The Titleless Chapter

I Think We Fell In Love


 

“Why don’t we go ahead and take 15 ladies.” Lennox spoke, stopping the music.

“This choreography is bad .” Hyolyn told Lennox, handing her a bottle of water.

“More like the song is bad , featuring choreography.” Lennox chuckled.

“I’m glad you decided to work with us. I definitely feel more comfortable with you here.”

“Why’s that?” Lennox asked, her voice calm.

“It’s my first time doing this on my own. Being in control of what I’m putting out there. Being my own boss.”

“Hand having your boyfriend’s child’s mother helping can’t hurt your reputation. I’m sure once word gets out that you played nice with me it’ll make you look like an angel.”

“I am an angel.” Hyolyn laughed. “But really I’m the one who asked Jay to ask you. I was sure you’d say no to me. I don’t want any bad feelings, especially knowing how the whole Hyuna situation went.”

“He told you about that?” Lennox asked, surprised.

“Actually Phoenix did. When Jay sat her down to explain our relationship, she asked me not to hurt her mommy. She’s really a child beyond her years.” Hyolyn smiled.

“Yeah… she didn’t get it from me and Jay.” Lennox laughed. “I pray she turns it better than I have.”

“I don’t think you turned out that bad. If all the family drama brainwashed you into thinking that, then let an outsider tell you, you’ve done a great job raising Phoenix. And what you’re doing for Heedo, taking in his daughter...it’s not many people willing to adopt a friend's child.”

“Jay told you that too…” Lennox hummed. “Adoption can be a very fickle process. A lot of time, emotion, and of course money. But after knowing what adoption is like, I promise to never let Phi feel like she’s not a priority…. come on we’ve got work to do if your going to film on time.” Lennox spoke while getting up, Hyolyn right behind her.




 

wwk64_E8BMv2-ctp8_sKPMfvX3w8kC5B_zG31tZnwY1GN82IpIz3lTQ7othv-aJkaDTCldrqFwi39p10gSrbvRtLmo64c6ywluH_KOIn0M_grjgyZ53Npa9x2kJtjPoYubPJNEYE

“I’m telling you, buy the rest of the building.”

“Michael, I don’t have the money to buy the rest of the building. If I do I have to make cuts elsewhere, and I’m not doing that.”

“Destynee, it doesn’t make sense to not have a studio here at the office. This building has plenty of space to run the entire business without the extra middleman cost.”

“I’d also have to lay off half my non existent staff.”

“I’ll keep looking for options but I’m telling you this is the best option.” Michael said as he gathered his papers and headed to the newly opened door revealing Jiyong.

“She’s kind of cranky today, good luck…” Michael whispered before sliding past Jiyong.

“Work not going well already?” Jiyong asked as he took the newly unoccupied seat.

“It’s just a lot of pressure for me. I know they’re trying to help but I just feel like I’m in this by myself.”

“You aren’t in this by yourself. I’m here every step of the way.” Jiyong spoke, moving to stand behind Destynee. He placed his hands on her shoulder and began to rub. “I might not be involved in the company, but I’m involved in your well being….let me take some of your load… Come with me to America next week…. you need a break to refresh yourself. We can go to the beach, eat tacos, take a stroll on the boardwalk. You can get tons of inspiration for designs, it’ll be great.”

“I can’t just up and leave….” Destynee moaned with her eyes closed. Who knew Jiyong had the hands of a god.

“I’ve gotten everything taken care of. Between Michael, Jimin, and Jungkook everything will be fine.

“I don’t know….”

“Come on...I even have a surprise planned out for you.”

“Jiyong, no more surprises please.”

“This one is a good one! I promise.”

“You know promises are made to be broken.”

“I’ll never break a promise where you’re concerned.”

Destynee smiled. She could hear the sincerity in his voice and that alone was soothing for her.

“Alright….let’s go…”



 

wwk64_E8BMv2-ctp8_sKPMfvX3w8kC5B_zG31tZnwY1GN82IpIz3lTQ7othv-aJkaDTCldrqFwi39p10gSrbvRtLmo64c6ywluH_KOIn0M_grjgyZ53Npa9x2kJtjPoYubPJNEYE


 

“You didn’t follow the plan!”

“I made the plan!”

“You told me you wanted revenge!”

“I did!”

“Then why did you fall for him!?” Minsu yelled.

“DO YOU THINK I WANTED TOO!?” Devan yelled, throwing the glass that was in her hand at the wall behind Minsu. “Do you think I wanted to love their son!? Of course not! He didn’t know….he didn’t know how wrong his family had done me….how they took away my entire family….he was innocent in all of this… he is innocent in all this….” Devan cried out as she fell to the ground. “I was so far gone in think that what I was doing was right that I almost killed someone…..It’s all your fault….”

“My fault? I’m not the one who told you to go in and smother her with a pillow!”

“AND I'M NOT THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU TO HIT HER WITH A CAR! SHE'S IN A ING COMA BECAUSE OF YOU.”

“Because of us.. I did this for you… for our love…” Minsu spoke quietly, walking towards Devan.

“I don’t love you! I never have!”

“Calm down love…..you aren’t in you’re right mind.”

“Are still not ing getting it?! I told you that I’d never fall for you and I meant every word! Leave before I call the police.”

“Call then if you will, but that won’t stop Ten from hating you when he finds out you're the reason for his mother's condition and it surely won’t stop me from loving you…”

Minsu looked at Devan one last time before walking away leave Devan in the room by herself.

Devan pulled her legs into her, wrapping her arms around them and let her unshed tears free.

“I’m sorry Ten…..god…. Ten I’m so sorry….”



 

A/N:  Happy New Years!!! I hope the start of the year has been kind to all of you! I know this chapter is short. I kind of just wanted a filler chapter as well as to get Devan back in there cause she’s been mia for a while….. I've recently started a new fic. It’s called Bittersweet and it’s a remake of my first fic on aff. I’ll be going back and forth between both stories so bare with me. I’d love if you guys would check it out and let me know what you think as it stars diverse characters trying to make it in an idol world and will touch on subjects like racism and bullying in the idol scene as well as drama and romance.  The next chapter for both stories are in the works so I hope that you’ll all stick around. ❤️