20: Past

AROUND US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon struts past Seollin's office and smirks at her while knocking on her office door. "Just curious, have you ever wondered how many girls were in Yoseob's love life before you appear? I heard that many fans ship him with IU and Eunji, both of them are having their comebacks during this period. I'm pretty sure fans will imagine how great it would be for him to have interaction time with these girls backstage or something. Anyway, just a curious opinion of mine, dont be too troubled~~" Nayeon's words make Seollin pause and stare blankly, not knowing what to reply.  "Oh right, Jaebum Oppa says hi. He just got back to Seoul yesterday. Kim Jaebum. Your ex-boyfriend who happens to be my childhood friend, remember?" Jiyeon joins Nayeon and the duo gives their usual 'resting' facial expression before leaving the poor girl alone. 

 

"Seollin ah~~" Daeun skips into her room cheerfully but stops in her tracks when she sees a troubled-looking Seollin. "Is something wrong? You are frowning at the computer." She stands behind her to see what is on her screen. Seollin gives a weak smile at Daeun, shaking her head and shutting her laptop. "Aniya, nothing's wrong. Just thinking about some stuff. I got someone to meet this afternoon. I'll text Manager Kim to inform her." Daeun blinks as Seollin leaves before she can respond. Opening up Seollin's computer, Daeun reads an email from a sender 'Kim Jaebum' and frowns as she reads through to the end. Although she knows this is intruding her best friend's privacy, Daeun feels that this email is probably one of the major reasons why Seollin is acting strange.

 

Email - 

Seollin ah, how have you been? I've been looking for you for a long time. My marriage with Jinhee has finally ended. Thank God I did not have any kids with her, she had an unfortunate miscarriage last year. We decided to part on good terms. I got your email address from Jiyeon, hope you dont mind. Perhaps we can meet up for coffee or dinner? I'm sorry for all the hurt I have made you go through but all is settled now. I need to talk to you about us, let's meet ok? - JB

 

Daeun rolls her eyes, she knows very well what this selfish man has placed Seollin through in the past. She was just an innocent fresh graduate from university when she knew him at her new workplace. He was a Korean businessman who has just started off his business and wanted to look for a secretary. Seollin applied for the job and got it. Due to her sweet personality, Jaebum soon started to woo her. At that time, he did not mention anything about being in a long distance relationship with Jinhee. It was on Seollin and Jaebum's 1st dating anniversary that Jinhee flew to Singapore to confront them. Jinhee was already pregnant for 3 months by then. Seollin has unknowingly become the third party of a relationship.

 

When Seollin decided to shift back to Korea together with her family, it was partly to run away from Jaebum and whatever memories they had together. She has never imagined the same man who said that he loved her, will be the same man who said sorry to all his lies and turned his back on her. Seollin knows it will be wrong for her to insist the relationship, it will not be fair to Jinhee or the unborn child. Dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter