Not As It Seems

I Think We Fell In Love

Related image



 

“I wanted to take you both to the company, but i guess not with this cold. Maybe I should just stay home.”

“No. You go, you’ve got that big meeting for your album. I’ve got this, and yes i’ll send you updates.” Lennox said, pushing Jay out of Phoenix's room, careful not to wake the five year old.

“Okay, but after the meeting i’ll-”

“Go work on some sample’s. Jay i’ve got this. It’s not the first time I haven’t dealt with her while sick.”

“Fine. I'll bring back dinner. Pasta?” Jay asked, wrapping his arms around Lennox’s waist.

“My favorite? What are you up too?” Lennox asked, her head now on Jay’s chest.

“I thought we could finally talk about us…..”

“Jay….” Lennox spoke quietly, pulling away from Jay.

“For Phi’s sake we can't put this off any longer. It's been three weeks, she's going to start wondering if she isn't already.”

Lennox sighed. “I know…. You should get going, I don't want you to be late because of me. It would just add to everything else you've gone through because of me.”

“We both played a part, so don't put the blame all on yourself. I've gotta get going but we'll talk more tonight. I love you.” jay said before kissing Lennox on the forehead and leaving.

Lennox stood in her spot, dumbfounded at his choice of words.

 

I love you.

 

Lennox had to pat her racing heart in hopes that it would calm down. Yes, she had been staying with him for the past three weeks, but she mostly found herself in the company of Phoenix. Jay was around a lot but only at night when he wasn't being the boss of his own company. He had tried to revisit their previous relationship multiple times, and every time Lennox would change the subject or walk away. Her relationship with Jay had been the tip of the iceberg to a lot of underlying problem within the family.

 

“Mommy?” Phoenix called, stopping Lennox from thinking farther back into her past.

Lennox walked back down the hall to Phoenix’s room.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” Lennox said sitting at the end the small bed.

“My tummy hurts..” Phoenix said, pouting.

“Hmm...how about we try out some more porridge?” Lennox asked, putting her hand on Phoenix’s forehead to check her fever.

“I want ice cream.”

“How about we ask daddy to bring us back ice cream?”

Phoenix started nodding her head but paused when Lennox told her she had to eat some porridge first.

“Do i gotta?”

“Only if you want ice cream….”

“....Fine, but you have to eat it too.” Phoenix demanded.

“But i don't like chicken porridge…” Lennox pouted, faking disgust.

Phoenix pushed Lennox’s cheeks, letting out the air in .

“You gotta! You can’t be sick too.”

“Why can’t i get sick?”

“Because!”

“Because why?” Lennox whined, laying down on the bed, pulling Phoenix down with her.

“Because daddy will be sad if we're both sick.”

Phoenix’s answer caught Lennox off guard. It definitely was not the cute answer she had expected.

“But if we're both sick, daddy won't get to rest and then all of us will me sick. We don't want daddy sick too do we?” Lennox asked, recovering from her shock.

“But if daddy’s sick then he'll stay home more. I hate unnie. She’s a meanie and doesn’t play with me.”

Seeing the little tears forming in Phoenix’s eye’s, Lennox gave her a big bear hug. It broke her heart seeing the little girl so sad.

“How about you look for a movie and we watch it as we eat, hm?”

“Okay…” Phoenix said quietly, getting off her bed and going to the wall filled with kids movies. Lennox sat for a few moments more, and watch Phoenix before heading out to the kitchen.

Lennox had trudged halfway to the kitchen when she heard a knock on the door.Hoping that it was just her imagination, Lennox resumed her trudge to the kitchen when the door was being knocked on again, harder this time. Lennox internally scream on her way to answer the door.

Lennox opened the door, ready to give the person outside a piece of her mind for banging on the door while Phoenix was sick, but the word’s caught in as she say Sungjoon standing before her.

“What are you doing here?” Lennox hissed.

“The better question is what are you doing here? Don’t even think about shutting this door,you have some explaining to do.”



 

PiKS4b1IcGX9E6EYAirYmtJ8Eq_yF9tpFxeVQsAitl9XXZ0aumLc4KBMBDo2v5Zpc5UKRhJop4liXgvE51UMENEg5VFySxDk0ZqMfuCttxsDOPFAFTau8BNowkf0iYBZRsAKIZ7L


 

“Just call her. We don’t have much free time left, we leave for filming friday.” Taeyong said laying his long body across the not so long couch.

“Why would i call her?”

“Uh because you miss her, duh.” Jaehyun spoke from the floor, his eyes never leaving the screen.

“I don’t miss her. Why would I miss her? She’s just a friend.”

“Who are you trying convince? Us? Or yourself?” Doyoung asked, smirking.

Fed up, Ten walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water.

“Slow down or you're going to choke.” Chenle said as he cut vegetables, but it fell on deaf ears as Ten was already choking.

Chenle walked over and raised Ten’s arm’s so he could breath.

“Okay guys! Pant’s or short’s?” Mark yelled as he made his way out of his room.

“Pant’s it’s oddly cold outside.” Jaehyun spoke, eyes still on the tv.

“Thanks. You think i can pull of a hoodie and a jean jacket or should i just go hoodie?”

“Definitely both.” Doyoung spoke.

“Where are you going that you're so worried about what you're wearing.” Chenle asked, resuming his vegetable cutting.

“He’s got a hot date with his girlfriend.” Taeil called out from his room that he happened to share with Mark.

“It’s not a date and she’s not my girlfriend.We’re just going to the firework festival.” Mark said as he walked back to his room.

“I didn't know Mark had any friends that were girls…..” Chenle spoke putting the vegetables in the pan to cook.

“It’ couldn't be…” Doyoung whispered.

“Nahh it couldn’t be.He can’t be that stupid….right?” Jaehyun asked, finally taking his eyes of the tv.

Doyoung, Taeyong, and Jaehyun all look in the kitchen to see Ten frozen, looking at the door to Mark’s room.

“Don't look at me like that.” Ten spoke as he recollected himself and headed to his room, his three members right behind him.

“Food will be ready in an hour.” Chenle called out, oblivious to the matter at hand.

“You aren't going to tag along?” Taeyong asked as he shut the door behind him.

“Why would I?” Ten asked laying down on his bed.

“You're really going to let them go on a date?” Jaehyun asked.

“He said it’s not a date. If you guys are so interested, why don't you go ask Mark about it?” Ten spoke loudly, grabbing his phone of the dresser.

“No need to take your jealousy out us. He did what you couldn’t and your mad, maybe she would be better of with Mark.” Taeyong spoke as he left the room.

“I’m not jealous!” Ten yelled as the door closed behind the other two members.

“I'm not jealous.” Ten whispered as he stared at his phone as a new message popped up.


 

From Birthgiver:

 

We’re still waiting….

 



 

Ten closed his phone and rolled over.

“I'm a horrible person…..she’ll be better off with Mark….” Ten said as he closed his eyes.



 

6UjHiFPfuaivuohXAHPowF5taD-CXJHzUfACtSCWfwMDQiJGtQIAR7P36aLrAIleQP4LmhgvqPBk4kkAqPH43KbkjLookmW3EQRESJe0MKSQckIsLfHQVbvAPvSB4MzKXSb0uA4M

 

“I didn't think she’d be so hard to put down.” Jay said as he quietly closed the door to Phoenix’s room.

“Well she did stay up all day because she wanted ice cream.” Lennox chuckled, as she and Jay walked into the kitchen. “You want something to drink?” Lennox asked, grabbing a water bottle out the fridge.

“I want something else.” Jay said as he turned Lennox around and kissed her lips.

Lennox pushed on Jay’s chest but the more she pushed him away the more aggressive his kiss.

“What are you doing?” Lennox yelled quietly as to not wake up the child in the house.

“You felt it didn’t you? It’s still there. Just like the first time we kissed.”

“Excuse me if i don’t want to relive a hot, sweaty kiss on the door of a club bathroom.” Lennox said breaking from his embrace.

“But that was the beginning of something great.”

“We must be thinking of different events. I lost my family because of you.”

“But from what you told me it wasn’t much loss. Don’t think about the bad things, think of all the good things that came from it. We were so good for each other, we still are.” Jay says stepping closer.

“For the past 5 years we’ve had nothing but a terrible relationship. We’re just now finally getting along.”

“Mainly for Phi, but how long are we going to disguise it? I want you. I want you to be my girl. I like coming home to you and Phi. I love waking up next to you. I love kissing you...touching you….” Jay said slipping his arms around Lennox’s waist.


 

“He’s a sweet talker Len. You can’t think that he’s just going to forget the past so easily. He took you to court. You lost your family because of him. You moved out of the states because of him. You’ve been treated so unfairly because of him from family and strangers because of him. Are you really forgetting what's important?”

“I’m not forgetting what’s important Sungjoon. Everything i’m doing is for Phi. She’s not safe with his lifestyle. If i have to sit pretty with a smile and fake that i’m falling in love then so be it. He won't have her for long. Phoenix will be with me soon enough….right where she belongs.”

 

“Then show me…..Show me why i should give us another chance.” Lennox spoke, wrapping her arms around Jay’s neck.

“It’ll be my pleasure.” Jay said before crashing his lips against Lennox’s as she leaned back against the refrigerator.

 

A/N: Hayyy guys. So heres another chapter. As always i hope you guys enjoyed. Please leave your comments down below, i love knowing what you guys think. 

I'm no sure if i've already shouted out the people who have upvoted the fic but i wanna thank jackie2108 , Mara1112 , TONNTONN , And xoklee. It's seriously appreciated. And thanks to everyone who's subbed. i didnt think anyone would read this but im really happy that you guys are so ill make sure to keep giving you guys good updates. 

Untill next time lovlies <3