Chapter 13

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where is Bomi-ah? Is he hard at work again? That boy needs to find some time to eat a proper meal."

The elderly lady grumbled as she scooped some rice out of the tub and placed it in Jung Eunji's bowl. Raising her eyebrows expectantly, she stared at the boy in question, as if searching for an explanation as to why he was here having a meal when his buddy wasn't. 

"Bomi is following up on a case. He would be rather busy the whole week."

Only daring to gulp audibly when the old lady's eyes shifted from his face, Eunji heaved a sigh of relieve when she turned to face her young grandson.

"How is work at the station Hayoung-ah? You have to be more careful now that you have been assigned to follow up on cases."

The sole family member of the siblings could not help but worry about her grandchildren especially when one is working as a police officer and the other still hasn't dated ever since she broke up with her first and only boyfriend.

"Hayoungie is old enough to take care of himself. Don't worry so much."

Placing both hands onto her grandmother's shoulders, Naeun said as she smiled lovingly at her precious grams. Unbeknownst to her, a certain playboy officer had his eyes trained on her and he never once took his line of sight away from the beauty from the moment he stepped into the little restaurant. 

It had been two weeks since him and Naeun ended up sleeping together and he had been coming in everyday to take his meals without fail. It was surprising that someone as flippant as he did not complain about eating at the same venue consecutively for the past 14 days.

As he tucked heartily into his food, he let his vision linger on the long haired goddess sitting opposite him. He was undoubtedly mesmerized and Eunji could not for the life of him understand how and why he hadn't noticed her wondrous beauty before. 

"Hyung, hyung, HYUNG!"

Hayoung yelled at the top of his voice when he failed to capture his senior's attention for the nth time. Waving his hands in front of the elder male's face, he huffed in annoyance at how he was once again overlooked.

"Please pass me the kimchi. And why are you staring at my noona? In fact,  you have not taken your eyes off her ever since the night you slept together!"

Hayoung has always had a loud voice and this time it was no different as his voice resonated within the walls of the small eatery causing curious glances to shoot their way.

"Wa-wah what are you talking about?! We did not sleep together!"

His outburst led to more gazes and most of the customers in the restaurant began whispering amongst themselves, clearly finding the scene playing out before them to be very interesting indeed. 

"What rubbish are you spewing Hayoungie! Jung Eunji and I are just acquaintances. And we did nothing of that sort. For your information."

Despite her fierce denial, there was without a doubt that a pinkish hue had surfaced on her flawless cheeks. Son Naeun was embarrassed and her predicament was all due to the annoying Jung Eunji!

Always one to argue till the end if he thought he wasn't in the wrong, Hayoung insisted on winning and continued his argument unfazed.

"What do you mean that you have not slept together? I clearly saw you too wrapped up in each other's arms that night! Plus hyung has been coming in daily since that night. Not to mention he has been staring at noona with the most love sick expression on his face. I would have thought that the two of you are already at the dating stage!"

At this point, both parties in question are flabbergasted and too stunned by the accusations to react. The tension was so great that the thickest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter