11. Vengeful

AROUND US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwayoung has been avoiding Seollin for the longest time ever, to the extent that even when they meet along the corridor of their company building, Hwayoung will simply give a cold stare and turn around to walk away in the opposite direction. She has been pissed with the fact that despite her efforts to win Yoseob's heart, he just regards her as one of the staff members. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

"Hwayoung ah, can you arrange with Seollin the styling time for HIGHLIGHT's recording at the radio station tomorrow? We will not need any styling for the dancers team since there is no live recording of their comeback so you should join her team to prep for HIGHLIGHT's radio schedule tomorrow." Manager Kim instructed Hwayoung who turns to roll her eyes and walks off to pack her workstation.

 

"This is my advice to you young lady, I dont care whether you like it or not. If you join this company, you should act as a team member and not as a lone ranger. Teamwork is very important, one more mistake and I will make sure that I propose for your termination. Understand?" Manager Kim was furious about what Hwayoung has done to sabotage Seollin in the past. She is only willing to give her another chance upon some persuasion from Yoseob and the other HIGHLIGHT members.

 

Hwayoung nods before leaving the room. "Yong Seollin-ssi, please confirm the timing for the styling tomorrow. I dont want to get blamed for any miscommunication with you." She calls Seollin on her work mobile and talks to her in a monotone. "Oh hi Hwayoung, please be here at 7am tomor.." Hwayoung hangs up on Seollin after hearing the confirmed time, she detests listening to her voice even for one more second.

 

On the other side of the phone..

"Seollin ah, what's wrong?" Daeun asks after noticing Seollin raises her eyebrow and stares at her phone screen. "It's nothing, Hwayoung hanged up on my call. Not the first time but still, it feels..*sigh* I wish she would just talk to me what exactly she wants, it's difficult to work with someone who hates your guts no matter what you do." Daeun nods and pats her best friend's shoulder to show empathy.

 

"Anyway just be careful of her alright? I dont want to scare you but I've heard from other junior colleagues that Hwayoung is getting worse each day. She is like a monster to them. You dont know how many of them came to me to ask if I need any assistant for my team. Call me if she gives you any trouble ok?" Seollin nods and gives a weak smile before heading home, ending her dinner night with Daeun on a worried note...

 

Seollin reaches the office early as usual to ensure that everything has been arranged to allow a smooth workflow for the team and HIGHLIGHT members. Hwayoung opens the door and their eyes meet. "Morning Hwayoung ah..." Seollin tries to be friendly and smiles to greet her but Hwayoung looks away and ignores her. Heaving a silent sigh, Seollin continues with her work. Frustrated by this suffocating tension between them, she turns to Hwayoung, determined to talk things out before anyone else reaches.

 

"We need to talk. Just what did I do so wrong that you hate me like this? Tell me." Seollin's question catches Hwayoung off-guard initially but soon trigger the anger she feels in her. "You really dont know why I hate you? Seriously?" Hwayoung flares up at Seollin with daggers in her eyes.

 

"Dont you know that it's irritating to see how Yoseob treats you like a princess in front of everyone? I've put in so much efforts to be a perfect girl in front of him since working at CUBE entertainment. He doesnt see me as a woman, only just as a co-worker. Now I'm just his employee. Isnt this so unfair? What's so good about you huh?" Hwayoung's words shock Seollin. She was not aware that Hwayoung actually has feelings for Yoseob since a long time ago.

 

Hwayoung clenchs her fists as she stares at Seollin. Looking down at the scissor placed on the dressing count

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter