Chapter 15

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a beautiful day as the clear skies and warm sunlight beamed down onto the vast garden in the Park Mansion. Sitting on the lawn furniture and preparing some scones, cakes and a pot of tea was Park Chorong as she waited for her longtime friend to arrive. When Kim Namjoo brisked walked across the perfectly trimmed grass and headed towards her, she greeted her younger friend with a bright smile which had not appeared on her face for a long time.

"Unnie!"

Placing her work bag onto an empty chair and pulling the older girl into a hug, Namjoo was overjoyed to see her unnie's jovial mood.

"I am glad to see you smiling again. Did Bomi-ssi already regain conscious?"

Nodding and smiling sweetly in response, Chorong motioned for Namjoo to sit down as she poured some tea into her cup and began telling her tale.

""Bomi-ssi's temperature remained high for a few days. I was so worried he would suffer from brain damage in the future. Thankfully the fever finally broke last night and his wound is no longer infected."

Taking a sip of the aromatic beverage, Namjoo listened attentively and was glad that the man her unnie loved was finally out of danger. However she was much more interested in the relationship between them now that he was conscious.

"It's good that he is recovering. Have you sorted out things between you two?"

Putting down the fork she was previously holding, Chorong leaned back on her chair and gazed at Namjoo with a solemn expression.

"I made a promise to give us a chance. I will do all it takes for us to begin a journey together. I will start by attending regular sessions with my psychiatrist. Bomi-ssi will accompany me and help me through my demons."

Clapping her hands and exclaiming in glee, Namjoo was overjoyed that Chorong might finally leave the dark past behind her and embark on a brighter future with Yoon Bomi's help. She must definitely thank the man properly when he is feeling better. In fact, she is going to take good care of the couple's health and medical aspect to ensure they live a long and ailment free life.

"Reaching out to clasp Namjoo's hands, Chorong flashed a mischievous smile as she probed into her dongseng's personal life.

"What about you Namjoo-ah? Any good news on the romantic front?"

Pausing for a moment as the handsome face of a certain someone popped into her mind, Namjoo could not help but grin a dimpled smile as she admitted that she was currently seeing someone.

"Well, I'm not sure if it will eventually work out but I have gone on a few dates..."

Before she was able to complete her sentence, an overly excited Chorong interrupted her with a barrage of endless questions.

"Who is he? Where did you guys meet?"

Namjoo laughed heartily at the over the top reaction of the older woman and calmly replied. 

"I'll fill you in when our relationship is more stable. In the meantime, take good care of yourself and Bomi-ssi."

----------------------------------------

Once Chorong had sent Namjoo off as the latter was rushing off to meet her potential boyfriend, Chorong prepared congee and some clear soup in case Bomi was already awake. He needed to take his medication soon and she wanted to make sure that he had at least some food to eat first to prevent his gastritis from acting up.

Slipping as quietly into the room as she could, Chorong tip toed inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter