Wife: Chapter 2

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

“Can I take a week off then?”

“We can clear your schedule for a week, but we can’t let you leave the country.”

“And why is that?”

“Just company’s policy.”

“I haven’t even got the chance to have my own honeymoon. Come on! I have worked too long and too hard.”

“Then go somewhere close. Busan? Jeju?”

“Ugh!” Jungyeon stormed off of her management office.

~~~

“Thank you for the hard work.” Nayeon bowed to the staffs she worked with that day. She then saw Jungyeon stood at the corner of her studio. “Hi Babe.” She walked to her wife and gave a tight hug.

“Hi…” Jungyeon weakly replied and kissed her wife’s temple.

The older woman sensed something went wrong with her wife. She let go of the hold and stared deeply at the younger’s eyes. “What’s wrong?”

Jungyeon sighed. “We… can’t go to Australia. I’m sorry Bunny, but my… uhm… management didn’t approve me leaving the country.”

“Okay…”

“But I have a week off.”

“Yay!” Nayeon cheered. “We can go somewhere near or we can stay at home and get lazy together. It’s not about the destination, it’s about spending time with you. I’m happy they granted you a week off.” She lovingly patted her wife’s cheek.

“Are you sure? I know how you wanted to see koala babies.”

“It’s okay, Baby. We can go there on the next opportunity.”

“I’m really sorry.”

“Stop saying you’re sorry. I’m okay. We’re okay.”

“But I really wanted to make you happy.”

“I’m happy with you.”

“Aww…” Jungyeon gave her wife a lingering kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Nayeon beamed. “Now, let’s go, we need to buy groceries. Your cereal is out of stock and I can’t handle whiny Jungyeon.”

“I’m not wh—“

“Come on.”

~~~

Two things Jungyeon learned from living together and buying groceries together with Nayeon, were to keep her wife’s hands off of the things displayed in the supermarket and to watch the items in the trolley. Because she knew, if she let Nayeon loose, they would end up opening their own store.

The longhaired woman gasped in delight when she saw rice cake snacks display in the middle of the isles. “Injeolmi!” She grabbed and quickly tossed it inside the trolley when her wife was looking for strawberries.

“We don’t need that, Bunny.” Jungyeon said as she moved out and put back the snack on the rack. “Bunny, NO!” She stopped her wife’s hand for putting more unnecessary item to the basket. “Stop adding things we don’t need.”

“But we might need the bath bombs.”

“We have tons of bath bombs thanks to your alone shopping time.”

“But we don’t have that scent.”

“No.” Jungyeon sternly decided. She then looked at their shopping trolley. “I think we have everything we need. Let’s check out and have dinner.”

“You don’t want to try the free samples?” Nayeon asked. One thing she learned from going to the groceries store with Jungyeon, was to ban the girls from emptying the samples stalls. God knows how big her wife’s stomach could be.

“Right! I totally forgot about that.” Jungyeon held Nayeon’s hand and ready to pull her to the closest stand.

The wife looked at her watch and stated, “Oops. No time. We need to check out and get some food for dinner.” The older woman revenged. She smirked.

“Ouch, burn.” The couple laughed. “Aight, let’s go.”

~~~

Jungyeon looked at her wife twice before she tossed her phone on their shared bed. “Are you going somewhere?” She was just arrived at home after her run.

Nayeon was just out from their closet and now was sitting on the dresser, putting on lipstick. She already had a black dress, her hair was already styled too. “I told you about my father’s party, right?” She looked at Jungyeon’s via mirror.

“Uhh… no.”

“Then go get ready. I told him we would come.”

“What should I wear? Something formal?”

“Something that matched my dress?”

Jungyeon took a good look at her wife once again. “You’re very pretty.” She then moved to kiss her.

The praise immediately drew smile on Nayeon’s face. “Thank you, now get ready please, Mrs. Im?”

“Sure thing, Mrs. Yoo.”

~~~

Jungyeon was being proudly introduced to Mr. Im’s business partners at the party. She huffed when she finally could go back to her wife’s side. Nayeon snickered. “Appa seemed to be very proud of you I’m almost jealous.” She was actually glad she didn’t have to pretend to be a polite little princess.

“What is this about anyway? I mean the party.”

“He just felt to throw a gala dinner to introduce you…? Maybe…? I’m not really sure.” Nayeon circled her arm around her wife’s. “Let’s rob the buffet.”

Three hours later, Jungyeon weakly laid down on her parents’ in law sofa with Nayeon beside her. “Just stay for the night, Yoo Seobang.” Nayeon’s mother commented when she saw their state. She had gotten used with calling Jungyeon with that.

“We’ll go home, Umma. It’s okay.” Nayeon said.

“Your wife is almost passed out. Use your old room, we’ve cleaned it.” Mrs. Im patted her daughter’s head.

“I’m okay, Omonim. Really. Beside we cannot burden you more with breakfast buffet tomorrow.” Jungyeon joked. “Thank you for the dinner, I think we should go home.” She held out her hand. “Come on Bunny.”

“Wait wait. We haven’t got the chance to talk to you two.” Mr. Im said. “How are you guys?”

The newlywed sat back down again when they heard Mr. Im. “We’re… good. Ahbonim.” Jungyeon answered.

“How are your parents, Jungyeon-ah? I heard your father planned to open a new branch?”

“Appa and Umma are great. Yeah, but I don’t really know the detail Ahbonim. I’ll ask him more about that.”

“How’s your work?”

“She got a week off. We’ve spent it getting lazy around the house.”

“Getting lazy? What about you two getting us grandchildren?”

Jungyeon and Nayeon looked at each other because of the question.

~~~

“Alright.” Jungyeon put the gear on park. “We’re here. What time should I pick you up?” She looked at her wife. They were in front of Nayeon’s studio.

“You sure you don’t want to tag along?”

“We might end up having in your office. So no.” Jungyeon smirked. “Besides, I need to go to my office. They have something for me.”

“I thought it’s still your day off.”

“No schedule, just one meeting.”

“Alright. Come back once you’re done?”

“Sure thing. Now go. I’m afraid if I keep looking into your brown eyes a second longer I’d fall deeper in love with you… oh wait, it’s too late.”

“Oh you sweet thing. I love you.” Nayeon kissed her wife. “Drive safe!”

“Can I get another kiss?”

Nayeon closed their gap once again and deepened their kiss. She felt the tug from her wife, urging her to move to her lap. She quickly let go. “We’re not having a quickie in the car. And absolutely not in front of my studio.” She warned.

Jungyeon grinned. “Fine. I’ll see you at lunch.”

“Where’s my ‘I love you’?”

“I love you, Im Nayeon.”

~~~

“How’s the meeting?” Nayeon asked after chewing her tonkatsu.

“They offered me a movie. You want to see the script?” Jungyeon showed the book and gave it to her wife.

“Sure.” Nayeon skimmed nothing else than ‘kiss’ word. “You’re going to be the lead actor?” She counted the ‘kiss’ words and frowned.

“Uh-huh.”

“You’ll have 1…2…….9 kissing scenes and one bed scene!” Nayeon counted again and protested.

“It’s just an act, Bunny.”

“No.”

“But they offered like three times higher from what I got paid before.”

“Who’s gonna be your partner?”

“Uhh… I don’t know.”

“Kissing scenes are fine. But bed scene…” Nayeon sighed. “Do you want to do it? I mean, take the offer.”

“Honestly yeah. It’s a good opportunity plus it’s gonna be my first movie.” Jungyeon explained. “No matter how many the kisses scenes and bed scenes there can’t beat your kisses and bed actions.” She winked.

“Let’s go home and give my father grandchildren!”

~~~