46: Photo

AROUND US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob scrolls the photos which fans have tagged him in Instagram and pauses as he sees a familiar IG ID - HyunSeung's. It has been a long time since they last talk to him. The times without him have become a norm for HIGHLIGHT, it has been more than a year that he has left their group. The difference in music interests and personalities have led to the outcome today - there is no hatred of any sort, probably more of disappointment. Yoseob was the one who got HyunSeung a chance to audition in their previous company and of course the chance led to the formation of B2ST. 

 

The memories they shared as a group of 6 will never be replaced nor forgotten. It was a difficult time for all when he left to be a solo artist, letting the remaining 5 of them continue ahead as a team. HyunSeung has always been the quiet one, the quirky one - it has always been challenging for them to read his expressions and guess his thoughts. His decision to leave them did not come unexpectedly, his attitude then made it clear that he was not keen to work together in the team anymore. 

 

Just like what Kikwang said in an interview shortly after HyunSeung's departure from the group, his absence will be noticeable and of course the 5 of them will have to work hard to try to makeup for the void. The fans have divided views of his departure - many of which were angry ones. They felt betrayed and disrespected by his poor attitude at the later phase of his career as a member of B2ST. But honestly, nobody else knows better than HyunSeung himself. He has been through many ups and downs during this career, including the sudden demise of his father. Perhaps that has become a turning point in his life, no fan will understand that part of him. 

 

That evening, Yoseob sits in the company van as they drive towards AROUNDUS ENTERTAINMENT after his schedule. As he recognises the area, he turns to quickly snap a photo of the sunset and more importantly, the view that HyunSeung uploaded together with his apology. Uploading the photo without a caption, Yoseob looks out the window in deep thoughts. Dingding! A message pops up on his screen - a LINE message from Seollin. "Are you alright?"

 

Yoseob heaves a deep sigh as he reads the message. Seollin is probably worried about him right now, but he does not know how to reply that simple question of hers. He does not know if the other members kept HyunSeung's number in their phones or not, it has become difficult for them to approach him anymore. Something just feels awkward between him and the 5 of them. Dingding! Another message from Seollin: "It's ok, I'll wait for you at home..."

 

Meanwhile...

Kikwang likes Yoseob's photo on IG and leaves a comment of 'WOW', vaguely acknowledging the meaning behind the photo. And as usual, comments come flooding in as Yoseob did not switch off the comment section. Haeun glances at Kikwang as he looks at the photo without a word. Leaning her head on his shoulder, she smiles as he turns around to look at her with a forced smile on his face. She knows very well that HIGHLIGHT has been working hard to be the shining stars for their fans, but deep down, they are still just young men who need emotional support at times too. Behind their happy smiles, lies much more things that they cannot share with the fans.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter