Dream A little dream of me

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun woke up the next morning with a headache. “Urgh my head is killing me”

She wandered into the kitchen, where Byuli and Yeseul were at the table, drinking coffee.

“Look who’s finally up,” Yeseul jeered, “how was the date? You got home pretty late”

Byuli got up from the table and made her a cup of coffee, “you must have had a lot of fun to come back so late” She set the mug in front of Yongsun.

“Thanks,” she murmured. She took a long sip from her mug. Thinking about last night. She set the mug down on the table, Byuli and Yeseul waiting for her to answer.

“He’s nice,” she confirmed

“And?” Byuli probed

“He’s good looking and he was very courteous,” Yongsun answered carefully

Yeseul stared at her suspiciously, “why do I feel like there’s a ‘but’ coming up?”

Yongsun smiled and took another sip from her mug, “no ‘but’. I actually quite enjoyed the date”

Byuli nodded and sat quietly in her seat.

There was a heavy silence between the three of them for a minute.

“Yongsun noona?”

Yongsun turned in her seat to see Yeseul’s brother, Yejun. She smiled and stood up to give him a hug.

“Hwang Yejun. When did you get so tall?” She looked up at him and pinched his cheeks, “and where did all your cheek fat go?”

He pulled away with an unimpressed look, “well if you visited more often you wouldn’t be so surprised. And as for my cheek fat,” he squished her face, “I think you stole them haha”

She swatted his hand away, “yeah, you are definitely Yeseul’s brother”

“Hey don’t lump me with him!” she called from the table

Yejun glanced over and saw Byuli, with an awkward look on her face.

He smiled, “Hi, nice to meet you, I’m Hwang Yejun.”

She nodded her head slightly, “Ah, nice to meet you. I’m Moon Byuli”

“Moon Byuli. That’s a pretty name,” he stated.

Yeseul walked up to him and poked a finger into his chest, “Hey, what did I say about flirting with my friends?” She gave him her best intimidating look.

He laughed while putting her finger down, “it was worth a shot” He looked down at her, “and you’re not very intimidating noona. Maybe it’s because you’re short”

She could hear Yongsun and Byuli trying not to laugh, “Hey, you guys aren’t that much taller than me”

Byuli put her mug down, “but we’re still taller”

She barred her teeth at her brother, “don’t you have anything better to do than annoy me?”

He sat down at the table, “no not really.” He took the Yeseul’s mug and took a sip, “I heard Yongsun noona was visiting, so I thought we’d all hang out together today” He put down the coffee, “wow this is really good, who made it?”

Byuli smiled, “I did”

He lifted the mug in her direction; “you’ll make your future husband happy”

Yeseul took the mug from him, “stop saying useless things Yejun-ah”

Yongsun looked around, “where’s Hyejin and Wheein? Are they still sleeping?”

Byuli leaned back in her chair, “they went to Jeonju to visit Wheein’s parents. So I guess it’s us 4 for today”

Yejun’s face brightened, “Whoa, you’re including me in your plans?”

“Yeah, we’re including him in our plans?” Yeseul asked making a sour face

Yongsun chuckled, fixing Yejun’s collar, “of course, I haven’t seen you in years. Fill me in on everything you’ve been up to”

Yejun gave her a smile.

Something about seeing their interaction made Byuli feel weird. Kind of like a tight knot in her chest. She tilted her head as she put her hand on her chest, “what is this feeling?”

Yeseul looked over at her, “Byul-ah, are you ok?”

Yejun and Yongsun stopped talking and looked over as well.

Byuli felt her face get hot, “yeah, I think I have the hiccups or something”

“So what are we doing today?” Yejun asked, giving his sister a smug look.

Yeseul rolled her eyes.

Byuli leaned forward in her chair, typing into her phone, “there’s an annual fair a couple minutes by car from here.” She showed Yeseul her screen, “can we go?”

“Waa, I haven’t been to the summer fair since we were little,” she announced, tapping on Yejun’s arm.

He nodded and turned to Yongsun, “noona, do you remember going to the fair when we were younger?”

Yongsun smiled and bobbed her head, “of course. I remember going with you and Yeseul before I moved to Seoul”

She muffled a laugh before continuing, “I also remember you crying in the maze because you couldn’t get out”

“wha-what? I never did that!” He stammered

Yeseul finished her coffee and put the mug down, “omg I remember that you had snot all over your face as an employee walked you out holding your hand”

Yejun cleared his throat as all three girls laughed, “Alright well if we’re done bringing up embarrassing memories, shall we go?”

 

X

 

Yongsun finished packing her bags in Yeseul’s car. She wiped the sweat from her forehead. She looked up at the cloudless sky; half of her summer was already gone. She sighed.

She felt a vibration come from her pocket. She pulled out her phone.

"unnie! Hyejin and I are gonna stay in Jeonju until Friday. You and Byuli unnie can go back to Seoul first" 

she shoved her phone back into her pocket and walked back into the house, “hey guys, we should probably leave now if we want to find parking"

Yeseul and Yejun walked out from their rooms, “I’m ready”

Yejun looked around, “where’s Byuli noona?”

Yeseul shrugged her shoulders, “she was in the kitchen like 10 minutes ago”

Yongsun looked into the kitchen, “I’ll find her. You guys can get settled in the car”

Yejun put his shoes on and ran out the door, “Shotgun!” he yelled

Yeseul rolled her eyes, “I’m driving, stupid,” sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter