GF: Chapter 4

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

“Jungyeon sunbaenim…” A girl interrupted their convos.

“Yeah?” Jungyeon looked at the girl. “Oh Mina-chan~ What’s up?” She stood up.

“I…” Mina bit her lower lip and lowered her head while fixing her hair on the side of her face. “This is for you.” She gave her senior a box.

“Oh… What is it?” The tomboy girl examined the gift that has Japanese letter on it.

“I… uh… I… I like you, Sunbaenim.”

“What?” Jungyeon looked at Mina with surprised.

Nayeon could only blink rapidly after she heard the sudden confession.

Jungyeon was still baffled. “W-what?”

“I like you, Sunbaenim. Ever since I saw you in the classroom, I just… I don’t know… I like you.”

The oldest girl crossed her arms and stared at her girlfriend and the confessing junior back and forth. She was actually a bit very upset when she heard the statement, but she was curious how her Jungyeon would overcome this situation. Though she really wanted to shout out that the tall girl was taken by her (and beat the out of this pretty Japanese junior), she stopped herself and tried to calm down.

“You like me as in you want me to be your girlfriend?” Jungyeon made sure.

Mina shyly nodded, hands clasped together, cheeks reddened, and her head down. She was too nervous to even look at her crush.

The senior scratched her head. “I’m touched actually. But, uhh…” Jungyeon tried to gathered kind words to reject her pretty junior. “I’m sorry, I already have a girlfriend.” She timidly grinned. “And you’ll find a better person than me though.” She observed the girl stood before her and decided to add more apologies. “I’m sorry, Mina-chan.”

Mina bobbed her head ups and down while fighting back her tears that threatened to fall after she heard the sentence ‘I already have a girlfriend’. She looked up and tried to draw a smile, “It’s okay, Sunbaenim. I’m sorry.” She left the three hurriedly.

“I can take her as mine.” Sana commented after she witnessed the little drama. “And I swear Nayeon sunbae’s glares are no joke.”

Jungyeon quickly shot her eyes on her girlfriend. She smiled. “I won’t choose anybody else than you, Unnie. Your place is safe in here.” She held Nayeon’s hand and put it on top of her beating heart.

“Ow yah!” Sana stood up while curling her fingers. “I’m sorry Naeyeon sunbae. I just can’t watch this.” She bowed to Nayeon. “Have fun you guys!”

~~~

Jungyeon playfully swung their connected hands while strolling on the street near their campus. “Why are you so quiet, baby? I did well, didn’t I?” She asked her girlfriend that was unusually noiseless.

“You did.” Nayeon smiled and pulled Jungyeon’s closer and leaned her head on her shoulder. She was assured by now that the younger girl was definitely having a mutual feeling about them. She was still reminiscing Jungyeon’s rejection towards Mina when she felt a pair of lips landed on the crown of her head. She immediately halted their steps and looked up.

“What?”

“That was the first time.”

“What?” Jungyeon innocently acted.

“You kissed me.”

“Did I?” The younger girl resumed their steps but Nayeon’s hand retracted her from doing so. Jungyeon chuckled. “Here, let me give you the proper one.” She held the older’s cheeks and pulled her close and planted a sweet kiss on her forehead. “I’ve been wanting to say this…” She beamed. “I think I’m falling in love you, Unnie.”

That sentence fired Nayeon’s courage to throw her arms around Jungyeon’s neck and closed their gap. Kissing someone had never been this sweet she thought. She felt right. Jungyeon felt right for her. “I love you, Jungyeonie.” She breathed out.

~~~

“How about this, Moguri?”

“Looks good.”

Jungyeon grunted in frustration. “You say looks good to all rings I’ve shown. Seriously, Moguri!”

“And seriously, Jungyeon-ah… You should’ve told your girlfriend the truth that you wanted to have couple rings with her since it’s your 100th day anniv.” Momo said in a laid-back tone whilst looking for the rings on the display.

“That is really contradicted my will to give her the surprise.” Jungyeon then found just the perfect couple rings for them. “Ah! This one please, Sajang-nim!” She pointed a couple sparkle-looked bands.

“Do you want to have it engraved?”

“Yes, please.”

The shorthaired girl didn’t inscribed complicated things. She decided to just put ‘Jungyeon’s’ inside her girlfriend’s ring and ‘Nayeon’s’ for her own band.

“Oooo… Nayeon’s.” Momo commented after she took a peek on Jungyeon’s written letters on the draft paper. She chuckled. “I never peg you as someone this whipped, Jungyeonie.”

“Shush! You’ll be like me too once you find the right person.” Jungyeon sat down on the available seat and took out her phone to play with it with the intention to kill the time while waiting for the rings to be done since it would be finished in an hour.

“Truthfully, I never thought that you would really fall for Nayeon sunbae. And yet, we’re here. Soon we’ll come to a more prestigious jewelry and you are busy thinking about what you should engrave on your wife’s ring.”

Jungyeon smiled at the thought of calling her girlfriend wife. “It’s still a long way to go, Momo-yah.”

~~~

Jungyeon waited in front of Nayeon’s office building with a bucket of rose behind her back. She wanted to do as simple as she could but still leaving a strong impression on the girl she loved. She was pacing back and forth on the sidewalk until her phone pinged.

From: 내 꺼야! (trans: Mine!)
I’m going down, Baby. 5 sec.

The boyish girl stood up straight so she could hide the flowers. She saw her girlfriend excitedly charging towards her and it made her grin from ear to ear. She thought that her dearest lover was acting like a cute bunny.

“Jungyeonieeeeeeeeee~~~~~” Nayeon cheered, she crashed her body onto Jungyeon’s and hugged her tight. “Wait. What is this?” She took a peek to find out what her girlfriend had behind her back.

The taller girl quickly let go of their hug. “Happy 100th day, Love!” She presented the pretty flowers.

“Whoaaa…” Nayeon couldn’t deny that she was happy with the flowers, beside which girls who wouldn’t be happy if they’re given a bucket of roses on a very important date from their significant other. “Thank you, Baby.” She pecked Jungyeon’s lips. “Happy 100th day.”

“Come on, I’ve reserved a table for us.” Jungyeon winked. She then led her girlfriend to a parked sedan.

The older girl was actually confused when the younger one unlocked and opened the car door for her. “Whose car is this?” She couldn’t stop herself from asking.

“Uhh… Mine?”

“I don’t know that you can drive.”

“I just passed the test. Now come on, Unnie. I’m hungry.” Jungyeon rushed Nayeon to get into the car. After she made sure her girlfriend was comfortably sat on the passenger seat, she jogged to the driver’s side and got in. She started the car and looked at Nayeon. “Don’t I look y?” She posed with the steering wheel.

The pretty passenger nodded. “I want to try those drama-cliché car scenes with you, like holding hands above the gear stick, or kissing on the red light or—“

“You can kiss me now.” The driver suggested.

Nayeon lunged forward and gave Jungyeon a very lingering kiss. She then smiled when they were done.

“What a kiss.” They drove off.

~~~

“Exactly how much money did you spend to reserve a table here?” Nayeon recognized the restaurant they went into from a magazine. She recalled that this is one of the best restaurants nationwide.

Jungyeon did not answered. She just walked to the waiter table, “Yoo Jungyeon, table for 2.”

“Please follow me, Miss Yoo.”

The girlcrush titleholder treated her girlfriend like a truly girlcrush she was. Jungyeon pulled out a chair for Nayeon to sit and reassured that she was cozy. She then took a seat across the pretty girl. “Order anything you want, Unnie.”

After discovering the sky-high prices of the menu, the shorter girl was actually worried on how they could pay for it. “But how we—“

“Everything’s under control.” The handsome girl reassured.

“Are you sure?”

Jungyeon nodded.

The couple then went on ordering their dinner and once their done, “I don’t want you to waste a lot of money for me like this in the future, Jungyeonie.”

The taller girl took the advice wholeheartedly. “I won’t Unnie. And don’t worry about today.”

“Why?”

“Because—“

“Jungyeon-ah~” A man suddenly called.

Jungyeon grinned and stood up. “Appa!” She moved to hug the man before formally introducing Nayeon.

Once Nayeon heard Jungyeon, she quickly stood up and straightened her dress. She then bowed to the man.

“Appa, this is my girlfriend. Im Nayeon. The one that I told you before.”

“You mean the one that your Unnie accidentally told me?”

Jungyeon chuckled.

“Unnie, this is my father, the owner slash executive chef in here. So don’t worry.” Jungyeon grinned.

For the nth time that night, Nayeon respectfully bowed to her future father-in-law. “Good evening, Sir.”

Mr. Yoo patted Nayeon’s shoulder softly. “Don’t be so distant. Call me Appa or Ahboji.”

“Ahbo…nim.” Nayeon tried to call.

“That’s right.” Jungyeon’s father warmly smiled. “You got quite a catch. She’s pretty, Jungyeonie.”

“Th-Thank you, Ahbonim.”

“Please take care of Jungyeon, 며느리.” (Read: Myeoneuri/daughter –in-law)

Nayeon was astounded when she heard the nickname given by her girlfriend’s father. But it was a very pleasant name rang in her ears.

“Appaaaaa~” Jungyeon was surprised too when she heard her own father being so affectionate towards the girl that she had just introduced as her girlfriend.

“Ye-yes Ahbonim.” The older girl was beaming of so brightly after being formally certified as The Yoos’ daughter-in-law.

“Well, I won’t disturb you guys any longer. Enjoy the food okay?”

The young couple nodded.

“Tell your sister to come home on the weekend.” Mr. Yoo said to his daughter. “You should come too, 며느리.”

~~~

“You should’ve told me that we were going to meet your father!”

“Why?”

“I don’t look pretty today.”

“You’re always pretty in my eyes, Unnie.” Jungyeon said before reaching over something on the side of the car door. “I have something for you.”

“Hmm?”

The young girl opened a box that contained with twin rings. She took one out and peeked at the inscription. “Can I borrow your hand?”

“Oh my God…” Nayeon gave her right hand to her girlfriend and saw the said girl putting the ring on her fourth finger. Everything was recorded slowly in her brain. That was the first time someone has even given her a ring, let alone couple rings with her. She stared at her ringed finger. It looked pretty.

“I have the exact copy of that ring with your name on it, could you please put it on me?” Jungyeon asked, giving the other band.

Nayeon took a peek and read the writings. “Aaaww… Nayeon’s!” She pulled Jungyeon’s hand and put on the ring. She then held up their ringed hands and placed it side by side, admiring it. It looked perfect. But then again, Jungyeon is perfect for her universe.

The older girl snapped a picture of their hands and then leaned in to give her girlfriend’s sweet kiss. “Thank you, Baby. I love you.”

“I love you too. Can we keep on kissing?”

“No. Tell me first why did you bring me here?” The two were at the famous Seoul tower.

Jungyeon reached other things on the side door again. “I know this is really cliché, but I want us to last long, so I bought padlocks.”

“And put it on the rails above?”

Jungyeon nodded.

“You know what’s funny…”

“What is it, Unnie?”

“My every dream when I found my other half happened today. I really wanted to have couple rings and you gave me. I really wanted to do the car PDA and you let me, and last one, I really really reallyyyy wanted to have my ‘love’ locked at the Seoul Tower and you did this.” Nayeon confessed.

“That means that we are soulmate.” Jungyeon winked. “Let’s write something and have it chained.”

Nayeon observed her girlfriend scribbled ‘JYNY’ on the padlock and she just felt complete. Jungyeon completed her. “Baby…” She softly called.

“Yes?” Jungyeon looked up.

The older girl leaned forward and planted a loving kiss. “I love you.”

Jungyeon smiled and patted her girlfriend’s head. “I know. I love you too.” She kissed her forehead. “Come on, let’s go up!”

~~~

A/N: Thank you for subscribing and actually like my story. Real drama is coming though (please dont hate me) and I might give you double updates today.