Let’s....

I Think We Fell In Love

ULIhRcraR55_hRMivLv3NMVc4yT2gx9_wp51n8rxmw_OHIqr-v3LYeteN2CjHbOv3VDBctJFiVp-Ue7zzQuHXbWLS3wdertQDev3L3xtpg6vpVisjVN2Qm2-rOKxGROZAJJi4QEW

 

“Who knew she was pregnant with twins?” Lennox whispered to Jay as Phi and Aiden looked at the sleeping babies.

“Maybe it runs in her family…” Jay spoke, putting his hands in his pockets.

“We’ll never know. Or rather, I’ll never know.”

“None of this is your fault.”

“I know. And I promise not to guilt trip over it. I didn’t mean for her to go into early labor. I’m just glad she and the baby’s are okay otherwise I’d never be able to face guk.”

“I’d never hold this against you.” Yongguk spoke walking up to Jay,Lennox and Phoenix.

“I’m gonna take Phi to get some food. You can just meet us downstairs.” Jay said, leading Phi away from the window and to the elevator.

“How’s she doing?” 

“Fine. She’s stable now and the bleeding stopped. Devan says she’ll recover well but won’t be able to do too much with the babies just yet.”

“I’d offer to help but I’m sure I’m not wanted around.”

“Nonsense. We want you around. I won’t let history repeat itself. I understand if you don’t feel comfortable being around but I would hope phi could grow a bond with them.”

“I don’t know guk….”

“I promise I won’t let them stop the kids from spending time together, on my watch ofcourse.” 

“It’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s just that I’ve been thinking a lot about going back to the states. Starting fresh. Seattle and Seoul have a lot of bad memories.

“But they also have a lot of good ones. Kind of like the one that’s looking for you now.” Yongguk smiled at Lennox’s confusion and turned her around so that she was now looking at Heedo walking towards her. 

“Don’t let a good thing go…” yongguk whispered into Lennox’s ear as he headed back towards Tarren’s room.

“Heedo, what are you doing here? Where’s Jaein.” 

“She’s with Jay and Phi. I just wanted to make sure you were okay.” Heedo spoke, grabbing Lennox’s hand and placing soothing circles with his thumb. 

“I think I’m okay now…” Lennox said looking down not daring to make eye contact. Heedo lifted Lennox’s chin so she was now looking him in the eyes. “Let’s get out of here,hm?”


 

“Devan just texted and said that Tarren is doing well.” Destynee sighed as she sat beside Jiyong and cuddled into him on the couch.

“I’m glad. It must have been nerve racking especially after finding out it was twins during delivery.” 

“Yeah but thank god Len knew what to do until they got Tarren to the hospital.”

“That was her specialty right?”

“At the hospital, yeah. But Len has tons of specialties. You still owe her that cupcake battle.”

“And I’m still sure that I’d destroy it and the kids will love mine more.”

Destynee laughed. “I’ll be sure to tell her. Just make sure you keep that energy when we have kids.”

Destynee covered , not believing what had just came out.

“Kids,eh?” Jiyong smirked.

“Stop smirking.” Destynee told him from behind the pillow she grabbed and held to her chest as she scooted a little bit away from Jiyong.

“All jokes aside, you want to have kids with me?” Jiyong asked seriously.

“Yeah. You’d be a great dad and I’d be stupid to not acknowledge that. I’ve seen it before my own eyes with Haru,Phi, and Jaein. Even though we never put a real non business deal title to it, I know that you’re not going anywhere and you’re all mine.”

“And you’ll forever be mine. My soulmate.”

“Soulmate...I like that…” Destynee smiles, cuddling back into Jiyong’s side as they laid down on the couch. Destynee let Jiyong’s heartbeat lull her to sleep but not before giving Jiyong a surprise.

“Ji…” Destynee whispered.

“Hmm?” Jiyong responded with his eyes closed.

“Let’s….. let’s get married.”


 

Fql-GSyrfem2-rrWBZhb06Y4pIQvI2SctsfJBIcS4auEUWip_minil1_b5tddMX4xy__k-YjWuNbsuXbUeEsYe7inGgPcchhJTVGmwKRxglW0YpuF90eKP9eIh_Kxx9p30gORsYs

 

“Excuse me? Can we have 2 orders of tteokbokki, please?” Heedo asked the lady running the stall.

“And one bottle of soju please.” Lennox asked and the lady nodded.

“I can’t believe you brought me back here.” Lennox laughed.

“Well it is where we met for the first time.”

“Yeah and you weren’t pleasant either.”

“I had just gotten into a fight with a guy who was being disrespectful and toying around with girls. When I bumped into you.”

“So that was you.” Lennox laughed.

“You knew?”

“When they were letting you go, I was being brought in as a trespasser for trying to see Phi.”

“They say the universe works in mysterious ways.”

“Yeah.” Lennox spoke as she looked up at the sky. “I guess I was meant to meet you.” Lennox said with a small smile never looking down from the sky. 

“Here you go young man.” The lady called Heedo over.

“How much?” Heedo asked, pulling out his wallet, but the lady waved him off.

“It’s on me. She used to be a regular here when she had a tough time. And even when things were looking up she kept coming to look after this old lady. I’m glad she has someone by her side now to take care of her. Make sure to come back with your daughter’s next time.” She smiled as she gave Heedo the tray. 

Heedo bowed to the old lady. 

“We’ll be sure to come back as a family.”

Heedo left the lady and headed back to Lennox who had still not put her head down from the sky.

“Do you want to go sit by the water?” Heedo asked and Lennox nodded standing up and walking beside Heedo who moved a few steps behind so that Lennox was always in front of him.

They found a table not too far from others but enough to have their privacy. Heedo opened the soju and poured a cup for Lennox before himself.

“Cheers.” They both said, clinking their cups and taking their shot, letting the burn warm them up from the cooling night.

“This is nice. We should do this more often.” Lennox spoke before she began eating her tteokbokki.

“You should smile more often then.” Heedo spoke, watching Lennox eat.

“I feel like this huge burden is gone now. I feel free.”

“You are a Phoenix.” 

“How fitting.” Lennox smiled as Heedo grabbed the soju bottle from her hand and poured her another glass himself.

“Are you going to keep trying to mend the relationship?” Heedo asked before finally eating his tteokbokki.

“Nope. I’m done trying. It’s their turn to make an effort if they want. But there’s no hard feelings, I wish them all the best.”

“It’s really hard to not love you when you say things like that.” Heedo spoke, looking Lennox in the eye when she looked up at him. 

“Love? You love me?” Lennox asked genuinely shocked and Heedo chuckled before grabbing a napkin and wiping sauce from .

“You’re a great mother. A great sister. A great friend. Talented. Smart. Funny. Responsible. Respectful. You’re everything I was glad to have had as my wife and a mother to Jaein.”

“Had? I’m still your wife for a few more months.” Lennox chuckled.

“I-” 

“You don’t have to say anything you know… I’m used to it now. I’m just happy that it’s you I ended up with.”

“And I'm happy that it was you. And I wish I could have told you I love you sooner.”

“It’s fine. You’re stuck with me, but I have a question. Why are you saying all this now? Is this for a camera?” Lennox asked, looking around.

“It’s just you and me, I promise.”

“The. I don’t understand why you’re suddenly so expressive.” 

“Because…” Heedo said, rubbing the back of his neck.

“You know you can tell me anything,right?” Lennox spoke, hoping to be helpful seeing Heedo was struggling to find the right words.

Heedo took a big breath before looking into Lennox’s eyes and speaking.

“Let’s……. Let’s get a divorce.”

 

A/N:  Hey guys! Y’all weren’t expecting that were you. 

Next chapter is gonna be the last one. Kinda bittersweet to think of ending this story.

Please leave your thoughts on the chapter below. And if there’s anything you really want me to touch in the last chapter just let me know. 

Thanks and I’ll see you next chapter! ❤️