Chapter 14

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong watched with concern etched across her beautiful face as her childhood friend tended to the unconscious officer. Using sanitized medical apparatus to carefully stitch up the wound which has reopened due to overexertion while scaling the high walls of the Park mansion, Kim Namjoo shook her head as she scrutinized the injury.

"Unnie, he is going to get a bad scar judging from how badly this split open."

Her dongseng's words made her feel even worse and Chorong chewed on her lower lip anxiously as she blamed herself for Bomi's current condition. If only she had not refuse to see him. He would not have had to climb three stories up and cause his still recovering wound to rip open from the extreme movements. Getting drenched in the thunderstorm had further aggravated his injury as the rain water had seeped in and led to inflammation.

"Is he going to be okay?"

"It will depend on whether he recovers well. But as he is still relatively weak, he might end up suffering from a fever. He should be fine after the fever breaks."

Namjoo emphasized on the word 'should' as she wasn't sure how fast Bomi's temperature would come down as he has not even recovered fully from his previous injuries.

"Why am I such a burden and always causing him problems?! I should just die and not be a hindrance to everyone!"

Falling to her knees, Chorong sank to the floor and curled into a ball, bawling her eyes out. Seeing her actions, Namjoo rushed to her side and scooped her up in a tight embrace. 

"Omo unnie, please don't say things like this. We would be crushed if anything happened to you. Look at Yoon Bomi-ssi, he would risk even his life just to see you. You have so much to live for."

As Chorong wrapped her arms around the younger girl and wept sorrowfully, she could not help but harbour a glimmer of hope that perhaps what Namjoo said had an ounce of truth in it. Bomi hadn't given up on her despite her many rejections. Even though she had shouted at him to leave and even threw things at the closed door where he had waited behind. She also remembered how he had insisted on keeping her company on a random stormy night and spent the entire evening speaking to her in a gentle voice whilst she sat huddled in her bed and he standing in the cold along the corridor outside. 

"Namjoo-ah.."

Calling out to her best friend in a small voice, she finally voiced the single question which had been weighing on her mind.

"Can I really be happy too?" 

-----------------------------------------

The room was dark and silent and Bomi could not see beyond a few steps in front of him. Yet as he continued walking forward, his boots stepped into a puddle of sticky substance. Gazing down at his feet, he was aghast to see that the dark fluid was none other than blood. Following the trail of the crimson liquid, he soon came upon a body lying facedown in it. With shaking hands, he reached out to turn the montionless person over...

"CHORONG-SSI!!!"

Bolting upright in an instant, Bomi exclaimed aloud as he was jolted awake from the terrifying nightmare of discovering Chorong lying dead in a pool of her own blood. After the initial shock and adrenaline had passed, the intense pain from the wound in his side overtook his senses and he groaned in pain and lost all strength from his body. Falling weakly sideways, the pain intensified as the weight of his body pressed down onto the injury. He could feel blood oozing from the fresh gash as his breath came out in shallow puffs and his mind turned hazy from his fever induced state. From the corner of his eyes, he could make out the door opening and a blurry figure stepping into the room. However before his brain could register the identity of the intruder, his vision faded into darkness and his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter