Take me home

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun walked out of the exam room. She was finally done her exams and was looking forward to the summer. 

She pulled out her phone and texted Yeseul 

"Hey, you're done exams now, right? Let's celebrate ^^" 

Almost instantly Yeseul texted back 

"Omg yes! You have no idea how hard the last 2 weeks have been for me T.T let's go grab drinks!" 

Yongsun smiled at her phone. She came to the decision that tonight, she was going to tell Yeseul about Byuli. 

"Should I invite Byuli as well? She did say we should celebrate after exams too..." she thought to herself

"Byul-ah, wanna grab a drink tonight?"

She stared at the message and backspaced, "this sounds way too forward," she thought

she spent 20 minutes trying to come up with another way to invite her out. 

"hey..Yeseul and I are grabbing drinks tonight. Wanna come?" 

she hit send and wondered if the text was too awkward 

"aw sorry! some program sunbaes invited Hyejin, Wheein, and I out for drinks already :( next time I promise!" 

"no it's cool ^^ have fun!"

Yongsun put her phone back in her pocket. Her summer has officially started.

 

X

 

*Clink*

"Gonbae!" Yeseul and Yongsun clinked the glasses

"Kyaaaa! that really hits the spot doesn't it?" Yeseul said putting her glass down.

Yongsun nodded, taking a piece of pork belly from the grill. "How do you think you did on your exams?" 

Yeseul put her head down, "it's too early to take about regrets tonight isn't it?"

Yongsun laughed, "I thought you said you studied?"

Yeseul poured them both another glass, "shhhh, less talking about school, more drinking Yongsun" 

Yongsun smiled, "so, are you are gonna go home for the summer?" she took a gulp of her beer

Yeseul made a wrap and put it in , "yeah, I miss homemade food haha"

Yongsun made a face, "so we won't see each other until the semester starts I guess..."

"then come visit Daegu, bring Byuli, Hyejin and Wheein too. We could do some girl bonding time," Yeseul offered

"Bonding time huh?" Yongsun thought, making a wrap for herself. It would be really nice to go on another trip with Byuli. She focused her attention back to Yeseul who had a goofy grin on her face. 

"you're thinking about bonding time with Byuli aren't you?" 

Yongsun blushed, "what are you talking about? are you already drunk?" she looked away, touching her face

Yeseul shook her head, "if you're gonna lie, at least make it believable" she took a sip from her drink, "but anyways, I'm hurt Yongsun. We've been best friends forever and you never thought to tell me?" 

Yongsun thought about feigning ignorance for a second

"don't even think about pretending you don't know what I'm talking about Kim Yongsun!" Yeseul snapped

"darn it, she knows me too well," she sighed 

"I didn't know how to bring it up to you," she finally said

Yeseul drummed her fingers on the table, "what do you mean? you told me when YoonDo confessed to you"

Yongsun wrapped her hands around her cup, hesitant to speak. 

"It's different this time...and you know it"

Yeseul stared at her, "why? because you're both girls? Yongsun-ah, it's 2017. Society is different now. Of course there will always be people who look down on you because of your preferences, but to hell with those people right?"

Yongsun looked down into her drink. She watched the bubbles rise from the bottom of her cup to the top and then disappear, "I just...dont want you to think differently of me" 

she looked back up at Yeseul who was pouring herself another glass, "You'll always be the timid quiet girl I met in middle school Yongsun. I would never think differently of you" she paused. 

"I mean, unless you didn't agree that Grease is the best musical ever" she joked 

Yongsun stifled a smile. For as long as she could remember, Yeseul was obsessed with that movie. 

"So, are you gonna confess? when are you gonna do it? how are you gonna do it? what are you gonna wear?" Yeseul started firing all these questions at her 

"whoa, hold on! who said anything about confessing?" Yongsun exclaimed

Yeseul looked at her confused, "so you're just gonna keep it bottled up forever? what happens if Byuli gets confessed to? I mean she is pretty popular in her year, and can't you see the chemestry she has with Minhyuk?"

Yongsun froze, she never really thought about that. If Minhyuk and Byuli started going out, would she be able to congratulate them sincerely? 

 

X

 

"Thank you for the meal!" they called out to the resturant owner as the walked out

Yeseul massaged her temples, "urgh i shouldn't have drank so much, my head's killing me" 

Yongsun held her arm to keep her from falling over, "I kept telling you to pace yourself, you never listen" 

Yeseul's leg gave out, almost making them both fall. "Hey could you at least try to walk?!" Yongsun snapped

she put her other arm around Yeseul's waist for support.

Yeseul lifted her head a snickered

"aiiigooooo, you should be doing this for Byuli," she laughed , slurring her words

Yongsun groaned, "I never should have told you" 

They continued walking down the street, when two girls walked past them

 "wow those guys are trash, making a girl drink that much"

"should we have intervened? I hope her friends come soon" 

As they walked past a bar, she peered inside. 

All the tables were full of rowdy college students, she looked around to figure out the girl they were talking about.

She spotted a girl, face down on the table, "poor girl," she whispered

The girl suddenly lifted her head, slurring her words, "taaakeee mee homee~" 

Yongsun gasped, as the face of the girl was revealed, "Moon Byuli?!"

The guys around her laughed.

Yongsun looked around and waved a taxi down. 

she put Yeseul in the car first and got in, "Sajik-ro-1-gil 43 please" she instructed the driver

she looked out the window as the car pulled away from the curb

 

X

 

Yongsun laid Yeseul in bed, then threw on her covers, "this girl...will be the death of me" she huffed as she looked at the time 

"I hope she's still at the bar," she said to herself.

she wrote a quick note.

"your keys are on the table, I only locked the bottom, so make sure you lock the top when you wake up. Make sure to drink water, and eat a proper breakfast in the morning. 

- Yongsun

p.s don't drink so much next time. Do you have any idea how heavy you are??

she put the pen down and placed the paper on Yeseul's sleeping face. 

She tried not to laugh and walked out of her apartment. 

Yongsun ran to the bar, hoping she could still make it there

she pulled the door open and looked around just in time to see the party stand up.

One guy had an arm around Byuli's waist.

Yongsun marched up to them, "ah there you are!" she quickly took Byuli from the guy. 

Byuli groaned as she rested her head onto Yongsun's shoulder. 

"It seems my friend drank more than she should have, I apologize on her behalf" 

the guys looked at her like deer in the headlights. The guy that had his arm around Byuli cleared his throat, "she drank on her own accord we didn't force her to do anything" 

Yongsun clenched her jaw, "you know that as her sunbae she can't refuse a drink from you" 

There was ano uncomfortable silence between them for a second. 

"urgh what the hell, the fun hasn't even started yet

"This is why girls who only have a pretty face are troublesome, we should've never asked her to come"

"Right? We paid for all her drinks too"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter