Chapter 7

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a few days since the accident and Chorong had not stepped out of her room. She had simply given the reason of not feeling well to her father and the senior Park had ordered all of the mansion's staff to do everything they can to ensure her comfort. 

She had rejected all guests except for Kim Namjoo. And although her childhood friend had been wanting to drop by, her increased workload as the director of the hospital did not give her the luxury to.

Sitting by the large bay windows in her bedroom, Chorong kept her gaze outside as she zoned out and stared at nothing in particular. A part of her was dying to know about Bomi's condition yet she kept brainwashing herself to not think about the injured bodyguard. 

Stop thinking about him Park Chorong. It's not as though we could ever work out. Besides, he had never shown any interest in me. Moreever, he would be disgusted to even entertain the thought of liking me if he knew how dirty and tainted I am.

Lowering her head to lean on her raised knees as she felt tears spring to her eyes, Chorong wrapped her hands tightly around her legs as she wept pitifully.

Remaining unmoving in the same position for hours, Chorong didn't realize she had dozed off until someone started to knock on her bedroom door.

"Unnie. It's Namjoo. Can I come in?"

Awakened by the interruption, Chorong lifted her head only to find that it felt exceptionally heavy. Raising her hand to support her throbbing head, Chorong started to walk unsteadily to her bedroom door.

As soon she opened it and Namjoo caught side of her ashen face and swollen eyes, the young doctor immediately knew that something was amiss.

"Omo unnie, are you not feeling well?"

Holding onto Chorong's arm as the elder swayed dangerously on her feet, Namjoo helped her to the bed and pulled the covers over her body. Hurrying to her bag which had earlier been left forgotten on the floor by the door, Namjoo picked it up and placed it on a nearby chair before opening it up to retrieve her stethoscope.

Arranging it so that it hung by her ears, Namjoo bent over and concentrated on detecting Chorong's heartbeat. By now the heiress had turned even paler and beads of sweat dotted her hairline and a sheen of perspiration covered her neck.

"Where are you not feeling well unnie?"

"Just...a head...ache. I'll be fine."

Furrowing her eyebrows, Namjoo pursed her lips in frustration. 

"Unnie, you know it is never just a headache when it comes to your health. Please tell me where else hurts or if you feel that something isn't right."

Knowing that she should not hide things from Namjoo as the younger was genuinely concerned about her unlike so many who are simply faking it to get into her father's good books or were purely attracted to her because they were lusting over her angelic like beauty, Chorong finally revealed the truth.

“My chest feels tight. And the gastric pain is very intense...”

Rummaging through her bag for more medication, Namjoo was thankful that she had kept up with the good practise of keeping the medication Chorong frequent took close at hand.

Instructing the ahjumma of the household to prepare a glass of lukewarm water and some finely brewed porridge, Namjoo fussed over Chorong as she ate slowly.

Even though Chorong didn't have much of an appetite and had only manage to consume less than half of the bowl's contents, Namjoo deemed it sufficient for her take the medication.

Watching the frail girl swallow her pills and struggle to keep what she had ingested earlier within her stomach, Namjoo's heart went out to her unnie and she made a promise to herself to keep a look out for this vulner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter