Don't Take It Personal

I Think We Fell In Love

That's why I do you wrong

So don't take it personal

Don't take it personal

I do this to everyone

So just don't take it personal

Don't take it personal

 

Yeah, I got my gaurd up

Yeah, I got my gaurd up

Lettin' it down is hard though

Lettin' it down is hard though

Boy, you gotta show me, show me, show me

Why I should give you loyalty...

 

Don't Take It Personal , Lyrica Anderson

 

 

“Don’t you want a baby too?”

“Tarren, that’s beside the point.”

“No, that is the point. Don’t you want to experience the joy of being parents?!”

“Where’s the joy if you’re not healthy!? Tarren you know that I would love to have a child, just as much as you if not more, but you know that it’s not an easy process for conception. You know that carrying to full term is a challenge and you know that giving birth is clouded with a big percentage of you not making it out alive. Why would I risk you health for a child!?”

“For my happiness! Wouldn’t you be happy to look down and see our love for each other in our child? I wouldn’t care if I died, because I didn’t leave you alone in this world.”

“I’m happy by seeing you healthy! Do you know how much it hurts me to hear you say you don’t care if die? I care! I care a hell of a lot. You’re my wife…..I love you…..I love you. I don’t choose just anyone, I choose you!”

“You chose me for better or worse. So why can’t you accept that I want to have a child?”

“Because this marriage isn’t just one sided! It like everything I’m saying is going to waste, because you don’t care. You don’t care about my feelings or opinions at all. There’s three options for you having a baby, the least likely being you and the baby coming out of the situation perfectly fine. Option two, you die. You leave me with a child and I will only turn out to hate it because it killed you. (A/N: That line feels a little Edward from Twilight ish. My bad I’m ruining the moment.) Number three, you both die. I’m not going to stay still, counting down the days till you die. I’m just not.”

“Guk, I think your taking this situation a little to personally.” Tarren spoke crossing her arms.

“I’m taking this a little to personal? You’re the one taking this personally. You’re here talking about having a child, when not once since you abandoned Lennox have you even tried to fix things with her. I bet you don’t even know where she’s staying? What’s she’s doing? She could be dead somewhere and you wouldn’t even know. How could you want to bring a life into this world, when your family is in shambles because of you.”

“She destroyed the family all on her own! No one told her to get pregnant at the age of 17.”

“You know what? I’m gonna go because this is getting nowhere.” Yongguk said turning away to get his jacket.

“Go? Go where?” Tarren said walking behind him.

“I don’t know.” Yongguk said before walking out the door.

Tarren sighed. She locked the door and walked to her shared room with Yongguk.

She changed her clothes and put her hair up into a ponytail. She stared at herself in the mirror.

 

“How could you want to bring a life into this world, when your family is in shambles because of you.”

 

Yongguk’s words replayed in her head. Tarren turned away from the mirror when her eyes caught on a picture of her and Lennox as kids. Tarren picked up the frame and looked it over. Lennox had to be about 3 years old, herself 9. They both looked so happy walking hand and hand along the beach.

“It was you. It was always you.” Tarren whispered, placing the frame face down.

 

aaFzMUUP6hGY0Gw-pZffOX-Bi8jte0p02KXdfpHY3whbh-3jb01SYRZaqhsGuk-2MzWnLONOMnPVIH3-tdxBFgbzh3Moc57lh-4vLEu0tPHHc5rdu5egBtSxUG171lSw6F2taShF

 

ELJqrMBHz6iETnLC1PY5NiHzxj4v78l8CMNMbrZnzuGBWtytjbcOs1I3vYjjoaOKPq42rAYuqUy94qjis-eM-CI174CviqKbqLWBNK3qy7m_odC4nVphEzE-GMA8ag9SPONbGD3l

 

“I gotta say this place isn’t that bad.”

“I told you I have good taste.” Namjoon spoke, only be stared down by Destynee. “Okay, so Jimin found it. He said it’s leased out by the same person that Hoseok got the studio from.”

“Jimin really did learn my style. I think I’m going to put an offer out.”

“Why not wait until you have the money from this deal?”

“Obviously, I’m a business woman and what business does not have a backup plan.”

“What do you need a back up plan for? Aren’t you going to get everything you could ever need from YG?”

“The only thing I need from YG is exposure. My outfits worn by the artist and my face seen in the public.”

“So you really aren’t taking money from them?”

“Of course not. God Joon, what kind of person do you think I am?”

“Well you’re certainly not the type of person to use people.”

“Thought I’d take a page from your book. You used me and look how well you’re doing.”

“Destynee….”

“I’m not being petty Joon and I really don’t want to dive back in the past. The space is nice and I don’t want to give it bad vibe. I think I can keep this place hidden for now, maybe have Jimin and Jungkook getting everything set up.”

“What about Jiyong?”

“You called him by his name, i'm surprised.”

“I’m not that much of an .”

“So you admit your an ?”

“Destynee…”

“I’m kidding.” Destynee chuckled. “I don’t have a reason to tell him about this. Sure he wants to be friends but I’m sure as soon as this deal is over, it’ll be like we never knew each other.”

“If that’s the case, why are you bringing him home next week?”

“Who told you?”

“It doesn’t matter who told me. What the hell are you thinking? You’re parents are going to ask all kinds of questions.”

“I’ll give them the answers they need. It can’t be any harder than when they asked me why we aren’t together anymore.”

“You know this was our chance to talk to them together. How can you just bring him along?”

“One, this is your chance. I’ve said everything on the subject that I’ve needed too. Second, I’m playing the part of a friend. Even though I know it’s not going to last, I can still be a friend to him now.”

“Are you really just playing the part of a friend? Because I’m pretty sure he likes you.”

“Of course he likes me, we’re friends.”

“No. He likes you more than a friend level.”

“Joon that’s not possible.” Destynee laughed. “You don’t go from smashing any girl you see, to just liking some random girl that was thrown into your life. You’re just reading into it too much.”

“I don’t think you’re reading into this enough. I mean when’s the last time he threw a party or was sneaking around with some girl?”

“I’m not sure. I haven’t thought about it, but if you got threatened the way I threatened him, you wouldn’t try me either.”

Namjoon face palmed. “Hopeless. You’re really hopeless. It’s fine though, you have a friend as wonderful as me to talk to him for you.”

“Excuse me?” Destynee said, whipping her head back around. “I definitely don’t need you talking to him.”

“Chill. You’re taking this a little personal. I’m going to talk to him for my own reasons.” Namjoon spoke as he walked out of the office space.

“Your own reasons? What reasons could you possibly have?” Destynee asked as she walked out the space trying to catch up to Namjoon, who continued to ignore her question.


 

1QFM_gwkKYQGOeDjAZ5IUkVgHlm-yNEEPrQWKMylUrsxZJNVAS9_w_1cBL2C7jRuQT4iyYveUVm5zp6r-EfCEg0M7cqNWIpm6gDBTtlHty7bIJWXxZ1oi53t18G7kMjl99S5CiJZ

 

GfI_N1y_07owadOjaxbPOR1eJC84NeFnSebOzkrk6Xk1SE2jKHstdRnwbPN3O2qXcZ5jFqXca0eU1VTdQ6mROLBrcDrONRSK1dBepdwgb9VceZLTMNy7FYYb33obCuA1OSguSNNB

 

“I guess I should start with an apology….” Lennox spoke breaking the eternal silence. “Sorry I just disappeared without a word and never contacting you, or explaining everything sooner.”

“So why did you disappear? I know you’re not staying with Sungjoon, so where have you been hiding?”

“So don’t flip, but I been staying with Jay.”

“Len!”

“I know. I know, but it was my only option. Tarren kicked me out and I didn’t want to burden Sungjoon with all he has going on outside the hospital. You remember dude that spilled tteokbokki on my hoodie?”

“Heedo?”

“Yeah. Well he came to the restaurant to apologize and next thing you know we’re both being arrested and I’m being charged with espionage.”

“Espionage!?”

“I know! So they took us down to the station and Tarren ended up coming down and she just said wouldn’t be responsible for me anymore. We haven’t spoke since. Thank god Yoongi took over my case and got a confession from my boss that said that it was a false accusation. Heedo’s boss came and agreed to be responsible for me because he has this idea that me and Heedo are dating.” Lennox said rolling her eyes.

“Well are you?”

“No! And with contact being limited to work I don’t know how he even got that idea. So I stayed at his dorm for a few days before going home to at least some clothes and Jay happened to be there waiting for me with Phoenix. He started talking about giving us another try. He started talking marriage and more kids. And I’m not gonna lie, in that moment I believed that being with him and Phoenix was all I needed, so I agreed to live with him. I stopped showing up at the hospital because I was spending more time with Phoenix while Jay works. I got in this space where I was happy, happier than I’ve been in along time.”

“But can you really stay happy? Phoenix is someone else’s daughter not yours and Jay isn’t the most honest person. It’s almost like you put them before yourself.”

“Not once have I ever put Jay before myself. If anything I’m doing everything for Phoenix. That little girl is so innocent in all of this, I’m trying to do my best for her because she deserves it. That’s why I work in the restaurant. That’s why I took a job at Heedo’s company. I don’t want Phoenix to remember me as the mom that missed out on her childhood, or the mom that put work before her. I want her to know I love her.”

“But why do you put such a heavy burden on yourself? Where’s her birth mother?”

Lennox sighed. “I am her birth mother.”

“Quit playing around. Just because you’re the only mother she’s ever known doesn’t make you her birth mother.”

“I’m not playing. Jay and Guk used to befriends. I met Jay at a club Guk and Jay were performing at and things went from there. You can’t really say me and Jay dated, but we hooked up a few times, and I ended up getting pregnant. I’m the reason Jay and Guk aren’t friends anymore. Me getting pregnant was also the final wedge between my family. My parents didn’t want anything to do with me. My dad made a deal with Jay, they wouldn’t press him with having relations with a minor if he took full custody of Phoenix. After birth I got one year with Phoenix because she needed me more than Jay, but after 6 months Jay took her and left for Korea. My parents kicked me out 6 months later when they decided to move back to Columbia to be with my brother. Guk convinced Tarren to let me stay with them in Korea in hopes that I could get time with Phoenix again. Somehow he got her to agree and that’s also how I got the internship at the hospital.”

“Wow. So she’s really your daughter? Why didn’t you just tell me?”

“It’s not like I can just believe hi I’m Lennox, oh by the way I have a daughter and her father has full custody.”

“You could have! I wouldn’t have judged you.”

“I know that know but back then I was really messed up. Everything with my parents, everything with Jay, being the talk of Seattle. I couldn’t even show my face at school. All my friends abandoned me, they even help start some of the rumors around school. Guys saying they slept with me too and everyone just believing it. Jay was my first and yet no one would believe me if I told them that. I definitely didn’t want a repeat of that so I didn’t want to tell anyone her until I had custody of Phoenix again.”

“You could have still told me. Like it’s not fair Sungjoon knew before me, and Donghae had to have know too.”

“If it makes it better Destynee hasn’t met her either, so you’ll be her first aunt to meet her.”

“Well I accept the honor.” Devan laughed with Lennox.

“Thanks. I missed you.”

“I missed you too. I just want you to be happy because you’re my best friend. That being said, I don’t want you to take what I’m about to tell you personally like I’m trying to ruin whatever it is you’ve got going on with Jay, but he’s seeing someone else beside you.” Devan spoke as she pulled out her phone showing Lennox the picture of Jay and some girl leaving the club.

“Well I knew he was seeing someone but now I know who. At least it’s not Hyuna.”

“You knew?”

“Well yeah. How else am I supposed to build a case to take him to court?”

“Is court really a good idea?”

“I don’t know, but right now it would be our best bet. Seeing as the other day he tried to get me to sign some papers for the company but they were really papers that say I would never try and gain custody back.”

“Wow! I knew he was a bad guy but I didn’t think he could stoop so low.”

“He has his good moments though. He didn’t have to let me have any contact with Phoenix after I moved here, he could have just laid out papers and told me to sign.”

“Regardless, you better watch out for him.”

“I am. I’m not stopping till Phoenix is with me again.”

“Well you have my support, 100 percent.”

“Thanks I really need it. And since Sungjoon also gives his support, we should go save him from Phoenix, I can tell he’s getting wore out.” Lennox laughed as they saw Sungjoon trying to catch his breath as Phoenix ran around the playground.”

“She just needs her aunts energy is all.” Devan said as she jogged over to Sungjoon and Phoenix, patting Sungjoon on the back before climbing the ladder behind Phoenix.

Lennox walked slowly towards the trio, committing the happy moment to memory.

“If only Tarren could be here….” Lennox whispered to herself before Sungjoon came and pulled her over to play with them.