Secret Message

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun watched with nervous eyes, as Byuli and the guy exchanged glares.

"Moon Byuli are these guys bothering you?" A guy appeared next to her

she turned to him, "No, I think they were just leaving," she turned back to the group of guys, "Right?"

The guy glanced at Byuli and the guy as the rest of her friends showed up behind them, "whatever, let's go guys" 

They watched them leave, "Moon Byuli, are you not scared of getting hit? you have a bad habit of getting into fights" the guy pointed out. She smiled apologetically at him.

Wheein and Hyejin walked up to Yongsun, "Unnie are you ok?" 

"uhh y-yeah, i- I think so" she stuttered, she stared at Byuli 

"Oh right, this is Moon Byuli and our sunbae Lee Minhyuk" Wheein introduced

Minhyuk and Byuli stopped arguing and greeted her. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lee Minhyuk" he extended his hand

she took it giving him a slight nod, "ah, I'm Kim Yongsun, we actually have creative writing together" 

He looked at her confused, "really?"

Byuli nudged him out of the way, "Please excuse him, he's not very good with faces or names" she bowed her head, "It's nice to meet you again, my name is Moon Byuli"

Yongsun smiled, "Moon Byuli, what a pretty name," she thought

"Hey Moon Byuli didn't I say that you had to do laps after practice?!" the coach snapped

Byuli made a face, "I was hoping she'd forget" she waved bye to her friends, then stopped to look at Yongsun, "sunbae, please let me know if those guys bother you again" 

She made a fist, "I'll beat them up for you" 

Minhyuk flicked her forehead, "beat them up my foot. Go run your laps"

Hyejin put her arm around Yongsun, "she's right, if those guys or any guys bug you again, please let us know" 

Yongsun nodded, relieved that the situation didn't blow up any bigger than it had.

Minhyun turned to Yongsun, "I saw you watching in the stands with Yeseul" 

 They all walked towards the track, "Yeseul and I have been friends since middle school" she explained

They watched Byuli run her last laps, wiping the sweat from her brow.

"She's covered in sweat, but why does she still look so.....pretty," Yongsun thought. She suddenly blushed hoping no one caught her

Byuli walked over trying to catch her breath, "I....am...so...out of...shape" she grabbed her water bottle out of her bag and took big gulps.

Yongsun watched drink, the water spilling from , down her neck. She wiped it away with the back of her hand.

"Do you guys wanna grab dinner?" Wheein suggested

Yongsun shook her head, "no thank you. I have to start my homework" 

Byuli put her bottle back in her bag, "count me out too. After those laps, I just wanna go home a rest"

They all looked disappointed, "alright then, please come out next time then" 

she smiled, "of course" she waved goodbye to everyone walking towards her dorm.

Yongsun was about to leave as well when Wheein stopped her, "unnie! can I have your number? I mean if that's alright. I heard you did well in Korean History and I have some questions" 

Yongsun smiled, "sure" she took Wheein's phone and put her number in

"Unnie me too!" Hyejin added, "we aren't in the same program, but I'd like to get closer" 

She handed Hyejin her phone back when Minhyuk handed his phone to her too with an embarrassed face, "I mean we're in a class together right? Let's help each other"

This was the first time someone asked for her number first. This was all too new for her. They said their goodbye's to one and another and headed home.

Yongsun stopped at the crosswalk, waiting for the signal to walk when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

"Are you following me sunbae?" Byuli asked with a smile

They were just inches from each other, Yongsun felt her face get hot, "no no! my apartment is this way I swear" she exclaimed

Byuli laughed, "I was just kidding," they both crossed the street, "where's your apartment sunbae?"

Yongsun pointed ahead, "not far, it's actually the building after that convenience store" she turned to Byuli, who had a shocked expression on her face

"really? what floor do you live on?" she asked 

Yongsun hesitated before responding, "I live on the 6th floor"

"Omo, what a coincidence! I live there too, on the 6th floor!" Byuli exclaimed. 

Yongsun stared in disbelief, "really? strange how we haven't seen each other then" 

Byuli smiled, "I see sunbae all the time in the lobby, but you're kind of hard to approach because you're so quiet" they walked into the apartment lobby, "that's why I was so happy you came into the coffee shop this morning. I could finally hear what your voice sounded like" 

Yongsun couldn't help but smile. They got on the elevator and waited for their floor. Yongsun broke the silence, "well I hope we use this opportunity to get closer then."

The elevator doors opened, Byuli waited for Yongsun to get off, "what's your apartment number?" 

Yongsun took her keys out, "19, what about you?"

Byuli ran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter