Idol [3/8]

SINRIN ONE SHOTS

Time was actually ticking faster than Yerin had expected because all of a sudden, a staff member was asking for the third row of seats to line up by the left side of the stage. A flash of panic came before her realising that she was too busy taking pictures rather than rehearsing what she’s going to say to her idol. 

 

Yerin quickly switched her camera back to video mode and swiftly pressed the record button before even putting it back on her tripod, she knew all too well that her forgetfulness would cost her and the last thing she wanted was her interaction with Sinb to not be recorded.

 

Then she quickly fished out her album photobook that she had already prepared with sticky notes that asked a couple of questions that she was curious about Sinb and some funny phrases that she thought would make the idol laugh. She’s been doing this for a while that Sinb actually looks forward to it and always looks happy to answer. 

 

Due to her lack of awareness towards her surroundings, Yerin was the last in line this time but that was fine with her. She wasn’t eager to meet Sinb like that, she was just glad she got this opportunity even though she’s been doing this for a couple of months now. 

 

She looks up to Sinb who’s adorably greeting the fans who were in their turn to meet her, casually signing the photobook while listening to the fans talk to her and trying to respond back to the best of her abilities.

 

As the line gets shorter, Yerin’s poor fragile heart thumps harder. Sinb is literally right there, and yes while she’s not eager to meet her that way, she can’t help but get nervous because sometimes Sinb is just too pretty to handle. 

 

A couple more fans in front of her get their chance to spend a couple of minutes with the girl and soon enough.. It was her turn.

 

She steps on the stage and feels her hands get cold and clammy,  her knees getting a little weak and wobbly but she managed to arrive in front of Sinb without making a fuss. 

 

The idol had the biggest smile on her face, clearly pleased to see her favourite fan right in front of her. Yerin sat down in front of Sinb and lowered her mask so that Sinb could see her face properly. Sinb’s mouth opens slightly, a little surprised. Of all the fansignings Yerin had attended, the idol has only seen Yerin’s face once. She couldn’t help but be taken aback by Yerin’s pretty and doll like features. 

 

Sinb shakes her head to snap herself back into reality, a wide smile forming on her lips with eyes attentively looking back at Yerin’s. “How have you been, Yerin-ssi? I’m so glad to see you again”

 

The idol takes the photobook and flips through the pages, taking note of the many sticky notes Yerin had left for her to scribble on. 

 

“I’ve been okay, what about you Sinb-ssi?” Yerin manages to reply to her idol, she even maintained eye contact before Sinb placed her attention towards the photobook. 

 

Sinb looks up to her, “Ah, you know me--I was really tired while preparing for the comeback but it’s honestly worth it because I get to see you every time” Sinb replied back with the last few words slips through . Realising what she had said, she looks up to meet her eyes with Yerin again and the girl just has a surprised expression, probably not expecting for her idol to say that to her specifically. And if Yerin had heard that clearly, Sinb said “you” and not “my fans”. 

 

Yerin only sat mum and Sinb pursed her lips, gazing away from the girl and tried to focus on the photobook now. The first sticky note had a question that made her laugh, immediately shoving away the ridiculous embarrassed feeling she had inside her chest, she scribbled a ridiculous answer and put in brackets for the actual answer. A soft giggle left Yerin’s lips while watching Sinb answer her questions. Without looking up, Sinb’s lips  curved upwards into a small shy smile after hearing Yerin’s adorable giggle.

 

“Sinb-ssi, I have something really important to tell you..” Yerin says in almost a whisper. The idol caught every word and paused whatever she was scribbling and gave Yerin all of her attention. She notices Yerin’s cheeks getting redder, along with her ears and her eyes are everywhere except looking into hers. 

 

Sinb only nodded for her to continue, eager to know what was so important that Yerin was this flustered and red about. Yerin took a deep breath.

 

“You… look really pretty today… I mean--you look pretty everyday, it’s just today--the new outfits and all.. Um, I just wanted you to know that I mean it and it’s true” 

 

For some reason, Yerin’s heart was pounding. It’s bizarre, though every fan felt this way, right? Why does this feel so different?

 

The idol was caught off guard, her cheeks becoming flushed and her eyes unsure where to look at. Sinb shook her head, it’s just a compliment, why is my heart going crazy?

 

“Ah.. thank you Yerin-ssi…” she expressed her gratitude as best she could. “I’ve been told that the whole day today by many people, but if I’m going to be honest, I’ve only believed it now, so thank you.” Sinb looked up to meet Yerin’s soft gazing dark brown eyes, it made her stomach leap twice fold. She feels her hands get chilly so she gives Yerin a small smile and gets back to her photobook. 

 

“You always ask me questions, what if I asked you a question this time, Yerin-ssi?” Sinb said all of a sudden with her eyes still on the photobook, fingers busy.

 

“Okay” Yerin replied after a couple of seconds, not wanting to trouble Sinb by staying silent and making her look up from what she’s doing.

 

But even so, Sinb looks up anyway, pausing her signing and staring into Yerin’s eyes. The girl can tell that her idol was contemplating as she squinted her eyes in front of her, she knew her body language pretty well. After all, she’s been watching the girl through her cameras for a few months now. 

 

So Yerin nodded, reassuring Sinb that it’s okay to ask whatever she was curious about. Sinb pursed her lips into a thin line, her eyebrows that were knitted slowly relaxed as her expressions tried to do the same. 

 

“Are you seeing anyone?”