Chapter 4

I Still Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms Park, it is possible that you have mistakened gratitude as something else. You do not have to feel indebted to me. In fact, you might not even have any of these feelings by the time you wake up tomorrow."

Park Chorong was lying face down on one of her many fluffy down pillows and she was presently trying her best to muffle the strangled screams she was emitting as she recalled the earlier event. The young heiress couldn't believe the embarrassment she had to endure while being turned down by her very own bodyguard. 

This was the first time she had ever confessed her feelings to anyone and she hadn't expected herself to fail. Was she not pretty or talented enough such that Yoon Bomi had to reject her so resolutely? 

There were a million possible reasons running through her mind but Chorong couldn't for the life of her understand why Bomi would not accept her confession. 

Covering her tiny face with both hands, she was wishing that the Earth would open up a hole in this instant and swallow her up in it. How else was she going to face Yoon Bomi the next day? She was certain it was going to be an extremely awkward situation. 

Making up a mind to save herself from any additional embarrassment, she rolled off her bed and made a beeline for her father’s study. 

Pushing open the sturdy oak door, she pouted like a child when the elder man caught her gaze as she entered his office.

Motioning for her to come and sit down on the hand rest of his large roller chair, he patted her shoulder lovingly as he noted the sour expression she was wearing on her beautiful face.

“Which of the maids irritated you this time my darling daughter?”

Catching the teasing tone in his voice, Chorong crossed her arms and huffed out loud.

“Papa! I want you to replace Yoon Bomi! He isn't a good bodyguard.”

“Oh? But I heard that he saved you from getting hurt today at the music hall.”

Her father’s words startled Chorong and she mentally scolded herself for forgetting that her father would have surely heard of the incident which took place earlier today.

“He just isn't a good bodyguard and I want him out! Otherwise I'm not gonna take my dinner. Breakfast and lunch too!”

Mr Park was well aware that his princess was throwing a tantrum and he would have given in to her and swapped out the bodyguard under normal circumstances. Nevertheless he was going to have to stand firm and reject his daughter’s request this time. No one understood the impending danger more than he and he was not going to risk Chorong’s safety no matter what she insisted on.

Pulling her further into his fatherly embrace, he tried to pacify his fuming daughter in order to ensure that Yoon Bomi could continue staying by her side. Realizing that she was not going to get her way this time, Chorong whined and fussed until her father had no choice but to call Namjoo to the house.

Kim Namjoo was the little girl he had sponsored since she was a child and the two girls had become firm friends from the moment they had first interacted. Despite her younger years, Namjoo was definitely more mature that Chorong and for some reason the intelligent doctor could always get Chorong to see things her way. 

Once Namjoo had soothed Chorong enough that the older girl had gone off to bed, she returned to the study and reported the event to Mr Park. Thanking her for her efforts, he invited her to sit down for a cup of tea.

Accepting the warm beverage with both hands, Namjoo could not help but a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter