Shape Of Love

I Think We Fell In Love
 
Image result for fabric store
 
 
 
 
“Thanks for coming with me Imani.”
“No problem. It’s not everyday an up and coming designer asks for my help on a wedding collection.”
“I wanted Tarren to come because you’ve both done the whole wedding thing before but I wanted to check on Len so invited her.”
“Then where is she?”
“I’m sorry I’m late…” Lennox said hurylied as she rushed over to the pair.
“It’s fine we just got here.
“I'm just happy you came.” Imani smiled. “I missed you.”
“I missed you guys too.” Lennox smiled.
“How are you? How are the kids?” Destynee asked as they walked towards one of the fabric aisle.
“It’s been an adjustment. The kids are doing well, they’ve been pretty unfazed by it, especially now that they have a reason for their friends to come and visit while they’ve been at home.”
“It’s good that things are still pretty normal for the kids, but I can tell that kids aren’t the real reason you’re upset.”
“I just feel like a horrible person and a mother. I wasn’t there. I was miles away. Hours away. I’m so grateful to Jay and Hyolyn for being there but the guilt has just been eating me away. And Heedo just keeps apologizing. He feels so responsible for everything and no matter how much I reassure him it’s not his fault, it doesn’t work.”
“I can only imagine how stressful this whole thing has been.” Destynee spoke as she put the fabric she had been looking at down to give Lennox her full attention.
“It’s been rough, but to make matters worse, Micheal called me and said that we’re having a family meeting in a few days.”
“Since when do you guys have family meetings?”
“Exactly!” Lennox answered Imani’s question a little too loudly, gaining looks from the few workers. “I was talking to Jay about it so he could have Phi but apparently he’s been asked to join as well.”
“Probably to keep you calm. He does seem to be more level headed when it comes to your family.” Destynee said thoughtfully.
“Still I don’t see the point of having any talks with my family. They seem to want to stay in Seoul longer than Tarren having the baby and I just don’t want any parts.”
“Meaning?” Destynee asked with a raised brow.
“Later. All we’ve been doing is talking about me when we should be helping you get this line together.”
Imani and Destynee gave each other a knowing look. They knew that they had gotten everything out of Lennox they possibly could for the time being.
“Fine. So I’m thinking flowy, lace and bling.”
“That sounds gorgeous. My wedding dress had flowers in it since I wasn’t very traditional.” Imani spoke pulling out her phone to show the girls a picture.
 
 
38XxGIjhHJihXswILQ7Pg0uAgZiOOuAgrLz3kBNMyFvBsE8RJecX0DVLepnPoD-rWz-zqKAdZfQLXFcyZgPmy3-ifMmCWwHZNY7MVKwkmbsXbGogj1WOqSY55aKs_DdqlxiSxC95
 
“Imani! That dress is stunning.”
“Seriously girl. You’re breathtaking.”
“Thanks guys. That was back when I was excited about marriage. About finding someone to love me even at my worst.”
“So it’s not like that now?”
“Our start was quite similar to Lennox and Heedo. We were arranged to be together. My parents had a lot of debt and practically sold me off to the highest bidder. Not too long after I ended up in Korea.”
“But you said you met in college?” Lennox interrupted as her fingers ran over the fabrics Destynee had been picking out.
“It’s just a cover story. It would tarnish the family’s reputation if the world found out they had bought me. It was exotic to have different races blended together.”
“So they enjoyed holding you up like a slave?” Destynee asked, furious at how Imani has struggled.
Imani shrugged. “Jaewon didn’t treat me like the rest of his family. We spent time outside together, read together, laughed together. For once in my life I was happy so I didn’t hesitate to marry him.”
“At least you got a happy ending despite how you got to it.”
“I wouldn’t say this is my happy ending. I’m virtually trapped in a relationship that died out years ago. That’s why you don’t really see Jaewon around. Although he’s coming to town soon for us to sign our divorce papers.”
“YOU'RE GETTING DIVORCED!?”
“After what I’ve just told you guys, you're both really surprised?” Imani laughed.
“What are you going to do? After the divorce I mean.”
“Well I was planning on selling or gifting the bakery to you and leaving Seoul for a while.”
“You want me to have the bakery?” Lennox asked, astounded.
“Yeah. You’re doing great with Donghae’s restaurant and I see no one better than you to keep the business going. Besides it’ll be good for the girls. Even though Phi is way more into music she does love desserts. Jaein is too sweet to not to have a bakery at her feet.”
“I couldn’t.”
“I want you to.”
“But-”
“No buts. Seriously, I put a lot of work into it and I know the best place for it is with you and your family.”
“That’s so sweet. I can’t wait to build my empire to be able to give to my child one day.” Destynee cooed.
“No ring but already thinking about kids huh?”
“It’s not like that Len. It’s no secret that I want kids but I’m not rushing anything.” Destynee spoke grabbing another lace fabric.
“So you and Jiyong are in a good place?” Imani asked, grabbing a different lace fabric for Destynee.
“Yeah. It finally seems like we’re on the same page. It’s weird how we went from hating each other to being in love.”
“I don’t think there’s anything weird about it. At least you and Jiyong had a chance to get to know each other, even Dev and Ten knew more about each other than me and Heedo. Even to this day we’re living together raising kids together and yet I know nothing about him and he seemingly has witnessed every horrible moment in my life.”
“Len, why don’t you just talk to him. Get to know him. He’s not a bad guy otherwise you wouldn’t have moved him and his daughter in and pretend to be married.”
It’s not that’s easy Nee. Jay was my first love and we all have seen how that went. I trusted Sungjoon and we saw what happened. Aside from a few of the guys that are in our circle, Donghae is really the only male I have left.”
“But Heedo isn’t like the others. You can’t not give him a chance because you’re scared. Phi loves him. You love his daughter. And I think deep down if you really take away everything else, I think you’ll see that he’s a good guy for you.”
“Imani’s right. He’s a good guy and you deserve to give yourself a real chance to fall in love.” Destynee spoke as she gathered all the fabrics she wanted to purchase.
“Is that what you did? You gave yourself a real chance at love with Jiyong?”
“I think the chance found me. Found us. I think we fell in love, the way it was meant to be.”
 
 
A/N :
 
Heyyy guys! It’s been a while. I hope that everyone is safe and healthy during these times. Hope this isn’t too bad I wanted to give you guys a little filler type chapter.
 
Three finals left and I can get back to writing this story that I’ve missed so much. I’m excited to get some more romantic moments in here since I don’t think there’s been too many (unless they’re there and I didn’t notice while writing) as well as the family drama and maybe even Tarren’s birth.
 
Like always thank you for still supporting this story by subbing and commenting. I think there’s been like 4 more subs since the last chapter and I’m extremely grateful. Let me know what you thought of this filler in the comments below and I’ll see you all next chapter!