Chapter 6

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong gripped onto the collar of Bomi's shirt and shook him hard hoping that a miracle would somehow occur. 

"Yah Yoon Bomi! Is this how you carry out your job? Leaving me all alone in this wilderness to fend for myself?! My father hired you to protect me and that's what you should be doing!"

Her tears fell like water gushing from a broken dam and Chorong was sure she looks hideous in her present state with her ruined make up and outfit which had been torn beyond recognition.

The hysterical screaming did little to rouse the injured police officer and once again Chorong was fast losing hope.

What the young heiress did not expect was for Bomi to start coughing as his body began to convulse. His pale face twitched slightly and this was quickly followed by his head jerking in rapid succession. Finally his upper torso lifted off the trunk of the tree and he started to shake violently. 

Taken by surprised and thoroughly shocked from the turn of events, Chorong could only watch helplessly as Bomi continued to cough in his unconscious state. Crimson red blood soon started to sprout from his slightly parted lips and the sticky fluid flowed from his mouth down his chin and neck. His white shirt which had been stained pink from the mixture of rain and blood was once again drenched bright red.

Chorong had never seen a single person lose so much blood at one time and she wasn't sure how anyone could still have any blood left after such extensive blood lost. She was almost going to completely give in to desperation when the faint voices of people shouting floated into her ears.

"Over here! Help! We are over here!"

Screaming at the top of her lungs, Chorong quickly got up and tried to find the people who were calling out to them. Fortunately the search party consisting of paramedics came towards Chorong immediately when they saw her waving.

"Ms Park, are you injured?"

Gesturing to the state of her clothing and the numerous scratches on her legs, one of the medical personnel was going to squat down and tend to them when she stopped him and pointed over to where Bomi had collapsed.

Running to where he now lay motionless, Chorong knelt down and begged the medics to help him.

"Please save him, he has lost so much blood."

Realizing the severity of his wounds from the open lacerations and the paleness of his skin, two of the paramedics flipped open their equipment packs and began resuscitation.

Getting up and standing a short distance away in order to not obstruct their work, Chorong was biting on her nails from the sheer anxiety.

"We can't stop the bleeding for long. He has to be transported to the hospital before he bleeds out!"

Hearing those words made Chorong even more anxious and she grabbed onto the arm of one of the paramedics. She was about to ask him more about Bomi's condition when Eunji appeared and pulled her back.

"Ms Park, I've finally found you. Let's get you to the hospital."

"What about Yoon Bomi?"

Steering her away from the scene where Bomi was being lifted onto a stretcher, Eunji brought the dishevelled looking Chorong towards a waiting vehicle. 

"He's in good hands. Now we have to get you into clean and dry clothes and check you out for any injuries."

The ride to the hospital was quiet as Chorong was left deep in thought whilst she stared out the window. All that was presently running through her mind was whether Bomi was alright. Eunji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter