nine

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu stood in front of the mirror, looking at the reflection with much intensity. She couldn’t believe how fast time had flown by; she was in her wedding dress, doing some last minute checks before she was to wait at the altar. She ran a hand through her hair in nervousness as she checked her watch for the millionth time. Ten minutes. She had to be there in ten minutes before she’d see Sana walking down the aisle.

If you’d ask her a few months ago if she would see herself here, Tzuyu would deny it strongly. Chou Tzuyu settling down? Getting married? Thinking of a possible future with someone else? Never would’ve expected her to be in this situation at all. Until a few weeks ago, she was single and inexperienced in anything related to the slightest link to romance or relationships. Now here she was, getting married. She couldn’t believe it.

“Tzuyu, are you ready?” Her mum asked, knocking on her room door.

“Yes mother.” Tzuyu responded, opening it and offering a small smile. “I’ll be there in a few moments.”

Breathing in and calming down her nerves, Tzuyu walked out of the room and out on to the grass. She headed towards the altar, greeting whoever was around her. She scanned the crowd, realising that there were rarely people present that she knew. Though, she had to greet them all anyway; business works that way. She tried to limit the amount of people for Sana’s sake but it was still quite a few people present. After a good five minutes, she stood in the centre of the altar, the officiant by her side.

The strings of the guitar that could be heard to the left of Tzuyu was an indication of the entrance that was to come. Tzuyu smiled as she heard the lyrics of the song that the singer had begun to belt out. She’d chosen them in specific and she didn’t regret it a single bit.

For a long time, in my heart,
Full of clouds, it rains
For warm sun to shine,
I sincerely hoped.
Raindrops that wet my shoulder,
When I dried, I alone,
Was so afraid that it would remain.

You are like a light, after the rain has passed,
You come up in my heart, like this.

Tzuyu’s mouth almost hung open as she saw Sana in her wedding gown. Sure, they’d picked it out together but seeing it on her was a completely different thing. She could tell that Sana was nervous but she settled down as soon as the two looked at each other. The smile that was etched on Sana’s face seemed to be contagious as she walked in, Tzuyu wearing one automatically. She could see the happiness radiating off her face and her eyes shining in glee. Tzuyu felt proud that she was the reason for that smile; it felt amazing.

Cause you are, the light that fell on me,
You are, like a beautiful dream,
With seven rays, the whole world,
Is dyed even more beautifully, always.
Yeah U R.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter