Chapter 9

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was three hours after he had awoken and now Yoon Bomi was left alone in his ward staring up at the white washed ceiling of the hospital building. He recalled how he was groggy and felt pain throughout his torso when he first opened his eyes to see a furious dongseng glaring at him.

He was vaguely aware that Oh Hayoung was clutching on his attire and shaking him with such ferocity that he felt as though his head would explode from the pain searing through with each rocking motion of his body. Thankfully the doctor who was present nearby managed to stop the harsh treatment after much coaxing and pulling. 

After the younger male had stormed off in anger, it was the doctor, Kim Namjoo, was that her name? Who had stayed behind to explain patiently how he had gotten himself into the hospital and the current condition of his body. As he watched her reading off his medical chart and going through the extent of his injuries and what he would have to do to recover fully, he started to find her familiar and after some thought, realized that she was the promising director of the glamorous hospital under the medical arm of Park enterprise.

"Doctor Kim, were you the one who treated me the last time Ms Park brought me to this hospital?"

Despite being almost certain that she was the same person, Bomi still went ahead to clarify his suspicion. 

Putting down the clipboard and staring back at him with an intense gaze, Namjoo nodded to affirm his guess.

"That is correct."

She paused briefly, as if expecting him to say something. And as she had predicted, Bomi went on to say.

"Is Ms Park...is she alright?"

Taking the time to observe the furrow between his eyebrows and the ernest glint within his dark brown eyes, Namjoo decided that she would trust her gut feeling for once and bet that the patient lying on his back full of injuries but who was still obviously more concerned for her unnie would be the 'one' who would rescue Park Chorong from the abyss of despair which she had been suffering from for so long.

"Yoon Bomi-ssi, do you want to hear a story? One that would most definitely change your view of Chorong unnie. Can I trust that you would not do anything that would harm her more than she already is hurt? If you are sure about this, then I would now share with you the tale of how the demons which have been plaguing her for years came about." 

After she had completed the story, Namjoo exited the room to continue with the rest of her rounds. Left alone to ponder about what he had just heard, Bomi quickly realized the reason for Chorong's cold attitude the first time he and Eunji were ordered to act as her bodyguards. 

She was only trying to protect herself by hiding behind the high walls which she had built around herself after being repeatedly hurt and disappointed by the people whom she had allowed into her life.

"Chorong-ssi..."

Without noticing that he had uttered her name in such a soft and gentle manner, Bomi felt an overwhelming urge to go to her right this instant and to see for himself if she was alright. From what Namjoo had revealed earlier, she seemed to be slipping back into the depression which she had fought so hard to get out from.

The door to his room flew open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter