Mother: Chapter 7

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

 

Fair warning: DRAMAAAAAA!


“Happy birthday, Jiiiiiihyooooooo~”

Jihyo laughed and clapped her hands as she heard the birthday song sang by her own fanbase. Her parents, especially her Appa, threw the biggest birthday fan meeting for her.

“Say thank you, Jihyo-yah.” Jungyeon said to her daughter.

The little princess grinned before cutely bowing to the crowd and earned so many ‘aaww’ replies.

“What’s your name?” Jihyo’s Umma asked, wanting to show newfound talent her daughter had.

“Hyo!”

Her parents giggled.

“Let’s blow the candle!” Jungyeon’s manager went in with large cake decorated with only one candle on top of it, symbolizing Jihyo’s age.

Jungyeon and Nayeon helped their baby blew the candle while Jihyo herself grabbing a handful of cake’s icing and put it in before spreading it on her Appa’s face. “Yoo Jihyoooooo…” The tall woman whined.

~~~

Nayeon ed her jeans once she sat on the passenger seat.

“What are you doing undressing in the parking lot, Umma?”

“I can’t breathe. My pants are getting smaller.”

“It’s not the pants—“

“You’re saying that I’m getting fat?!”

“What? No. Little Bunny is growing in there, she’s the one who’s getting bigger. Not you.” Jungyeon rubbed her wife’s baby bump and then looked at her knocked out daughter on the back. “Jihyo’s K.O.”

“Even after those sweets she ate.” Nayeon reached for the blanket and fix its position so her daughter would sleep more comfy. “She’s one year old already. I’m sad.”

“Why?”

“Time passes so fast. I don’t want her to grow up.”

~~~

Jihyo and Jungyeon laughed after they played a round of rolling around in the living room. Both were lying on the carpet catching their breath. “Happy, Jihyo-yah?”

“Again!”

“Again?” The mother tickled her daughter and earned loud squeals. She then held the girl in her arms. “Let’s get you breakfast first.”

“Umma?” The little girl pointed her mother’s bedroom door.

“Ah yes, let’s get Umma first then breakfast then play!” The tall woman opened her bedroom door and found her wife lying on the bed, back facing the door.

Jihyo struggled, wanting to run to her sleeping mother. “Ummaaaaaaaaa~” She said while dashing to her Umma. “Umma?”

“What’s wrong, baby girl?” Jungyeon asked once she saw Jihyo’s confused face. She walked closer to the bed and heard faint sobbing coming from her wife. “Umma? What’s wrong? What happened? Did something hurt?” She said while rubbing her wife’s back.

Nayeon slowly sat up, tears were still flowing down on her cheeks. She showed her wedding ring to her wife and daughter. “This can’t fit on my finger anymoreeeee…” She cried. “I’m fat.”

“Aww Bunnyyyy… You’re not fat. It will fit you once this little bunny come out.” Jungyeon held her wife. She was about to kiss her wife when small hand covered her lips.

“NO! Umma!”

“Okay okay, I know.”

~~~

“NO!” Jihyo abruptly stopped her Appa who was about to kiss her Umma.

“Whyyy?” Jungyeon protested.

“No! Hyo Umma!” The little girl over protectively hugged her mother as if saying that she wouldn’t share Nayeon with Jungyeon.

The mother only laughed and patted her daughter’s head. “Kiss Umma?” She puckered her lips.

“Mwah!”

“Can Umma kiss Appa?” Nayeon asked.

The little princess shook her head. “No!”

“Umma kiss Jihyo?”

“Yesh~”

“Appa kiss Jihyo?” Jungyeon’s turn to ask her chatty daughter.

“Yesh~”

“Appa kiss Umma, yes?”

“No~”

Jungyeon chuckled and took Jihyo from Nayeon. “Who taught you to be like this, huh?” She playfully smooched her daughter’s chubby cheeks and earned loud giggles. The handsome woman put her baby down on the carpeted floor, so the little girl could resume playing with her toys. She then went back to cuddle her wife as they watched their daughter and the TV.

Nayeon intertwined their fingers and laid her head on her most favorite spot in the universe, her wife’s shoulder. “Appa…” She called.

“Hmm?”

“What should we name the little bunny?” The pregnant mother asked while rubbing her baby bump with her free hand.

“Bunny?”

“Wh-No!” The older woman playfully slapped her wife’s thigh.

“Dubu? Since your love for tofu has been increasing greatly?”

“Absolutely no! But it could be a cute nickname though. But then again, you can’t have two bunnies at a time right?”

“Bunny is especially reserved for you.” Jungyeon took a peek at her daughter before planting a kiss on her wife.

“That’s cute.” The longhaired woman commented.

“What?”

“You’re sneaking around to kiss me.”

“Can’t help it when someone is being too overprotective over you.”

“But can I have another one?”

Jungyeon leaned in and ready to kiss her wife.

“No! Hyo Umma!” Jihyo protested and ran to ‘save’ her mother.

“Jeez. Okay, she’s yours.”

~~~

“Honey wake up. Manager Oppa’s gonna be here soon.” Nayeon said as she opened the curtains in their bedroom. “Honey…” She looked at her wife who was still under the crumply blanket. She then took a seat near her wife and her hair. “Hey, wake up, sleepyhead.”

Sensing the gentle caresses, Jungyeon moved her head to lay on top of her wife’s thigh and nuzzled her face on the big baby bump. “I’m dizzy.”

“You’re a bit warm too.”

“Can I just stay in bed with you today? I’m not in the mood for my activity.”

“Not sure with the stay in bed with me all day, remember that we have a little cop that ready to bust you anytime you’re near me?”

Jungyeon chuckled and kissed her wife’s bulging stomach. “Can you please be an angel and tell Manager Oppa that I’m not feeling well?”

“Noted. What do you want for breakfast?”

“Can I just sleep in for another hour?”

“Sleep then. I’ll call Manager Oppa and check on Jihyo.”

Jungyeon woke up the second time an hour later. She walked outside her bedroom and found Jihyo was playing while her wife was rearranging something in the living room. She went to her wife and back hugged her. “Hi y.”

“You’re awake. Are you feeling better?” Nayeon reached out to pat her wife’s cheek.

“Not really. But I’m hungry.”

“There’s something in the kitchen.”

“I just want to hug you.”

“UMMA!”

The tall mother snickered when she heard little steps approaching fast. “She’s coming, she’s coming.”

“Ummaaaaaaaaa!!!”

“No, I want to hug Umma.”

“UMMAAAAAA!!” Jihyo was now on her Appa’s pajama pants.

“No, she’s mine.” Jungyeon pretended to possessively hugged her wife.

“Hyo Ummaaaaa!”

“Appa stop before she cries.”

“One more, please one more.” Jungyeon stuck her tongue out at her daughter and hugged her wife a little tighter. “No, my Umma!”

Jihyo started to cry and hugged her pregnant mother’s leg.

Nayeon frowned and picked her baby up, holding her close. “Ow baby, it’s okay. I’m yours. Appa’s naughty, isn’t she?” She sent deadly glares to her wife for causing a small chaos in the lovely afternoon.

Jungyeon tried to hold her laughter and patted her daughter’s back. “Sorry.”

“NO!” Jihyo exclaimed, throwing her tantrum.

“O wow. Okay…” The Appa tried to kiss her baby again and then planted a quick kiss on her wife. “I’ll just get my breakfast.”

~~~

“Cut! That’s a wrap, thank you guys!”

“Jungyeon-ah!”

“Yes, PD-nim?”

“We’re going out for drinks to celebrate this. Come and join us, yes?”

“Ah yes, PD-nim.”

“Assa!”

A while later, Jungyeon waited near her car for the crew. She thought she’d just drive there and then directly went home after the drinks since she hadn’t talked to Nayeon about it and kinda bit afraid to ask permission too.

“Jungyeon Unnie!” Mina came running to her.

“Yeap?”

The younger actress came to a stop and repositioned her bag strap. “Everyone ditched me. Can I ride with you?”

“Uhh, your manager?”

“My manager is already at the venue. He was told to book the place.”

“I see. Alright then. Are you set?”

“Yep.”

“Buckle up then.”

~~~

“You went home pretty late last night.” Nayeon commented when she saw her messy wife coming out from their bedroom. She was in the kitchen, getting breakfast for herself.

“You noticed?” Jungyeon asked while yawning and scratching her head.

The wife nodded. “Yep. Where were you?”

The young actress grabbed a cup from the drawer and poured herself a freshly made coffee. “Had a few drinks with the director and the rest of the staffs.”

“I see.” Nayeon smiled and kissed her wife before walking to the living room to watch the TV. “Good morning to you, Appa.”

Jungyeon only smiled because her head was a bit aching. “Morning to you too.”

The pregnant woman leisurely scrolled through the channels before finally set down to an infotainment news program where apparently… “Yoo Jungyeon caught having a date night with her former sweetheart Myoui Mina last night. The two were reported to have just finished their drama shooting last night and went out after that.” The screen showed the picture where Mina got into the handsome actress’ car and were about to go to the bar.

“That is not true.” Jungyeon slowly commented, eyes fully on her wife. Because she was scared for her reaction. And because she was told that she just couldn’t argue or give a pregnant woman bad news unless she wished for a hell to come to her.

Nayeon did not respond to her wife but kept watching the news even turned up the volume. “… We’re wondering though, how Jungyeon’s wife reaction if she finds out?” The MC stated as if it was a funny joke before suddenly the screen went blank. “Yeah, how’s Jungyeon’s wife reacted to that?! Well???” Nayeon looked at Jungyeon, demanding for an explanation.

“Like I told you, I was out drinking with the director and the rest of the staffs. You can call Manager Oppa to confirm it. He was there.”

“Then why they have pictures of you and Mina?! ONLY MINA AND YOU?!” The older woman lost the control of her temper.

“Everyone was going with the studio’s bus and I drove my car because it was easier and faster if I wanted to go home rather that to have to wait for them and go back to the location and fetch the car and go home.”

“It does not explain WHY MINA WAS THERE, SITTING ON MY SEAT, TO YOUR SO CALLED STAFF GATHERING.”

Jungyeon put down her cup, massaging her aching head and took a deep calming breath before saying, “Because Mina got ditched from the bus and her manager was already at the venue and she asked me whether she could join the ride and I said yes. There. I’m sorry Are we cool?” She did not intended to be cold and raised her tone a bit, but her head was killing her.

“NO! I’m not cool with all of this!”

“First, you didn’t have a single empathy that I was home worried about you because you didn’t tell me about last night’s sudden party. You could’ve just texted me Oh my God, is that hard?! Second, you could’ve just told me that Mina is going with you! Third, I don’t like you raised your voice at me when you’re the one at faults!” Nayeon finished releasing her anger with tears threatening down from her eyes. She quickly escaped to their bedroom and closed the door loudly just right before her wife could chase her.

“Bunny I’m sorr— Sigh—Stupid Stupid Jungyeon.“


hello! bello!