Chapter 5

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms Park!"

Jung Eunji sprinted after the young heiress and although he had managed to catch up with her in a jiffy, he was still rather impressed by her speed especially since she was clad in a pair of killer stilettos. 

When the duo reached the part of the road where the incident occurred, Eunji noticed the fiery flames partially engulfing the truck. Rushing to assist the driver, he didn't notice Chorong looking around frantically for another vehicle.

Running across the highway, she could not help but feel fear strike her heart when she could not locate Yoon Bomi or the Park limousine. By chance, she spotted a set of tyre marks zigzagging across the tar road and she followed them until they let her to the side of the ravine.

Casting her line of sight down, she gasped in shock when she saw their family car laying at the foot of the steep valley with its front bashed in. Against her better judgement or any logic, Chorong unbuckled her heels and threw them aside.

Stepping over the edge, she practically slid down the slippery slopes until she arrived at the mangled wreck. The end result of that act were numerous cuts on both of her palms and the soles of her feet. Nevertheless Chorong didn't seem to feel any pain as she concentrated on getting to Bomi.

By this time, the sky had become overcast in a matter of minutes. Droplets of rain had began to fall and Chorong's hair and clothes were soaked from the sudden downpour. With her status in society,  it would be taboo for the heir of Park Coporation to be seen in such a sorry state.

Yet at this moment, her pathetic appearance was the last thing in the young female's mind. All she could think of was getting to the passenger in the totalled vehicle.

Pushing back her fringe, Chorong stepped cautiously to the side of the banged up metal and peered in through the smashed window. Sure enough,  Yoon Bomi was slumped over the driver's wheel with his head turned away from Chorong.

With trembling hands, Chorong yanked hard on the door handle and miraculously the door gave way and fell open to reveal the unconscious driver.

"Yoon Bomi! Yoon Bomi!"

Calling out his name, Chorong tried to rouse him by tapping on his cheek. Her actions seemed to work as Bomi's eyelids fluttered and he finally opened his eyes. 

"Oh my god Bomi, I thought you...you...!"

Without even realizing what she was doing, Chorong grabbed onto Bomi and sobbed sorrowfully. She didn't know why she had felt so helpless and scared when she saw him not moving. 

On Bomi's part, he was both confused and startled by the turn of events. How did Park Chorong get here and why was she hanging onto him and crying so bitterly? The pair remained in their positions until a loud crack of thunder brought them back to the present situation.

Struggling to stand up, Bomi's body swayed precariously once he was on his feet. Holding onto his arm firmly, Chorong tried to check him for injuries. Besides the gash on his head, he was bleeding from the abdomen as a piece of glass from the smashed windscreen lay embedded in his flesh.

"Omo Yoon Bomi!" 

Trying to reassure her by forcing a small smile, the two of them had proceeded to walk forwards when they heard a familiar voice coming from above.

"Yah Bomi! Are you down there? Can you get up? I'm so dead, I lost Park Chorong!"

Despite his wounds, Bomi couldn't help but grin at hearing his partner's words. Before he could respond to him, Chorong had beat him to it, yelling at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter