16: Ideas

AROUND US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late evening when Seollin receives a call from Junhyung. "Oh Junhyung ah, what's up?" She is surprised by his sudden call because he is usually friendly towards her but is a man of little words. "Do you have time right now? Tae-joo and I are at the recording studio, we are running out of ideas. We need someone to give us some inspirations. So was wondering if you want to try writing lyrics for our next album? Yoseob told me that you are good with music too, so maybe you can join us and write some lyrics of your own?" Junhyung is nervous as he talks, he has always been good with producing music but sometimes producers do experience mental block.

 

"Write lyrics? That will be a first time for me though...Alright! Text me your recording studio address, I'll quickly prepare to leave home ok? See you guys later!" Seollin is excited by Junhyung's invitation to have her attempt of writing lyrics, furthermore if it is good enough, it could possibly appear in their next album. "Yanggaeng ah~ Be good alright? I'll be going to uncle Junhyung's recording studio to hopefully write some good lyrics for Yoseob Appa's and HIGHLIGHT uncles' next album. Bye~" Seollin pats Yanggaeng's head gently while he her hands. She texts Yoseob who is busy with the recording of Fantastic Duo 2. He probably will not reply her till the end of the recording so off she goes alone to Junyung and Tae-joo's recording studio.

 

Knockknock! "Junhyung ah?" Seollin knocks and opens the recording studio door, the guys lift their heads up from their writing and wave to her. Junhyung pulls out a chair for Seollin to join them at the table. "So what should i do first? Any concept you guys are thinking of?" Seollin is excited but nervous at the same time as she knows very well producing a good album is hard work. "Actually to be honest, that is what we are stuck with right now." Tae-joo laughs as he says, pretending to be embarrassed by his words. Junhyung smirks at him and slaps his arm. "Yah..dont do aegyo in front of Seollin, you wont want your face being punched by Yoseob later."

 

Seollin blushes at Junhyung's words and smacks him lightly on the shoulder. "Yoseob isnt that violent, he is just protective of me, he is still HIGHLIGHT's aegyo angel. Anyway let's start~" The trio discusses the possible concepts and items that can be inspirations of the songs. After a good three hours, they are getting tired from all the brain-storming. Just then, Yoseob pops his head into the recording studio and smiles at the sight in front of him. "Yah yah yah..so this is where my girl is being kidnapped to huh? What did you guys do to her? She looks so exhausted, I think I can see her soul flying out of her soon." He jokes while giving their usual handshake greeting to Tae-joo and Junhyung.

 

"Yang Sajangnim, your girl here has so many ideas in her mind. I'm seriously impressed by the number of concepts she can come up with within a short period of time. Anyw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter