GF: Chapter 6 (END)

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

After the break-up the two decided not to bother each other. Both are focusing on their work, Nayeon as a photographer slash new branch’s head while Jungyeon was becoming a drama actress. There were times where they checked each other’s being without knowing.

It was easy for Nayeon since her ex was pretty famous and her face was pretty much everywhere (and every channel). But Jungyeon was another case; she had become an FBI grade stalker if she missed her ex so bad. Truthfully both were still have the same feeling.

Not until the famous girl-crush met her old junior on a photoshoot. Myoui Mina, who was apparently also becoming a famous ballerina and model. The two reunited and hit things off very well. Partners at work quickly changed to restaurant hopping buddies then turned into new movies reviewer pals, and finally Jungyeon asked Mina to go out on an official date.

The boyish girl felt the hollow in her heart was finally fulfilled after those unofficial dates with Mina. For the first time in a few months, she didn’t feel alone. She did not feel the craves of human contacts because she has someone by her side at last.

Their relationship was boomed across South Korea because the two were the nation’s sweethearts. Both of their management agencies were quick in confirming that the new couple was indeed dating. The news gave the shock of someone’s life.

Im Nayeon’s life to be exact.

Because just in a few months after she ended her relationship with Jungyeon, the said girl had already found her replacement. Plus, it happened to be her “old enemy”. She wanted to let loose her anger on Jungyeon but she realized that she didn’t have any right to do so because she was nothing to begin with.

Since she couldn’t do anything, Nayeon swamped her days in her work, tried to blockade her eyes and ears from anything related to her ex. Until a year passed and she moved back to Seoul, the pretty photographer huffed when she saw Jungyeon’s face at the airport’s arrival hall. She didn’t know that she was still greatly affected by the younger girl.

Apparently moving back to Seoul was a big mistake for Nayeon. Instead of moving forward, she found moving on was a difficult thing to do. Not when she was haunted by Jungyeon’s presence every path she passed by. Her ex was practically in every corner of Seoul she could think of. No matter how hard she tried to avoid, the boyish girl’s shadow would always be there.

And then shadows turned to be the real Jungyeon.

“Bunny?”

Nayeon turned her head to the source of the voice she remembered very well. Oh how she missed being called so affectionate like that. “Jungyeonie?” She was smiling oh so brightly when she saw the handsome girl stood there by herself in all of her charisma.

“Oh my God. Hi.” The taller girl was the first one to make a move to hug. “I didn’t know you’re back to Seoul.”

“Yeah. A month ago. How are you? I saw your drama.” She lied.

“Not much changes though.” Jungyeon smiled.

Nayeon was stopped smiling when she saw a hand s on Jungyeon’s arm and the appearance of another girl in the scene. She didn’t know the feel of a heart being stabbed, not until that second. The second when the reality hit her hard. The reality of Jungyeon was really belonged to someone else now.

“Oh Unnie, this is Mina, our junior back then, but she’s uhh… my girlfriend now.” The younger girl introduced, smiling at the said girlfriend after she ended the introduction.

“Yeah.” Nayeon tried to smile and offered her hand. “Nice to meet you again, Mina-ssi.”

“I’m sorry but we have to get going. Let’s catch up next time.” Jungyeon said before bidding goodbye.

~~~

“You got promoted and moved back here?”

“Sort of. But I want to open my own studio. How’s actress life?”

Jungyeon and Nayeon had set up a day off together to catch up and updated their life. The older girl was initially refused the idea but the younger girl had promised that she wouldn’t be bringing her girlfriend on their day out. Hearing that her replacement was out of the picture and imagining spending their time together just the two of them, Nayeon gladly accepted.

“Busier. But I’m happy the stripping days are over. I took sometime off too. I need my own me time.”

“I agree. I need vacation actually. But I haven’t got the time.”

“Let’s go somewhere near! Japan?”

“How about your girlfriend?”

“Right. I forgot for a second there that you’re not my girlfriend anymore.”

“Let’s not go there.”

“Yeah, let’s not.”

~~~

After the first catch up, eventually Jungyeon and Nayeon’s meeting were becoming frequent. Of course, Mina was out of the picture. Not because Jungyeon told her off but because the said girl’s busy schedules.

And slowly the new couple was drifting apart without the two knowing.

Fights were inevitable between the ballerina and the boyish model for the reason that they were hardly seeing each other. Plus, Mina realized that however she tried to make Jungyeon loved her, her girlfriend’s heart had always been beating for Nayeon. She knew the second she met Nayeon on the street that eventful night, she knew that she had to prepare herself to let Jungyeon go.

“I’m not angry because you went out with Nayeon Sunbae!” Mina raised her voice when she found out Jungyeon was out with Nayeon on one night. “I’m mad because you dare to lie through your teeth in front of me!”

“I’m sorry Bun—Honey.” Jungyeon prayed that her girlfriend didn’t realize the slip of her tongue.

“Bunny?! You called me Bunny?! I’m not Nayeon!” Mina was on her boiling point.

Everthing went silent after that. Jungyeon didn’t have the courage to speak, while Mina was trying to calm herself down. She had never let out her anger like that before. The ballerina exhaled. “I know that this day would come. Ever since we met Nayeon Sunbae, you’ve never loved me the way you love her. I was only your rebound and I realize that.” She stated the fact. “You were never this happy when you’re with me. Not until your dates with Nayeon Sunbae.”

“I’m sorry, Mina-yah…”

Mina huffed. “It’s okay. We’re really not meant to be together. Let’s end this before everything gets worse.”

“I’m sorry, Mina-yah…”

Mina caressed Jungyeon’s cheek. “Be happy with Nayeon Sunbae, okay? Don’t ever let her go.”

Jungyeon nodded.

~~~

“Thank you for the food, Jungyeonie.” Nayeon patted her full stomach. “I’m full.”

Jungyeon pouted when she heard the statement. “But you promised me ice cream!” She held the door open for Nayeon.

“It’s winter and you wanted to eat ice cream?”

“Please Unnie~”

“Okay okay. I know the parlor nearby.”

“Let’s go then!” The younger girl was fast in intertwining their fingers. It felt right. Perfect fit. Jungyeon grinned ear to ear when she finally felt content.

“Mina would be angry if she saw this.” Nayeon said.

“She and I broke up a week ago.”

“Wait. What?”

“She realized that she couldn’t take your place. And it hit me. You’re the one that always be in my heart. No matter how hard I tried to forget you, my path was always directed back to you. There’s no one else I love than you, Im Nayeon. So please, be mine… again?”

“Under one condition. Let’s not let stupid arguments separated us.”

“Agree. Can I rephrase my question then?”

“Marry me, Im Nayeon?”

Nayeon couldn’t stop beaming when she heard the question. “Of course. I’d be glad to be Mrs. Yoo.”

~~~

The wedding march played by the string quartet, surprising the bride that was already at the end of the aisle. Jungyeon quickly turned her body and found her pretty wife-to-be, walking with her father-in-law. She was surprised that her Nayeon could be that beautiful though in her eyes, the girl was already perfect. She dorkily grinned to her bride when she accept her hand and linked it with her arm.

The holy matrimony went smooth. The couple even sometime spotted to poke each other, or beamed to each other, even sometimes Nayeon playfully slapped Jungyeon’s upper arm. It was then the time when they sealed everything by putting a ring on their fingers.

“Yoo Jungyeon!” Nayeon said.

“Yes, Bunny?”

“From now on, you are my wife. No backing out.”

“Wh—“ Jungyeon laughed when she heard the sentence.


prolonging your misery, i shall not.

let's move on to the next part! WAIFU~

promise i'll slow down the timeframe and give you fluffier chapters!