seventeen

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu's hands were shaking as she got off the phone with her mother. She didn't expect to get a call for her at this time and she had certainly not expected to hear such news from her either. She rushed down to the office carpark, climbing into her car before driving off the the hospital. Tzuyu felt like this was meant to be punishment for her. Punishment for being so careless about Sana when she needed her so much. Punishment for the way she had been treating her and overworking herself when she should be spending as much time as she could with her.

She startled the receptionist at the front of the hospital as Tzuyu banged her fist of the table.

"Where is Chou Sana?" Tzuyu asked, breathing rapid from running all the way to the entrance.

"She was wheeled in to the surgery room on the right." The woman stuttered, indicating for Tzuyu.

Surgery? What had happened? How was this such a big emergency? She hurried over to the direction the receptionist had indicated, seeing the parents of Sana's family and her own, standing outside the room.

Her mother glared at her as she arrived and Tzuyu gulped, feeling the anger radiating off her.

"Where were you?!" She whispered harshly.

"Work. I had to -"

"Work isn't an excuse Tzuyu. We discussed this before you got married. You need to prioritise Sana. What would've happened if I hadn't panicked about you not picking up the phone at 10pm?!" She scolded.

"Sana's been in there for 2 hours?" Tzuyu asked, mouth hanging open.

"If you'd look at your phone, you'd know more." She sighed heavily.

"I'm really sorry." Tzuyu whispered.

"You don't apologise to me. Apologise to Sana." She frowned.

"What happened?" Tzuyu questioned.

"She was unconscious when I got there. She was rushed here where they wheeled her into the emergency surgery room." She explained.

The light for the surgery turned off and the surgeons scurried out, seeking family.

"The tumor spread a bit further recently so it causes her to become more tired. The surgery was successful and it will prevent local reoccurence. We've decreased the area where the tumor can spread but her health is deteriorating fast. We're sorry to say she probably has less time than before." One of the surgeons spoke.

Tzuyu's eyes watered as she heard the words leave his lips. She felt the anger building up inside of her; her own stupidity was the cause of this. She was the reason Sana was there, getting surgery. It was her fault that her health was diminishing.

"This is all my fault. I should've been there for her. Why am I so stupid." Tzuyu cri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter