one

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu fixed her shirt collar as she stood in front of her bedroom mirror. It was going to be another day at the office, typing away numbers and formulas into her computer as she waited for the day to end. But the thing was, she couldn’t be more grateful for having a stable job with a stable income. It was what she’d always wanted. Rather than start from the top of her family company, she begged her father to let her work her way up. In all honesty, she just didn’t want to have the insane workload of running a company.

With her full focus on her job, Tzuyu had no time for any other activities in her life that were remotely recreational or relaxing. She’d stopped going on blind dates set by her parents and grandparents. If someone were to ask her about thinking of a future with a partner, she’d reply with a simple, what – pretending that she never heard the question in the first place. There was no need for love or romance in one’s life; her parents were clear examples. While they may have married out of love, it was all non-existent as they lived in different houses today – divorced.

Growing up, Tzuyu had the perfect childhood. You could say she was born with a silver spoon in . But one thing she despised most was thinking high of yourself if you had money. She hated greed, she hated people who were materialistic and selfish. Sure, you’re born into a world where these things are a norm. There are always people who try to get on your good side by attempting to bribe you with some sort of payment. It could be something like money or power but it could also be as big as promotions and throwing someone else under the bus for one’s sake.

She hated it all – the way people stared at her when she walked into the office. She hated the fact that they tried to stick to her, asking if she needed anything. She hated the snickering and the whispering that spoke of her cold nature. Tzuyu couldn’t let herself break in front of these people. If they find the smallest of weaknesses in her, they’ll pounce on her as soon as they have the chance to. Even those who bear sincere smiles could be hiding their true intention of getting rid of you from the world of business. That’s how it worked.

If you would ask Tzuyu what she wanted most, she’d say that she wanted to go back to a time where she could feel. Where she’d enjoy her Sundays with her parents at the park or ride a bike with them. She’d want to feel the happiness when everyone sat on the table together for dinner or watched a movie tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter