Chapter 2

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Eunji kept checking himself out in the mirror as he made sure that every single strand of hair was neatly tucked in place. It was after all the first day on the job as Park Chorong’s personal bodyguards and Eunji wanted to look his best. 

Tugging at the lapel of his jacket, he praised his reflection with a wide beam since he was extremely happy with what he saw.

“Man you are good looking.”

Observing him was Yoon Bomi who was presently seated with his arms resting atop the back of a chair.

“Seriously Jung, nothing has changed since the last time you checked.”

Bringing his arm up and resting his chin on an upturned palm, Bomi continued speaking.

“What is it about this Park girl that has you going crazy? She looks just like every other girl you have been dating.”

Giving himself one last look before flopping down on the edge of his bed and wearing his shoes, Eunji paused for a moment to think.

“Her status is what's different Yoon. She is the only daughter of Park enterprise. I’ll be made for life if I get to marry her.”

“Isn't marriage about being in love with the person?”

Springing up on to his feet after putting on both sides of his shoes, Eunji patted Bomi on the shoulder while heaving a sigh.

“Sorry to burst your bubble bro. But that stuff is made for the movies. We are living in a real world and that means we have to be practical.”

Scooping up the car keys from the top of a chest of drawers, he tossed them to Bomi who caught them easily with one hand.

“Now come on. We don't wanna be late picking up the princess.”

------------------------------------

The guys had initially thought that they were early but surprisingly, Park Chorong was already standing on the steps of the main door when they pulled the car into the driveway of the huge mansion.

Rushing to get out of the vehicle, Eunji quickly opened the door to the back seat and motioned for the young woman to enter. Noticing the rather large case that Chorong was trying to balance in addition to holding her purse, Bomi took the case from her hands and placed it into the boot.

Along the way to the first venue on the list of Park Chorong's itinerary saw Eunji trying his best to engage the rich heiress with light conversation. Unfortunately his efforts remained futile as the ice maiden did not even glance his way.

“Why are we headed to the musical hall? Will you be performing?”

He received no reply to his question and more attempts to get her to talk met with the same brick wall. Yet Park Chorong's icy demeanor didn't seem to put a damper on Eunji's spirits.

In fact, her lack of response only got the handsome officer more interested to obtain her attention. She was vastly different from the other girls he met as she didn't fall at his feet as soon as he smiled or shot them a cheeky wink. 

“Can you please stop talking? I'm trying to get some rest!”

Almost immediately, Eunji clamped one hand over the lower portion of his face and his ears turned slightly red from receiving the harsh complaint. To his right, the driver was trying hard to stifle the laughter that was threatening to burst from his mouth at seeing his buddy so cruelly rejected.

Once they have parked, Eunji opened the door for Chorong and led the way into the building whilst Bomi carried the huge case and followed behind the two.

Inside the auditorium, Chorong instructed Bomi to place the leather case on the stage and gave the two orders to leave and be back about three hours later to pick her up.

Eunji was the first to reject the arrangement upon hearing her instructions. How could they leave her alone when she was the protectee they were supposed to safeguard? However, the wealthy woman wouldn't take no for an answer and insisted on having her way. The issue was only resolved when Bomi agreed to her decision.

“We will be back in three hours time Ms Park. Please do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter