GF: Chapter 2

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

Two weeks into their relationship, Jungyeon started to get use to call Nayeon with Unnie and being not as awkward as before. They even started chatting regularly on the mobile app, constantly checking on each other, or just even to greet. She was also getting use to take Nayeon’s hand first to hold, though she was still shy to do other things.

But the most important thing is, she had gotten use to the presence of Nayeon beside her and began to miss the girl when she was not around. That could only be mean one thing.

That afternoon was one of the particular afternoons where Jungyeon had to spend her time for practice with the marathon team, and being a loyal girlfriend, Nayeon was there, sitting on the spectators’ bench and gave her full attention on her girlfriend. The couple made an eye contact that instantly made the taller girl grinned. Nayeon gestured ‘Hwaiting’ to cheer her girlfriend up.

“Getting energized, aren’t we Jungyeon-ah?” Minatozaki Sana, Jungyeon’s best friend on the marathon track.

“What are you talking about?”

“Practice while being watched by the gorgeous girlfriend?” Sana pointed Nayeon with her head.

Jungyeon followed the line of sight and caught Nayeon was staring at her again. She grinned at her girlfriend before answering Sana, “Aren’t you jealous of what I have?”

“Nope.” Sana chuckled. “What she finds in you anyway?”

“You know, I never really talked about that with her. I mean I did asked her why she wanted me to be her girlfriend, but she was just saying that she likes me.”

Meanwhile on the other side, Nayeon was intensely looking at her girlfriend who was apparently busy talking to another Japanese she recalled named Sana. The one who was attractive and close enough to snatch Jungyeon away. She had seen this Sana girl on a kissing impromptu and her sole target was her girlfriend.

It was actually one of the reasons why she forced Jungyeon to be her girlfriend.

Her jealousy issues.

She couldn’t stand to see a little bit Sana or other fangirls in the campus on Jungyeon’s side, because let’s face it, her girlfriend was the girl crush. The funny thing was, Jungyeon was not even aware that she was the current ultimate heartthrob for the girls. The junior thought that the others were just being super friendly and super nice to her so she treated the other as super nice and super friendly too.

And that drove Nayeon’s jealousy even further. She wanted Jungyeon to be hers only. Solely and exclusively hers.

The older girl saw Sana gesturing her head towards her and not for long, her girlfriend foolishly grinned at her. She saw the cute grin and unconsciously drew her eye-smile back towards her girlfriend. But the moment was interrupted when numbers of girls took seats not far from where Nayeon was seated and started to talk about how hot her girlfriend was.

Jungyeon is mine!

“Jungyeon-ah! Hwaiting!” One of the girls shouted and she saw Jungyeon’s reaction and then back to the girl. The girl was currently shy-ed over the little air punch her girlfriend just did.

The f- is that b-! Doesn’t she know that Jungyeon is taken and her girlfriend is… hello… right here. Nayeon decided to walk to Jungyeon when she heard more talks about wanting the tall girl. She tapped her girlfriend’s shoulder once she arrived at the track.

“Unnie! You scared me.”

Nayeon grinned, her hand moved to fix Jungyeon’s bangs. “Practice well, I’ll wait for you in the cafeteria, okay?”

“You’re not going to watch me run?”

“It’s kinda hot and my head is a bit dizzy from the heat.— ” Jungyeon quickly shielded her girlfriend’s head from the sun ray with her hand. “—Besides, I can always watch you run next week.” The gesture made Nayeon’s heart fluttered. She showed her eye-smile. “Just practice well and be careful, okay?”

Jungyeon nodded. “Are you okay though?”

“I’ll be fine.” The older girl tiptoed to kiss the taller one’s cheek and left a lipstick mark on it. “Hwaiting!” She whispered.

Jungyeon shyly smiled and accompanied her girlfriend walked up to the exit. Little thing she knew, Nayeon checked on her group of fan girls and satisfied with their reaction.

~~~

Nayeon automatically smiled when she saw a freshly showered Jungyeon did a little jog to her seat in the cafeteria. “You showered?”

Jungyeon nodded. “How’s your head? Still dizzy?” She put a hand on Nayeon’s head to check the temperature.

Nayeon took the hand and intertwined it. “I’m okay.” She smiled. “I bought you milk. Choco milk. Here.”

“Whoa… Thank you, Unnie.” Jungyeon quickly slurped the said milk and grinned like a kid.

“My lipstick mark is gone.” Nayeon commented after checking Jungyeon’s cheeks. She threw her arms around the latter’s neck.

“What are you doing?”

“Marking you.”

“I’ve just showereeeeeeed. Can you do it next time, Unnieeee??” The younger one protested with aegyo much to the older surprise.

“I don’t know you can do aegyo.”

“It may come handy at times like this. So?”

“Okay. I’ll mark you next time.”

“So…” Jungyeon looked at her girlfriend. “What do you want to do?”

“Up to you.”

“Hmm…” Jungyeon looked at her watch. “You haven’t eat, have you Unnie?”

The older girl shook her head. “But I don’t want to eat a big meal. Cake or bread would do.”

“Alright.” Jungyeon stood up. “I know a great bakery nearby.” She re-secured their handhold, taking her girlfriend’s belongings, and finally went to the bakery.

~~~