Idol [5/8]

SINRIN ONE SHOTS

hi everyone! im so happy that a lot of u are enjoying this one shot. i just wanted to ask if any of u would be interested if this was turned into a full story? this was supposed to be a short one shot but ideas kept coming in while im writing it so that's why there's so many parts to this.

please let me know what you guys think! thank you so much for the support <3 i love you all, stay safe and enjoy this chapter :)


Yerin slumped into her sofa, clearly exhausted from the eventful day she just had. She still has her light makeup on and badly needs a shower but first, she wants to check her twitter and update her followers on what’s going on, of course. She immediately took out her phone and tapped on the blue bird icon. 

 

“Hi everyone, I just got home. Today was such a fun day and Sinb was so lovely and nice as always! I recorded her performance today, too, and that will be released soon. I hope you guys had a fun day today as well, let’s all just relax and enjoy Sinb’s comeback, shall we?” 

 

She tapped the blue tweet button and sent it to her followers, immediately getting replies and retweets. She reads through a couple and responds to some questions that caught her interest before remembering her photobook. 

 

She takes it out from her bag and flips through the pages to find the page where it had the blank sticky note. 

 

“82 175 5566 121, please text this number tonight, yerin-ssi”

 

Yerin’s eyes widened at what was displayed in front of her. Who’s number was this? No… it can’t be? It can’t be Sinb’s?

 

She grabbed her phone and dialed the number carefully, making sure every number was correct and saved the contact as “Sinb (?)”.

 

Shaking her head, she put her phone down and decided to finally take a shower, maybe that’ll clear her mind before texting the number. Should she even be doing that? It seems a bit sketchy, too. 

 

She really doesn’t know what to think anymore. It’s been a long day, anyway.

 

***

 

After showering Yerin decided to have some dinner, she made the instant tteokbokki that she had stocked up in her cupboard for tiring nights like these. It was delicious though Yerin’s poor stomach was still begging for an actual meal.

 

She sat back at her sofa with the photobook still there. A sigh left her. She’s still having doubts on whether to text the number or not, what if it’s a scam? But Sinb wouldn’t do that to her, would she?

 

She took out her phone and opened Kakaotalk, typing “Sinb” into the search bar and tapping on the name, the chat opened. She begins typing…

 

YR: Hello…?

 

Yerin couldn’t help but feel her heart going crazy. It’s like she’s texting her crush for the first time, but she’s never had a crush so she doesn’t really know what that would feel like.

 

She exited out of Kakaotalk and sat her phone down. She felt thirsty all of a sudden so she went to her kitchen and grabbed a cup wanting to fill it with water, and that’s when a “TING!” rang from her phone. She gulped down the not even half filled cup and left it on the counter, sprinting her way to her phone. 

 

Sinb(?): Is this Yerin-ssi?

 

Yerin took a second to think about her answer. 

 

YR: Can I know who I’m talking to?

 

Sinb(?): I have an idea, I knew this was pretty risky in the first place

 

Sinb(?): Let’s video call

 

And before you know it, a facetime call appears on Yerin’s screen from Sinb(?)

 

She looked at herself through her front camera and adjusted her still a little wet hair, cussed at herself for not having any makeup on. 

 

Tapping the green ‘accept’ call button, the connection was established. 

 

She tilted her phone so the other person, whoever they were, could only see her eyes and forehead. 

 

The other screen was dark, possible because they had their back camera and they sat it down somewhere, at least that’s what Yerin had assumed. 

 

At this point, Yerin’s front camera was pointed up the ceiling of her apartment because she’s scared of what’s going to happen. It’s been a good minute and both of them are silent. 

 

“Yerin-ssi…?” a familiar voice called out her name, it sounded a little different, though, so Yerin didn’t assume much. 

 

“Who are you?” Yerin questioned. 

“Um… it’s me, Yerin-ssi. It’s Sinb. Hello.” 

 

“How can I be so sure? Technology is pretty advanced these days you know…?”

 

Then, the other person on the line flipped to their front camera. Only showing their eyes like Yerin did earlier.

 

And that’s when Yerin finally believed that it was indeed, her favourite idol, Hwang Eunbi. 

 

Yerin knew all too well how Sinb’s eyes looked like, almost similar to a cat's, long eyelashes with dark orbs that always looked like they were searching for something. And her cute eyebrows, though not fully filled right now.

 

The girl wasn’t sure what to do, and the last thing she wanted was for Sinb to regret her decision of giving Yerin her number. 

 

“Let me get my airpods for a second, is that okay?” Yerin asked, camera still angled to her ceiling apartment. 

 

“Okay” 

 

Yerin placed her phone down on the coffee table, next to the photobook that has been sitting there for a few hours now. She quickly grabbed her bag and fished out her airpods pro, immediately opening them and putting them into her ears. She thanked whichever god that they had a full charge. 

 

“Hello? Can you hear me?” Yerin said once she’s settled down. Picking up her phone and walking towards her balcony.

 

“Yes I can” Sinb only replied from the other line. 

