Idol [4/8]

SINRIN ONE SHOTS

“Are you seeing anyone?”

 

The words rang into Yerin’s eardrums. Did she hear this right? 

 

Taken aback, Yerin only sat there in disbelief. What did Sinb mean by that? Why was she asking this in the first place? And did Sinb actually just ask her that?

 

“Do you mean if I’m here with anyone else?” Yerin questioned, her intentions pure and naive, “because if so… no. I always come to your fansigns alone..” she trailed off.

 

“No Yerin-ssi, I’m asking if you’re seeing anyone romantically?” Sinb pressed on the question. 

 

A soft “Um..” came out of Yerin, not sure what she should answer. She’s not really seeing anyone at the moment, nobody really interests her anyway boy or girl for that matter. All of her attention is on Sinb, anyway. 

 

Sinb only patiently waited for an answer, moving back her attention towards the photobook and answering the questions on the sticky notes. She didn’t want to pressure Yerin into answering too. 

 

“No, I am not. I don’t really date…” 

 

Yerin noticed her idol stopped moving her pen after she spoke but only for a quick second before continuing. Her heart pounding and this time she’s not sure if it’s because of anxiety or because of Sinb’s question. 

 

Sinb only hummed as a reply with a small smile appearing on her lips that didn’t go unnoticed by Yerin. She continued signing the rest of the photobook and there was a blank sticky note plastered at the top of one of the pages. Her eyebrows shot up in curiosity as to why it was blank. The idol looked up and made a questioning face towards Yerin.

 

“Omo, I’m sorry I think I forgot what I wanted to write there so I left it blank and wanted to get back to it later. I must’ve forgotten about it all together!” Yerin cried, a little panicked that she might’ve offended Sinb in any way.

 

“It’s okay Yerin-ssi, I’ll just write whatever I want here if that’s okay? I don’t get to do this often, not answering a question and just writing what I’m thinking.” 

 

Yerin nodded furiously with her hands gesturing towards the photobook indirectly saying “go ahead” , still feeling a little bad about it. Sinb continued to write something quickly before moving on to the next page. 

 

The girl couldn’t catch what Sinb wrote so she just kept in mind to look at it after the fansigning was finished.

 

Yerin took this time to fully take in the idol who’s in front of her. Seeing her through her lens is one thing, but face to face like this? It’s almost unreal. Sinb was perfect from head to toe, no matter what she’s wearing or doing. Comfortable silence falls between them with the background of other fans chit chatting and the clicks of camera drowning behind. Their hearts are both thumping hard but it’s not as nerve wracking as it was a couple of minutes ago.

 

Sinb was almost done with signing Yerin’s photobook when she called her manager to come over. He leaned towards Sinb as she wanted to whisper, his facial expressions were hard to read by the other girl, he only nodded and listened, looking towards Yerin the whole time.

 

After the manager left, Sinb signed a couple more pages of the photobook and lastly the album cover and capped her marker. Her hands a little shaky and still chilly from before. She pushed the photobook and album back to Yerin with a big smile. 

 

“Thank you for coming to meet me this time too, Yerin-ssi. I hope we can continue to meet, maybe under other circumstances too” Sinb said, her voice lower as she said the last few words. Yerin caught all of them, but wasn’t sure what the idol meant by that either. 

 

Even so, her lips curve upwards towards Sinb’s words. “Of course” she simply replied. 

 

They said their goodbyes with Yerin bowing her head towards Sinb and the idol doing the same, shy smiles present on their faces with cheeks faintly flushed red. Yerin quickly scurried away with small but fast steps to get off stage as quickly as possible, it made the idol giggle.

 

Once Yerin was back at her seat, she pressed the record button on her camera to stop the recording and switched it back to camera mode. She put the signed photobook and album back into her bag and tried to calm herself down from all the nerves she was feeling. Her hands were shaking like crazy and her legs were more weak compared to before. She even tried to physically shake off the nerves herself by doing small up and down jumps, but of course, nothing much worked. 

 

Her cold hands reached towards her phone in her pocket and informed her twitter followers that she just got done with her fansigning with Sinb. She always wants to update other fans on what’s going on currently since she is an active fansite. Her twitter was almost like a fan account too since she tweets about other things about Sinb and not just her pictures. 

 

Once she sent the tweet, her nerves seemed to be finally calming down so she took a few deep breaths to steadily get herself back into the zone of photographing Sinb. It’s now the fourth row of seats’ turn to meet Sinb, the second last line of fans. This went by quickly, the girl thought.

 

The rest of the fansign went on the same, she photographed Sinb doing cute and funny things and switched back and forth between video and photo mode on her camera. It’s nothing new to Yerin, but this time the only difference is that her heart couldn’t stop thumping. At this point, she thinks she’s getting a panic attack but she knows that’s not the case because she feels fine, just a bit flustered with a heavy heart. 

 

Before you know it, it came to the last segment of the fansigning and it was time for Sinb to perform her comeback song. The fans whoo-ed cheering their favourite idol and Yerin participated in that, excited to see the performance before her. She quickly switches to another lens and sets up her camera on her tripod again, making sure to get all of the stage so that the viewers will be able to see Sinb from a good angle without anything being cut off.

 

Sinb quickly came back on stage with her backup dancers and fans cheered yet again for her. She couldn’t help but giggle and laugh because of it.

 

Yerin pressed the record button on her camera and readjusted her camera to make Sinb in the center of the frame. And after a few seconds the new song played and Sinb’s expression immediately changed as she started singing the words and moving her body to the beat.

 

Yerin was completely mesmerized, she’s seen Sinb perform live a million times at this point, and she can watch her one million times more, but she will never get tired of how Sinb works her way through the stage. 

--

[NEXT CHAPTER PREVIEW]

Yerin slumped into her sofa, clearly exhausted from the eventful day she just had. She still has her light makeup on and badly needs a shower but first, she wants to check her twitter and update her followers on what’s going on, of course. She immediately took out her phone and tapped on the blue bird icon. 

 

“Hi everyone, I just got home. Today was such a fun day and Sinb was so lovely and nice as always! I recorded her performance today, too, and that will be released soon. I hope you guys had a fun day today as well, let’s all just relax and enjoy Sinb’s comeback, shall we?” 

 

She tapped the blue tweet button and sent it to her followers, immediately getting replies and retweets. She reads through a couple and responds to some questions that caught her interest before remembering her photobook. 

 

She takes it out from her bag and flips through the pages to find the page where it had the blank sticky note.