Chapter 12

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Hayoung dragged his feet as he strolled down the winding street towards the road where he shared a small unit with his elder sister and grandmother. He had only just knocked off from a late night shift at the station and frankly he was dead tired. At this point in time, all he wanted was to take a warm shower and fall into bed. 

However as he stepped on the path leading past the little restaurant which was operated by his family, he noticed that the metal shutters were up. Turning his wrist over to look at his watch,  he was surprised that the shop would be opened so early in the day. Certain that something was amiss, Hayoung walks up to the shop and tried to push open the glass doors.

He was met with resistance as the structure would not budge. This was definitely strange as usually shutters and door would either both be shut or open. It was never a case of one being open and the other not.

Looking around the area for a makeshift weapon,  Hayoung picked up a sturdy piece of wood to be used as a club and gripped onto it tightly as he carefully unlocked the glass door with a set of his own keys. Once he heard the click of the lock, he pushed open the door and slipped noiselessly into the shop.

As the sun's rays had not yet began to shine deep into the interior of the restaurant, it was still relatively dark in certain corners of the family run establishment. Scanning the place quickly, Hayoung soon spotted what looked like a person huddled on the seats of a booth hidden right in a far corner. 

Raising his staff higher into the air, Hayoung prepared himself for the event of an attack. If this stranger was a robber or thief, it could mean that his family members were in grave danger. Taking in a deep breath, he reached out and yanked off the table cloth which was draped over the unknown person's body. 

What the young lad did not expect to see after the covers were pulled off was the scene of his sunbae, Jung Eunji and his noona with their arms wrapped around each other and sleeping peacefully. 

"Oh my god noona! Sunbae!"

The sudden shout rouse the sleeping duo and they opened their eyes and looked groggily at Hayoung who was standing with mouth agape.

"Hayoungie?"

The first to speak was Son Naeun and she rubbed at her eye with one hand and pouted childishly at her younger brother for waking her up.

Seated next to her still barely awake was Jung Eunji. He turned to glance at his companion when she spoke and what the police officer did not expect was to see the young woman with her head tilted with an adorable pout on her lips. His breath caught in his throat as he starred unblinkingly at the beautiful woman with a head of messy bed hair. Her brown locks fell in tangled waves around her shoulders and despite her slightly bloated face, she still looked wonderfully innocent and cute with her sleepy expression. 

So enthralled was he that Eunji did not even realize that his dongseng was calling out to him until the youngster had to smack him hard on the shoulder. 

"HYUNG!"

"Wha---t?"

"Why are your hands grabbing onto my noona's waist?"

The single statement caused everyone's eyes to focus on Naeun's waist which indeed had Eunji's hands clinging onto it tightly. Upon realization that she was being held so closely by a male, Naeun couldn't help but blush hard at the intimate contact.

Relea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter