Idol [1/8]

SINRIN ONE SHOTS

To any other person, celebrities are merely only entertainment and a distraction from reality. They were important people, yes, because their success is respectable enough to netizens that they are deemed important. 

 

To Jung Yerin, celebrities are another level of success compared to any other profession. Sure, doctors and firefighters save lives, policemen stop crimes and teachers educate the young, and this is with no disrespect towards them because Yerin is well aware that they are needed people in this world, but if she had to pick which one she wanted to be, it would definitely be a celebrity and more specifically, an idol. 

 

Though, with an average life lived by her it was understandably impossible for her to achieve that dream of hers. She loved the concept of having fans dedicated to her only, giving you their undivided attention 24/7. Making music and dancing on stage while fans cheer for her so loudly. She felt like that was what she needed to be. 

 

But here she was doing the closest thing she could possibly ever think of instead of being an idol-- a fansite dedicated to an idol

 

There was obviously no correlation whatsoever, nobody was giving her any attention, nobody was cheering for her persay (except for the fandom when she posts her fancams) and she wasn’t making music or dancing on stage. And that was perfect.

 

See, Yerin knew she could never handle the life of being an idol. She knew the hours she had to put into it, the blood, sweat and tears that were involved. She knew everything there is to know about being an idol and that’s why she can’t proceed. 

 

Being a dedicated fansite, though? That was right up her alley.

 

This was the closest possible way of living the idol life without actually having to be an idol. It’s less effort, but at the same time it’s almost the same. You had to wake up the same hours to attend shows early and get good seats, carrying cameras with those big telephoto lenses probably needs the same stamina to dance and sing on stage, and most importantly, you get to see the idol up close and personal either through your lens and even face to face. Getting an insight to what their life is like without actually living it, but maybe Yerin just thought too much about this and really it’s not that serious.

 

So, her idol of choice? Hwang Eunbi or also known as her stage name, Sinb. The soloist of the generation.

 

The idol with the killer dance skills, voice sweet like honey and that smile that made Yerin’s heart throb for whatever reason. She knew she had to become a fansite to someone like Sinb, she was perfect in every aspect. Yerin loved every song Sinb has performed, even her b-sides, she would even cuss out the company for sometimes putting a really good what could’ve been title track into a b-side. 

 

Besides the obvious reasons, Yerin felt it in every vein of her body that she had to dedicate herself to Sinb no matter what. It sounds crazy, dedicating your entire life to someone who doesn’t even know you exist, but that’s the thing, Sinb knew Yerin existed.

 

Because every time Sinb had a comeback, Yerin would without fail attend her fan signings and after some time, the idol  began recognising her through the crowds of fans and even started giving her camera some attention with small winks and finger hearts here and there. Soon enough, Yerin became one of the most successful fansites in her own fandom and even to other fandoms due to their supportiveness towards Sinb.

 

If this wasn’t the life to live, then what was it, Yerin thought? 

 

She wasn’t obsessed with popularity or anything of that sort, she just enjoyed the feeling she gets every time she attended Sinb’s concerts, listening and enjoying the idol’s voice live and watch her dance her way through the stage, or the few times Sinb would look her way while performing her hit songs, winking subtly only for Yerin to notice because she knows Yerin always has her eyes on her the whole performance.

 

Yerin didn’t put Sinb on a pedestal. She was a fan and she was the idol. Two different worlds but without each other none of them would work out. Yerin knows when to respect Sinb and when to see Sinb as human, apparently not many fansites are aware of that though.

 

Yerin never flashes and bombards Sinb with her camera, never did she ever make Sinb uncomfortable by shoving her camera in Sinb’s face like some fansites do. She always made sure to keep her distance with Sinb but still knew how to capture Sinb at the most beautiful angles. And for some reason, Sinb always looked her way too. Yet again giving her camera the most attention out of all the fansites she has (which were many, by the way).

 

A notification rang through Yerin’s phone. The screen lights up, it’s exactly 12:00 AM KST. 

 

Sinb’s having a comeback in exactly 2 weeks from now.