Chapter 10

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi' POV

I pulled Chorong close to my chest and hugged her tightly the moment her eyes fluttered shut. I could not believe that this was happening and that she could very possibly leave this world with such an end despite the many times I had saved her life. Unable to accept that the woman I had only recently discovered to have feelings for could be gone from my life in this very instant, I stubbornly refused to allow her to leave this this cruel world. I was determined to help her see the beauty in life again and in order to do so I had to ensure that she lived. Wrapping my arms around her body, I lifted her easily and stood up with the intention of bringing her to Namjoo's car and rushing her to the hospital for emergency treatment.

However the moment I turned around, Namjoo had appeared panting at Chorong's room door while carrying a large medical pack. Gazing at me with a solemn expression and speaking with authority, she ordered me to place Chorong on the bed whilst she flipped open the cover of the pack and rummaged through its contents. Looking up at me once again as she gathered some supplies together, she asked.

"What is your blood type?"

The next two hours saw me lying on the bed beside Chorong as an intravenous line ran between us. Coincidentally we both were of blood type O and Namjoo had thought of processing the blood transfusion right there in the house instead of wasting precious time rushing to the hospital. Although I was shocked at her propersition, I gladly accepted the option as I would do anything at this point just to keep Chorong alive.

Namjoo had graciously excused herself from the bedroom after observing the two of us for thirty minutes just to make sure there were no complications. I was glad to be left alone with Chorong as I could now have the liberty of taking care of her.

her forehead gently, I pushed back the loose strands of hair away from her face and stared closely at Chorong. Undoubtedly her features were all beautiful and put together, they formed a wonderous piece of art. Park Chorong was breathtakingly gorgeous in my eyes and I was sure not many would say otherwise.  

Chorong looked so calm and at peace in this state that I felt sorry for wanting her to wake up quickly. Yet I missed seeing her clear brown eyes and listening to her soft and adorable voice. I would even agree to her scolded or treating me harshly if she could regain consciousness and become healthy again. Staring at her resting face, I could slowly see some of the colour return to her previous pallid cheeks and chapped lips. 

On the other hand I was beginning to feel increasingly lightheaded and nauseated. These were but some of the side effects Namjoo had warned me about. She cautioned me to tell her the minute I felt unwell and she would stop the blood transfusion at once. Nevertheless my sole priority was for Chorong to be well hence I bit onto my lip and endured the mounting feeling of malaise. 

Time continued to passed as my blood flowed though the plastic tubing and into the blood bag. Every time it was filled up and the red fluid was sent into Chorong's body via the needle in her arm, the clarity in my vision dropped more and the dizziness I was feeling increased tenfold. My body felt weak to the extent that I could barely lift up my arm as it lay on Chorong's. 

Cold sweat peppered my forehead and the back of my neck. I could also feel my shirt grow damp and I shivered controllably from a slight breeze which had entered though the open window. Forcing myself to keep my eyes open, I was finally rewarded by the image of Chorong staring back at me with glassy eyes and a slightly dazed look. 

"Yoon Bomi-ssi?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter