Baby Steps?

I Think We Fell In Love

“‘What do you mean you’re leaving?”

“It’s only for a week.”

“A week is a long time.” Jiyong whined.

“You are not about to throw a hissy fit about me going to spend time with my family

“You can’t just tell me you’re leaving, it’s unconventional. What am I going to do for a whole week without you?”

“Whatever you want. I’m sure bae would love to keep you company.” Destynee said as she grabbed a lemon.

“Bae’s a little preoccupied with trying to impress some girl.”

“We’ll at least I hope he’s going about it the right way.” Destynee said picking up her mug and leaving out the kitchen.

“What exactly is the right way?” Jiyong asked following Destynee out.

“Friendship is a great way to start. What’s better than having your best friend as a partner? They get you, relate to you, bring out the best in you. All while you do the same for them.” Destynee spoke, resuming her seat on her couch and going over her notes for the new

day groups music video concept.

“Is that how you and Namjoon started dating?”

Destynee froze with papers in hand. She would have never expected that question from Jiyong.

“I don’t remember telling you that we dated…”

Jiyong shrugged. “I could just tell at the bonfire that it was a little more than friendship.”

“You could say that. It’s more of a brother and sister relationship.”

“How do you go from dating to sibling love?”

“You’re really tapping into this real friend thing.”

“Making up for lost time.”

Destynee let out a small smile. She placed her mug down and curled into the side of the couch, pulling her legs into her and facing Jiyong.

“Namjoon and I were probably always meant to be friends but we were so close that it was always rumored that we were more than friends. So when I was 17 we tried it out. It wasn’t much different than what we were doing before. We still went to school together, went out, ate together. We’d hang out at each other’s houses. If we had stayed in Ilsan, we’d probably be married.”

“You would have married him?”

“Back then, I would have. Without a doubt, I would have happily married him.”

“So what changed?”

“I graduated. Namjoon is a year younger than me so while he was in his last year of high school, I went to America. I wanted to explore, get inspiration, maybe even find a company to intern at. I couldn’t find a company that would let me intern without being in school. I didn’t feel like I needed a degree in fashion to make it so I headed back home. When I got back, Namjoon told me that he got a job as a producer at Pledis Entertainment. He was so excited and asked me to go with him. Of course I said yes. As soon as I did, he dropped to one knee and proposed. He thought that it would show that even though we’re starting fresh outside of Ilsan, it would be the reminder that we weren’t alone, that we had each other. Of course we moved and he started working and I got an internship at Avex. We met all the boys and everything was going well. About 7 months later, we had grown to be very distant. We barely saw each other, even though we lived together. I would always go visit him at work just to save face, but it didn’t make a difference. By then, his career had become the most important thing for him. One night every just came out. I said some things, he said some things, and next thing you know I had my bags packed, left the ring and I left. I took the money I had saved and bought my house, took my career more serious and here I am.”

“Wow. I didn’t realize your relationship with him was so complex. But how did you both get to the place you are now?”

“We got here because of our history. No matter what, he was always my best friend, my family. The boy’s got us in the same room, and after both of us being headstrong for a few hours, we both just hashed everything out. Almost 3 years later, we’re back to where we used to be, as if nothing ever happened.”

“Just like that?”

“Just like that. All because we were friends first.”

“It only works if friendship is valued by all parties involved.”

“I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. Either your friends or your not.”

“It’s not that simple in this industry. You have to watch your back at every turn. Everyone is looking for their ticket to stardom.”

“So why stay in the industry? Why have the worry of who’s going to stab me next?”

“The same reason you kept pursuing fashion. You love it. You love it just like I love making music. I’ve been in the industry since I was 8 years old. That’s 20 years of my life, he’ll that is my life. But the feeling of having people enjoy the music you made makes everything worth it.”

“But you have to remember, there will come a time where you’ll be disabled. You hands might not work, you could lose your sight or hearing. Nothing last forever. If you couldn’t make music anymore how would you survive? Would you even have friends to fall back on? What about your family?”

Jiyong was taken back and his face definitely showed it. Not once had he thought about what he would do if he indeed had to stop making music. Besides Youngbae and Chaelin, he didn’t have friends to fall back on. With Youngbae pursuing a girl and Chaelin getting ready to dive into the American market, he would truly have no one.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean for it to come out so harsh.”

“No,you’re right. I had never thought of that. I don’t have a back up plan for after music, I don’t have friends to fall back on either.”

“Don’t forget, sometimes you just need family to set you straight. There’s nothing better than family bonding.”

“Is that why you’re going home? To have them set you straight.”

“That and to get out of going home for Christmas.” Destynee laughed, getting a small chuckle from Jiyong. “I might regret this, but why don’t you come with me?”

“You mean to visit your parents?”

“Yeah. I mean unless you wanna stay in this big house by yourself.”

“No! I’ll go, just will it be okay? I don’t want to impose.”

“You’ll be fine. My parents love meeting new people. We just can’t tell them about the deal. That’s a one way ticket to endless guilt.”

“Of course. I can’t wait to meet my best friends parents.” Jiyong spoke, wrapping his arm around Destynee’s neck.

“Can you quit with the skinship?” Destynee asked, pushing Jiyong away.

“But you always let me touch you?”

“More like the past few days, but honestly I’ve grown to hate skinship. Although I’m surprised, I didn't peg you for the touchy type.”

“What can I say? You’ve changed me.”

“Go. Before you start spouting out more bull.” Destynee said picking up her papers.

“Hey! I thought we were having a moment.” Jiyong spoke, standing up.

“We had one. Now I’ve got work to get done.” Destynee said without looking up from her papers.

“Fine. You want anything to eat while you work?”

“No, but some fresh tea would be nice. Mines is cold since our moment lasted so long.” Destynee said, holding out her mug.

“Two drops of honey?” Jiyong asked, taking the mug from Destynee.

“You catch on quick.” Destynee laughed as Jiyong walked off to the kitchen.



 

OGx-vACM3tD0jR0lyaDV2Z7nDaIl1ZbZHydWhnMI1WdvIccnklXQFC2I9oQLkk10eIN7X71gOCsRbjm12QMikfEW1Hq0OX2lJqZEyuGzdAuEsp-seqZixABNMth_SRm0llJFljYJ

 

“None of this is part of your diet.”

“You aren’t seriously about to throw it all away.” Minpyo asked, pull a bag of chip out of the trash, only for Lennox to snatch them away and throw them on the trash again.

“Hyung! You’re really going to let her throw it away.”

“I told you not to buy it.” Jung hoon spoke, watching Lennox pulling more things out the cabinets.

“Hyung!” Minpyo whined.

“You knew we were going on a diet, why would you even buy all this?” Jung hoon asked.

“Hyung said there was no way you’d listen to what she says.”

“He did? Excuse me for a moment.” Lennox spoke, making her way to Jaewook’s room.

“Let her handle it.” Gunmin spoke, blocking Heedo’s path.

“I don’t understand why we need her.”

“Obviously we need her if you’re buying all this crap. You don’t even eat ice cream!” Gunmin said as he resumed cleaning out the freezer.

“Obviously it was to annoy her. Who does she think she is to come in and tell us how to live our lives?”

“That’s her job. She was hired to do just that. Why can’t you just do what she asks.” Heedo asked.

“Because she makes everything uncomfortable. Obviously Hyung doesn’t like her but it doesn’t seem to matter to any of you. All you see is a pretty face. Did you her already? Is that how she got this job?”

“Watch your mouth.” Heedo snapped.

“Heedo…. calm down.” Gunmin said pulling Heedo to the other side of the room.

“Minpyo, I think that’s enough.”

“Enough? So I can’t speak my mind, but he gets to do whatever he pleases? Remember that it’s his fault that our comeback kept getting pushed back. Does she know what kind of person you really are? Does she know that you killed someone? Does she know that your using her to fix your reputation, to make yourself feel better?”

“None of that is my business. I’m here to do my job, and if you all want to get on stage any faster, you would follow my directions. I’m sure that just like Jaewook, you want me out of your life, so just do what’s asked so we can make that happen as soon as possible. Gunmin, I’ll text you at sometime next week so that we can go shopping. You guys have enough food to make it a week. I’m going to head out now, there’s somewhere that I need to be.” Lennox spoke, grabbing the bags of discarded food.

“Here let me help.” Heedo said, grabbing one of the bags from her.

“I can do it myself.” Lennox said, reaching for the bag.

Heedo swerved his hand with the bag and made his way out the kitchen.

Lennox bowed to the boys in the kitchen and the left the dorm. She walked behind Heedo, but made no move beside or ahead of him. The pair walked in silence. After dropping off the trash, Heedo walked Lennox to her car.

“Look about what you heard. I-”

“What did I hear?” Lennox asked raising her eyebrow.

“About me…. I mean…. I didn’t….. I’m not….” Heedo stuttered trying to find the words to say or where to even start.

“You don’t need to tell me anything. It’s none of my business. If it’ll make you feel better, then just think I didn’t hear anything. It’s not like my opinion would matter anyway.” Lennox said as her eyes shifted to the the left of Heedo.

“Everyone’s opinion matters.”

“Sometimes the opinions of others can ruin a person. Listening is beneficial when asked for, but when it’s not, it can ruin you.” Lennox spoke looking up at Heedo.

 

*Click*

 

“Did you hear that?” Lennox asked looking around.

“Get in the car.” Heedo said hurriedly, opening the door for Lennox.

“Wait. What’s going on?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll handle it. You go ahead, didn’t you have somewhere else to be?” Heedo spoke, pushing Lennox into the car and shutting the door.

Lennox started the car and pulled out of the parking garage. She looked back but Heedo was already gone.

‘I have a bad feeling about this…. I know I heard a click.’ Lennox thought to herself as she left the parking garage, headed to the resturant for her afternoon shift.

 

 

A/N: Happy New Years everyone!!!! Figured id start the year off by giving you all a chapter, so hope yall enjoyed. Shout out to Pure_complications for upvoting! You da bomb! Can't wait to read your comments and give you guys more chapters this year! Now if yall will excuse me, yah girl bout to go smash this chicken lmfao.

Bye!