Chapter 8

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Bomi had been unconscious ever since the operation. The uncertainty of when he would wake up didn't deter Son Naeun from keeping vigil by his bedside.

Afraid to venture too far away from his ward in case he woke up and needed something with no one around the assist him, the young maiden rejected all of her brother's attempts at getting her to go home.

"Noona, it's been three days. Please take a rest at home. Your body can't take it if you continue like this."

Gazing at her brother with a pair of weary eyes, Naeun blinked hard to try and clear the blurry vision she was seeing.

"I can't leave his side Hayoung-ah. I know oppa will wake up soon. I can feel it."

Flopping down heavily on the other unoccupied chair in the ward, Hayoung ran one hand through his hair in exasperation. 

"Noona! Stop being so stubborn, hyung wouldn't like it if he knew you are staying here without eating or sleeping properly."

Feeling guilty about her brother's accusations, Naeun kept her line of sight anywhere and everywhere except on her brother who was staring hard at her as she knew that everything he had said was right. No human being would be able to withstand not falling ill if they weren't getting the adequate diet and rest. 

Sensing that he was finally making some leeway in convincing Naeun to return home and indulge in some sort of proper rest, Hayoung went on to say.

"Halmeoni is missing you very much noona. She said she will come over to accompany hyung herself if you still insist on staying here."

Hearing that the elderly woman and their only kin would come to the hospital if she still refused to go home, a frightened Naeun was finally coerced into accepting Hayoung's proposal. She would go home and take a shower and grab a change of clothes while Hayoung stayed behind. However he would call her at once as soon as there was any change to Bomi's condition.

Loitering at the doorway and casting longing glances at the patient resting on the bed, it was clear that Naeun was still reluctant to leave. Unable to withstand the deterring for a second longer, Hayoung got up from his seat to physically push his older sister out of the room and shut the door against her protests just so she would leave.

Promising that he had his phone on standby and would notify her instantly, Hayoung hollered for her to leave right now or he would personally their grandmother to the hospital. 

A few minutes after Naeun had left, Kim Namjoo was making her routine rounds when she happened to pass by the exact room which Yoon Bomi was residing in. Hesitating outside the door and wondering if she should head inside for a look, Namjoo clicked on her pen repeatedly as she pondered on her decision.

She was still thinking it over when the door swung open and a tall and handsome looking young lad stepped out. His eyes lit up when he noted Namjoo's attire and he immediately gestured for her to enter the ward.

Deciding that the heavens had made her choice on her behalf, Namjoo quickly followed the male into the ward. 

“Doctor, my hyung has not woken up since the operation. Could you please give him a thorough check up? His family is extremely worried about his condition.”

The word 'family' led Namjoo to recall who the visitors who had came by to see Bomi were. Certain that she hadn't seen anyone else besides the boy standing before her and his sister, the ever inquisitive doctor queried. 

"Are you Yoon Bomi-ssi's relative?"

Not even stopping to think about his reply, the male with the rather tall physique replied.

"We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter