GF: Chapter 3

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

“The girl that was with you in the track field is Sana, right?” Nayeon asked in the midst of eating her cheesecake.

Jungyeon nodded. “Why?”

“Nothing, I was just asking.” She paused. “Is she taken?”

The tall girl furrowed her eyebrows, tried to remember whether her marathon teammate had already taken or not. “Not that I know of.”

Nayeon dug deeper. “Are you two usually close like that?”

The younger girl looked up at her girlfriend and smirked. “Why? Are you jealous?”

“I’m not.” The older one quickly denied, hiding her face with the drinks.

Jungyeon chuckled. “She was actually the first person who reached me during the orientation day. And we got along really well and really fast since I think we have the same difficulties in adapting to the new school.” She explained.

“Ah I see. Were you two talking about me before? I mean, I saw her pointing her chin at me.”

“That…” Jungyeon grinned. “She was wondering what do you find in me until you wanted to date me.”

“Do you really wanted to hear the reason why?” Nayeon playfully asked.

“Why, Unnie? What do you find in me? I mean, I’m just the average student, I’m not like those charming basketball captain in manhwa who has abs shredded like a chocolate bar nor do I ace every subject in the major I’m taking. My face is not that pretty either.” Jungyeon said while finishing her ice cream.

The older girl only smiled. She grabbed a tissue and reached out to wipe the ice cream smudged-corner of her girlfriend’s mouth. “Well, for me, you are attractive. You’re one of the kindest soul in the campus that I’ve met. I don’t need some imaginary manhwa-ideal kind of girlfriend. I just need you to be by my side, plus, you are beyond perfect for me.”

Jungyeon shyly smiled. “You are attractive too, Nayeon unnie. You have your own fan base at campus for crying out loud. If that doesn’t mean that you are perfect, I don’t know what is.”

“So you like me now?”

The young girl warmly smiled and patted her girlfriend’s cheek. “I always like you, baby. Always have.” Jungyeon winked.

That moment Nayeon’s heart and brain just stopped working.

~~~

“Nayeon-ah, isn’t that your girlfriend?”

The girl looked up when they heard her friend’s question. “Yeah… What is she doing—“

“Hi.” Jungyeon greeted. She then realized that another senior was present at that time. “Hello, sunbaenims.” She bowed before walking over where Nayeon was seated. She then took a seat across her girlfriend.

“What are you doing here? Don’t you have an exam?”

“Already finished.” Jungyeon answered. “I was reading the information board when I saw that your student committee was recruiting members for the upcoming orientation day for the new students.” She clasped her hands and put it on the table.

“And…?”

“And I want to apply.”

“Why?”

“So that I can feel being a senior…?”

Nayeon leaned back on her seat and crossed her arms, being defensive. “So you can date a junior?

“What? No. Wait. You did it because you were targeting a new, pure, and attractive junior? MEEEE?!” The younger girl teasingly moved her face forward, jokingly scrutinized the older one.

Nayeon scrunched her nose and playfully pushed her girlfriend’s face. “No, I won’t give you the permission.”

“Oh come on, unnieeeee. I really want to join! Even Momo had already been accepted.” Jungyeon sulked.

“Really?” The older girl quickly checked Momo’s data on the neat stack on her right. “Oh yeah, I approved her.”

“And not me? I’m your girlfriend! Doesn’t that mean that I have special privileges?”

“Pfft. No.”

“Why?”

Nayeon took a deep breath and leaned forward. “Because I’m not going to be there to watch you.” She lightly poked Jungyeon’s nose.

“I won’t do anything, I promise.” The boyish girl held up two fingers.

“Fine. But under one condition.”

“Yes?”

“You’re sticking with Momo.”

“Deal.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.”

“Why are you still here?” The senior was actually confused that her junior was still sitting in front of her after she gave her decision.

“Because I want to take you out on an ice cream date. Shall we?” Jungyeon sweetly smiled and held out her hand for Nayeon to hold.

The older girl shyly smiled before gathering her things and taking her girlfriend’s hand. “Let’s go!”

~~~

“Whoa… so many kawaii juniors!” Momo commented once she took her time analyzing each and every new academic year students.

“Control your self, Moguri!”

“I can’t! So many kawaii girls to flirt!” The Japanese then looked at her best friend. “Unfortunately you can’t come with me and Sana flirting the juniors.”

“And why is that?”

“Because Nayeon sunbaenim clearly and firmly said that you shouldn’t even communicate with them.” Sana answered, right at the point. Momo and herself was briefed by the dear senior who was also happened to be their best friend’s girl, Nayeon, to restrain Jungyeon from making connection or be friending the new students.

“Then what should I do?”

“I don’t know, stare them from a far?” Momo joked.

“Meh. I’ll stay in my class.”

The orientation went smoothly and of course the number of Jungyeon’s fan-base was rocketing although the girl was still unaware about that. She didn’t realized even after the new students were lining up to get her signature from their task.

“Yah, don’t you guys want my sign too?” Sana protested to her juniors. “I’m right here guys! Can’t you see me?”

Jungyeon only laughed. “Go to your Sana sunbae before she turned herself into a fire breathing dragon.”

“But we want your sign, Jungyeon sunbae.”

“Aww…” Jungyeon cooed. “I’m sorry, Sana-yah.” She ruffled Sana’s hair.

“Whoooaaaa…”

“Why why why?” The handsome senior was surprised with her juniors’ reaction.

“You guys like it if we do this?” Sana linked her arms around Jungyeon’s and put her head on the taller girl’s shoulder. It earned louder cheer. “Ah… I think they like these kinds of fan-service, Jungyeon-ah.” She told her best friend.

“We are not idols, guys. We don’t do fan-service.” Jungyeon quickly broke their linked arms and chuckled. “You guys shouldn’t even be our fans. We’re just your seniors.”

~~~

Nayeon played with Jungyeon’s hand after ordering their meals. “So, how’s the first orientation day?” She felt her girlfriend putting strand of her hair behind her ear.

“Fun, Sunbaenim!” Momo and Sana answered in unison.

“It’s fun because you both were flirting here and there.” Jungyeon commented.

The statement made the oldest turned her head towards the girlfriend. “And you were not flirting here and there?” She bugged out her eyes, trying to scare the girl.

“What?! No. Why would I?”

“She didn’t flirt, Nayeon sunbae. But, I couldn’t even count how many girls that were fall for her.” Momo -in.

“What?!” Nayeon was surprised.

Jungyeon hid behind her girlfriend and furiously shook her head, hinting their best friend not to tell about the day.

Sana saw that and smirked. “Almost every new students were lining up to get her signatures, Sunbaenim. They called her the… Uhmm… Girl… Girl something.”

“Girl-Crush?” The oldest completed.

Sana nodded in agreement. “Yes, that.”

Nayeon squinted her eyes at her girlfriend.

“What?” Jungyeon asked after seeing her girlfriend’s reaction. “I don’t even know the girl-crush thing. Does that mean I’m a girl and I can destroy something?” She innocently asked.

Momo and Sana burst out laughing.

“Girl crush is, my dear baby, when a girl has an adoration or admiration on another girl.” Nayeon explained and patted the ingenuous girl’s cheek.

“Okay…?” Jungyeon was still not sure.

“They adore you.”

“Okay. So?”

“SOOOO???!!!” Nayeon was getting impatient.

The younger girl quickly rubbed Nayeon’s back. “Calm down. I mean, it’s not like I want to be with them, aren’t I?” She explained herself. “I already have you, baby.” She smiled and poked her girlfriend’s cheek.

“Oh my God, that’s the most disturbing thing I’ve ever heard and ever seen from you, Jungyeon-ah.” Sana commented while rubbing her eyes, trying to clean from what she had witnessed.

Momo gagged. “Is she always like this? This cheesy, Sunbaenim?” She asked Nayeon.

“You’re just jealous you don’t have a girlfriend.” Jungyeon bragged and hugged her Nayeon.

~~~

“Do you guys know what to show at the talent show tomorrow?” Jungyeon asked her class. Each class of the new students was given a compulsory exhibition of their skills for the closing ceremony.

“Singing? Dancing? Gag show? Anything?” Momo adviced.

“Mina can do ballet, Sunbaenim!” One of the girls shouted.

“Mina? Where’s Mina? Can you please stand up, Mina-yah?” The boyish girl said. The name owner stood up. “Whoa, you’re pretty.” Jungyeon unconsciously commented that earned a loud laugh from the class. “I was just stating the fact.” The senior defended. “What’s your name again?” She asked the standing girl.

“Myoui Mina, Sunbaenim.”

“Japenese too?”

“Hello, Mina-chan!” Momo high-fived Mina.

Mina shyly did the high-five.

“Can you show us the ballet moves?” Jungyeon asked.

“But I…”

“It’s okay, Mina-chan.” Momo encouraged. “Ganbatte.”

The ballerina took a very deep breath before posing.

“Whoa… Real ballerina!” Jungyeon commented once she saw the beautiful posture.

Mina (again) shyly smiled and did several ballet twirls. She then bowed when she finished giving example some of the ballet moves.

The boyish senior was amazed for a moment. She then nodded and clapped her hands with proud while walking closer to the ballerina. “We will show the best talent in this campus.” She stated. “I’m assuming that you’re taking the dance major?”

“Yes, Sunbaenim.”

“Suits you. Good job Mina-yah. I’m counting on you for tomorrow.” Jungyeon warmly patted Mina’s shoulder several times.

~~~

Jungyeon smiled when she saw her girlfriend walking to their table. She promised Nayeon to wait for her until she finished with her internship work. She welcomed the tired girl in a warm embrace. “Tired?”

The older girl only nodded.

“I already ordered rose pasta, choco milkshake, and macaroons for you.”

Nayeon excitedly gasped, she quickly sat up straight and brightly smiled. “You’re the best!” She rewarded Jungyeon with a peck on the cheek.

“How’s work?” This time Jungyeon was the one who played with Nayeon’s hand. She actually did a little massage since her girlfriend seemed to be exhausted.

“Tiring.”

“It’s only been what… three days?”

The older girl leaned her head on her girlfriend’s shoulder and sighed. “You don’t know how heavy those photography equipments, Jungyeonie. With this rate, I might have muscles soon.”

“Shredded abs?”

Nayeon nodded. “Definitely.”

“Oooow… Nayeon Oppa~”

“I will snatch the girl-crush title from you.” Nayeon joked. “How’s the orientation day?”

“Nothing fun today.”

Nayeon sat up straight when she heard the answer. “Really?” She tried to analyze whether her girlfriend was lying or not.

“Uh-huh.” The short-haired girl nodded.

“We should have dinner with Sana and Momo soon.”

“Why don’t you believe me, Unnieeeeee?”

“I don’t know, I just don’t, Girl-Crush-nim.” She playfully answered. “Anyway, I have a day off tomorrow. Do you want me to come and see you at campus?”

“You should just rest at home. I’ll stop by and bring anything you want.”

“I just want you.”

“Aw baby…” Jungyeon nuzzled her forehead on Nayeon’s cheek.

But then the older girl realized something. “Wait. Did you just indirectly shoo me away from seeing you interacting with those juniors?”

Jungyeon gasped. “I did not!”

“Yes you did.”

“Have a little faith in me please.”

Nayeon grinned. “Kidding, baby. I’ll stay at home all day tomorrow.”

~~~

Once Nayeon stepped into the students’ hall of their campus, a loud cheer greeted her, only it wasn’t meant for her. She saw the cheering new students crowded over something or rather someone.

Someone she knew so well.

That someone she knew so well was tightly and lovingly hugged another girl.

The girl that was being hugged quickly let go and pushed away the hugger when she saw Nayeon.

“Whyyyyy?”

“Your girlfriend.” Sana said with the gritted teeth.

“Whe—“ Jungyeon saw the horror of her life stood among the crowd, crossing her arms, looking very pissed. She stepped closer to Nayeon in a flash and dragged her away from the students’ hall. “I can explain.”

“Then explain.”

“Please don’t be mad at me.”

“Should I be mad at you?”

Jungyeon shook her head. “No.”

“Then explain, Jungyeon-ah.”

“I was just giving them fan-services…?” Jungyeon winced, worried of her girlfriend’s reaction.

“Fan-services?”

The younger girl nodded. “Yeah.”

“With Sana?”

“Yeah…?” Jungyeon winced again.

“Why?”

The short haired girl scratched her head. “Because they asked me too…?”

“What’s with this unsure explanation?”

“Because I’m really scared with your reaction.”

Finally Nayeon smiled and even chuckled. “I was just kidding.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

Jungyeon exhaled in relief. “I thought you were going to kill us both.” She held her chest. “My poor heart.”

Nayeon grinned and her girlfriend’s hair. “Just lessen the fan-services, okay? I don’t want them to ship you and Sana. I want them to ship you and me. Got it?” She then held both of Jungyeon’s cheeks.

“Ma’am, yes Ma’am.”

“I’ll wait in the cafeteria.”

~~~

“Nayeon sunbae, I’m sorry~” Sana cutely said, trying to make her apology accepted.

“It’s okay, Sana-yah.” Nayeon sincerely smiled.

“Promise I won’t do it again.”

The oldest girl only chuckled. “Okay.”

“I’ve been meaning to ask, what are you doing in here anyway? I thought you said you’d stay at home.”

“I miss you. I want to see you. I can’t even check you on the campus now?”

“Do not twist my words, Unnie. I was just asking because I know how tired you were yesterday. I was just worried that you might sick since you’re not well-rested.” The boyish girl softly caressed her girlfriend’s cheek.

“Aaawww, Jungyeon, the caring girlfriend.” Sana suddenly commented. “You both are too cute.”

“Jungyeon sunbaenim…” A girl interrupted their convos.

“Yeah?” Jungyeon looked at the girl. “Oh Mina-chan~ What’s up?” She stood up.

“I…” Mina bit her lower lip and lowered her head while fixing her hair on the side of her face. “This is for you.” She gave her senior a box.

“Oh… What is it?”

“I… uh… I… I like you, Sunbaenim.”

“What?” Jungyeon looked at Mina with surprised.

Nayeon could only blink rapidly after she heard the sudden confession.

While Sana… She was actually enjoying the upcoming drama.