 

Yerin sat down by the end of her balcony which she had decorated with a table and chair since she likes to study and read outside sometimes. She sets up her phone so that it’s upwards and now Sinb can fully see Yerin’s face through her screen. 

 

The girl brought up one of her legs up to her chin, hugging it tight. “Hello, Sinb-ssi.”

 

Never in a million years would Yerin think she’d be sitting on her balcony, in the middle of Seoul where she lived, facetiming one of the biggest soloist in South Korea right now, which also happens to be her favourite idol. But here she is, doing just that. She’s really not sure how she’s acting so calm right now, though her heart is beating too fast that it might as well jump out of her chest, her mind going through thoughts miles per minute. 

 

Yerin glanced over the time at the top of her phone, it’s 9:45 PM. 

 

“Hello, Yerin-ssi. How are you?” 

 

It’s almost been 15 minutes into the call, and all they’ve said is Hello.

 

Yerin still couldn’t believe what she’s hearing through her airpods right now, Sinb’s voice all soft but still deep and husky at the same time. She can tell that she’s exhausted from all the singing and dancing she did today.

 

“I’ve been okay, just tired… But I can only imagine how tired you must be” 

 

“Don’t mind my voice, it’s always like this by the end of the day. Have you eaten?” Sinb replied as if she could read Yerin’s mind. 

 

“Just some instant tteokbokki, probably why I feel so tired. Haven’t had a full meal yet today. Did you have dinner, Sinb-ssi?” Yerin let out a breath she didn’t know she had held in softly as her eyes diverted to her surroundings, trying to calm her heart and anxiety from everything that’s happened. 

 

“I did, just some rice and side dishes, nothing special but it filled up my tummy so....”

 

“That’s good, you need all the energy you can get to perform” 

 

Yerin heard an audible sigh from the other line. 

 

“Is something the matter?” Yerin immediately asked. 

 

“No not at all, I just can’t believe you actually texted and picked up this video call…” Sinb replied, her voice felt heavy. 

 

“Ah… I’m not sure why I did either, but I figured I saw you wrote your number right in front of my own eyes so…”

 

Then, Sinb finally moved her camera back further from her face. Yerin stared at her screen, it is actually her. Hwang Eunbi, bare faced with her hair still a little wet just like Yerin’s. She looked just as pretty to Yerin.

 

“Are you not freaked out?” asked Sinb, Yerin saw her lips move this time. She was in awe. 

 

“A little, but I don’t want to scare you away” Yerin whispered a little.

 

“You won’t, I gave you my number because I trust you.”

 

“How can you trust me so easily?”

 

“Just my gut feeling...”

 

“Ah…” was all Yerin managed to say. A small smile formed on her lips. She knew Sinb was the type to always trust her instincts, but she never imagined this would be one of them. 

 

“How did the photos and videos turn out today?” Sinb asks. 

 

“I haven’t reviewed them yet, but I think they turned out pretty okay. I actually just bought a new camera and a few new lenses so overall the quality should be better…” Yerin started to trail off, her eyes gazing again around her surroundings instead of at her screen, a habit she has while talking about something. 

 

She then goes on to talk about how she can’t wait to see how they turned out and when she’s going to post them on twitter and that’s when she realises that she’s actually being nerdy and rambling to her idol. 

 

Her eyes averted back to her screen and Sinb can be seen just admiring the girl from the other side. The idol’s eyes soft and pure, genuinely enjoying and listening to every word Yerin had to say. When Yerin stopped talking, she raised her eyebrows in question.

“Go on?” 

 

“I’m sorry, sometimes when I talk I tend to just trail off into things and jump from topic to topic..”

 

Sinb’s smile grew. “I don’t mind. If anything, it’s fun to hear you talk about these things. I’ve always been curious about it anyway,” Sinb reassured before continuing, “plus, I see what you post on Twitter, it’s honestly such an honor to be photographed by you. You’re really talented, Yerin-ssi”

 

“I’m nothing compared to you, I should be the one who’s honored to even be speaking to you this way right now...” 

 

“Just be yourself, though I’m also surprised how talkative you actually are, but I guess that’s a given since you’re at home and comfortable”

 

Yerin nodded, “Ah… well being surrounded by other fans with their eyes on us the whole time while trying to have a conversation is quite nerve wrecking, I really don’t know how you do that on a daily basis…”

 

“You just get used to it I suppose…” Sinb said softly, her attention solely focused on Yerin. She wasn’t sure why, but her heart’s going crazy again. Her tummy filled with heavy butterflies, as if her gut is trying to tell her to give all of her to Yerin. This is crazy.

 

A soft smile formed on Yerin’s lips. “I admire you a lot Sinb-ssi”

 

“Please, you can call me Eunbi if that makes you anymore comfortable, and thank you, Yerin-ssi.” I admire you a lot too, Yerin-ssi. More than you’d think.

 

The idol can feel her cheeks get hotter, flushing itself red. 

 

“Okay, Eunbi-ssi.” Yerin obliged, her words came out soft and full of admiration. At this rate, she’s not entirely sure if whatever she’s feeling right is because she’s talking to an idol, 

 

or because she’s just talking to Eunbi, as just Eunbi.