. I swear you've been staring into space ever since we got here.” She put her spoon down, “and this was your idea!”

Yongsun pushed her cup away and sighed, “I know I’m sorry. You totally have my undivided attention” She glanced over at her phone before meeting Yeseul’s eyes.

Yeseul noticed the distressed look on her face, “Alright, what’s wrong?”

Yongsun put her head down on the table with a loud thud, “isn’t the first year of a relationship supposed to be heart fluttering and exciting?”

“sure? What are you getting at?” Yeseul asked

“Well, it's been almost a month since Byuli and I started dating and I feel like I see less of her than before..” Yongsun answered carefully, her head still on the table

Yeseul scraped the bottom of her cup for the leftover ice cream, “I mean that's understandable. She has a part-time job, class, and I heard they started training for the volleyball team early this year. She’s probably exhausted at the end of the day”

Yongsun nodded her head slowly, “yeah you’re probably right” She tore the napkin in front of her, “then why is she with Minhyuk all the time?” she thought to herself

“Anyways, how is it going between you and Minhyuk?” Yongsun asked, distracting herself from the problem

Yeseul giggled, “we went on a date the night before last.”

Yongsun clapped her hands, “really? How did it go? What did you guys do?”

Yeseul put her hands together, “It went well, we went to go have a dinner and then we walked around for a while.”

Yongsun couldn't help but smile, “do you think he likes you too?”

Yeseul smiled as well, “it’s too early to answer. But I have a good feeling about it”

Yongsun grinned widely, “good luck. Don't screw it up”

Yeseul punched her in the arm, “how Byuli deals with you is beyond me”

Someone all of a sudden put their arms around Yongsun. She twisted around in her seat to find Byuli smiling down at her.

Minhyuk appeared behind her, giving Yongsun a slight nod.

“I was really hoping you didn't leave yet,” Byuli commented taking a seat beside her. She glanced at Yeseul, “thanks for keeping her here.”

Yeseul got up, “no problem, she seems more interested in her phone than listening to my stories anyways.” She turned to Minhyuk, “there’s a really cool ramen place I know of, would you like to join me?”

Minhyuk smiled, “I’d love to.” He said bye to Byuli and Yongsun

“Wait, are you leaving me our date?” Yongsun argued

“Yup,” she answered, “I’m not the person you wanted to spend today with anyways,” she gave her a wink then walked out with Minhyuk.

Byuli reached for Yongsun’s cup, “is the ice cream here not good?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter