Idol [8/8] END

SINRIN ONE SHOTS

Sinb had let Yerin to the building’s rooftop. She mentioned that to every building she held her fansignings, she always went to scavenge her way to the rooftops because that’s the only way she could have her alone time to calm down and just have time to think in the middle of the day. 

 

Yerin breathed in the fresh air, closing her eyes and just relaxing herself to the cold breeze. Her head slightly tilted upwards to let the air run through past her face. 

 

Sinb only watched in awe, though she felt like things would be way better if…

 

The idol stepped herself closer to Yerin, trying her best to contain herself from doing anything too bizarre--her hands moved and grabbed the tip of Yerin’s cap, pulling it off her head. Then she stepped back, and just watched Yerin’s hair flow with the breeze. 

 

It was a sight to see.

 

Sinb felt her lungs get heavier, she felt overwhelmed. But she had to make sure she didn’t scare off the girl so instead, she wore the cap herself and a pose.

 

“Does this look good on me as it does on you, Yerin-ssi?”

 

Yerin chuckled, a little taken aback still from what just happened. She didn’t mind it though, she knew Sinb was just trying to make the atmosphere more comfortable for the both of them.

 

“I think it looks better on you, actually.” Yerin concluded and the idol gave her a wide smile. 

 

Both of them remained silent after that, it was comfortable, it felt just right. They were just admiring the city around them, eyes roaming around the tall and short buildings, and sometimes they would find each other's eyes, with their cheeks flushed red. 

 

“Eunbi-ssi…” Yerin started, Sinb only hummed back as a response, her eyes still gazing away through the scenery in front of them, “Are you sure it’s okay for us to do this?”

 

The idol turned her head to Yerin, meeting her dark brown eyes which were in search of an answer. Sinb knew this was out of line, for an idol to reach out to a fan this way. She knew the consequences and the controversy she would have to face if this goes wrong. But there’s just something about Yerin that she felt like throwing everything away, but not in a comical sense, of course, it’s just that she felt like she would do anything for her.

 

“Define this” 

 

“This… as in, me being here with you like this, the date? Your manager knowing about us?”

 

Sinb pursed her lips, her eyes darting down to Yerin’s lips though only for a quick second. 

 

“As long as you’re okay with it, Yerin-ssi.” the idol simply answered. 

 

“I just don’t understand, I can’t wrap my head around it, can you explain to me what’s going on please? Is there a reason why you need me here? Is there a reason why you wanted to have dinner with me? Did someone set you up to this? I know I sound crazy, I’m just trying to understand-”

 

“I like you, Yerin-ssi.” 

 

“What?”

 

“I like you.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Romantically.”

 

“Oh,” 

 

“Oh.” Yerin repeated herself once more, a couple more times inside her head. It ranged through her. 

 

I like you.

 

Yerin’s mouth falls open, finding the right words to say but she couldn’t. She didn’t know what to say. 

 

The world went silent with them, staring into each other’s eyes, Sinb was searching for that light that perhaps, Yerin liked her the same way while Yerin was trying to find the genuinity of Sinb’s words.

 

Sinb shifted her gaze back to buildings around them. She didn’t want to pressure Yerin into things. Yerin only kept staring at Sinb, eyes roaming around the idol’s side profile. It has never failed to fascinate her at how perfect Sinb’s face structure is, from her eyebrows to her lashes, down to her such prominent and pretty high nose, those lips that looked so soft and probably taste of cherry, now Yerin was the one who’s in awe.

 

“So when is our date?” Yerin asked, trying to calm her damned heart. Sinb chuckled softly as a smile formed on her lips, turning her head back towards her. 

 

“Are you free tonight?” Sinb asked back immediately, Yerin nodded. “My manager said it’s best if we had dinner at my apartment, is that okay with you?” 

 

Yerin pursed her lips together to give it a good thought, but she was more concerned about something else, “Does your manager know about everything that you do?”

 

“Well, it’s better to keep him updated rather than keeping things a secret, don’t you think?” Sinb suggested, “He’s like an older brother to me, he practically raised me, if you’re worried about what he’s going to think about it, don’t be. He’s perfectly okay with it, if he wasn’t I wouldn’t have even told him about you yesterday.” 

 

“Yesterday?” Yerin questioned, her eyebrows softly shot upwards. 

 

“Remember when I called him over?”

 

“Ah… Yes, what did you tell him?”

 

“I whispered to him this,” Sinb said as she motions her hands for Yerin to come closer so she could imitate what she did, Yerin complied and lended her ear for a moment, “Oppa, isn’t she pretty? I like her.” 

 

Sinb retracted herself from Yerin and felt the girl’s body language tense up, she giggled in response. 

 

Yerin, on the other hand, her whole body froze as Sinb whispered those words into her ear, her voice smooth as velvet, it rang into her ears. And there it was again, that word. Like. She felt blood rush to her cheeks and ears.

 

She also couldn’t ignore the fact that Sinb, the Sinb, called her pretty. Yerin thinks she’s dreaming, she wished she could pinch herself right now but, that might look dumb in front of Sinb.

 

Yerin blinked a couple of times before shaking her head, trying to snap herself back to reality, “I’m free tonight.”

 

“It’s a date, then,” Sinb said, her voice soft but confidently strong, smiling to herself and to the girl beside her,

 

“It’s a date.”


okay!!!! so, i hope this ending is good enough for this one shot and it might seem abrupt but there's a good reason for that and that is...

this is going to be turned into a full story!!

now im not promising that i can update it as regularly as i did for this one shot (because for this i literally just dumped anything that came to mind and just went on with it)

but in order for me to turn this into a full story, i need some time to figure out how i want to end it and how im going to write that into the story. i've never written a full story that had a set ending before, so im a bit scared to start because im not sure if i can fully commit to it but i promise i'll try my best. 

 

by the time i undraft this chapter, i've probably posted the seperated story there that includes all the previous chapters and you can find that here so please go subscribe to it if you'd like to know what happens next!

thank you so much for the support that all of u have given me throughout this one shot and im so happy that all of u loved this idea as much as i did, hope you enjoyed this final part. <3