Laundry Shop

SINRIN ONE SHOTS

Laundry. Some people do it on their own at home, some people go to nearby laundry shops. For Sinb, it's the second one.  

When she moved in into her new apartment right after moving out from her parents, nobody told her that she had to wash her own dirty clothes. She usually had her clothes all washed and folded nicely magically appear in her closet, but that was at her parent's. 

It was a hassle, to collect the clothes, put them in a bag, going down her apartment that was placed at the 13th floor, walking to her nearby laundry shop. All of that work just to get her clothes to smell nice and clean.  

But now she's right in front of the shop, dumfounded.  

She sighed out loud. She didn't care if anyone looked at her weirdly, quite frankly they can think whatever they wanted. Because right now she had all these dirty clothes that needed to be cleaned. Sinb is dumbfounded, still. 

She looked around and saw a couple of people doing their own thing. Some were on their phones, some had just arrived and immediately worked out the complicated machine to get their clothes washed, but one girl seemed to catch Sinb's attention because she's squatting at eye level with the window of the washing machine, staring mindlessly at the on-going loop of clothes under soaped water. 

Sinb took note of the stranger girl's stunning side profile, her high but also cute nose, her somewhat pouty pink lips, her long eyelashes that Sinb doesn't want to believe to be real but probably is.  

Long story short, Sinb thought that she's cute. Just cute, nothing more.  

She snapped out of her thoughts and her eyes averted down to her 2 bags of dirty laundry. She lazy carried them to the nearest available washing machine and stared at it intensely. Maybe if she started at it long enough, maybe it'll do something.  

"You know, that washing machine isn't gonna spin itself" A voice spoke, a girl, to be specific. Sinb looked to her right and was met with one of the beautiful pairs of eyes she's laid on, and she's not even exaggerating. It's also the same girl who had that gorgeous side profile.  

"Oh..." was all Sinb could say. "I... don't really know how to do this..." She continued, voice almost coming out as a whisper. One because she's a little embarrassed because she's a 21 year old who doesn’t know how to work a washing machine and two, this girl is also one of the most beautiful people she's ever met. And she's also is very cute, just cute, nothing more. 

The beautiful stranger chuckled, giggled? Whatever she did, Sinb wanted to hear more of it because it's the most beautiful sound she's ever heard. Blood rushed to Sinb's cheeks tinting them to a light shade of pink. 

The girl walked over to Sinb and took a bag of dirty clothes from one of her hands, then proceeded to show Sinb how to open the lid, then dumping Sinb's clothes into it, closed the lid and took a few coins out of her front pocket and slid them into the coin slot, pressed a button and voila, suddenly the washing machine was... washing her clothes? 

The girl moved beside Sinb with a bright smile that moved her cheeks upwards and made her eyes into crescents, her eyes smile too, Sinb thought. Sinb also thought that her smile(s) are too cute for her own good. Then the girl squatted down beside Sinb and hugged her legs, she looked up with eyes inviting Sinb to do the same. And so Sinb did. 

"I like watching the clothes spinning around in there." The stranger girl spoke, eyes glued to the washing machine window. "Is that weird? I don't know, it's fun to watch. It's mesmerizing, almost."  

"Sometimes I lay down on the floor and stare at the ceiling, I could do that for hours, so I guess you're not that weird" Sinb replied doing the same as the girl, watching the clothes spin under water through the round window. But little did she know that the girl was actually watching her now.  

"What's your name, you're really pretty, you know that?"  

The sudden questions hit Sinb like a hard breeze of wind, startling, but it feels nice in a way. She couldn't help but smile a little at the comment. 

"My name is Eunbi but people call me Sinb, you're really pretty too, too pretty actually" Sinb answered. "What about you, what's your name?"  

"Yerin, and you know what they always say when two extremely pretty people meet" 

"What?" 

"They should date" 

Sinb turned her head to the right and was met yet again by those beautiful pair of eyes. She studied Yerin's face, shamelessly roaming her eyes from the latter's eyes, down to her cute nose, and lastly her plump pink lips. Sinb thought that this front view of Yerin's face is definitely better than the side, but Yerin's side view is still legendary own its own. Her eyes averted back to Yerin's daring gaze that sent shivers to her spine.  

"Should we date, then?" Sinb asked. Yerin pursed her lips into a smile before speaking, trying to suppress the bubbly feeling going on inside her stomach. 

"Maybe we should"