Mother: Chapter 3

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

“How long have you planned this, Unnie?” Momo asked in the middle of their way to the hospital.

“Honestly? A couple days ago. I thought it would be a very good surprise for her upcoming birthday.”

“But it’s…” Momo did a quick calculation on her mind. “…less than a month, do you think it could work?”

“We don’t know until we try.”

“How if she disagreed?”

“She won’t. I know her.” Nayeon checked on her baby who was fast asleep on her car seat. “I know from her interactions with Jihyo.”

An hour later the three were seated in a doctor’s office. Nayeon explained about her decision to go through an IVF pregnancy to have another baby. She mentioned that she did her research on the internet.

“Because this is the preliminary check, I think it’s okay for you to have an with your wife.” The doctor said.

Momo felt awkward when she heard the explanation, so she took Jihyo and said, “I’ll… I’ll take a walk with Jihyo.” She then left the room with the baby in tow.

Nayeon went through several tests and done with her day at the hospital. She went to the park where Jihyo and Momo were at. “Mma!”

“Hi baby. Did you miss me?” Nayeon kissed her baby several times.

“What the doctor said?”

“They said I’m good to go with the IVF and they give me the fertilizer meds.”

“And you’re still set on telling Jungyeon on her birthday.”

“Yes.”

~~~

Jungyeon was just out from her bedroom when Nayeon told her to stop. “Why?” She asked.

“Stay there and watch this.” Nayeon put her daughter on the carpeted floor. “Go to Appa, Jihyo-yah.”

Jihyo settled her body on four and laughed. She then fixed her target and moved forward while giggling.

Jungyeon’s eyes bulged when she saw her baby’s movement. “She can crawl?!” She kneeled down and welcomed giggling Jihyo in her arms. “Oh my God. You can crawl.” She smooched her daughter. “My smart baby.”

“Ppa… Ppa… Appa!”

“Jji-hyo~” The shorthaired woman pecked her daughter once again before walking to her wife. “So you guys have been practicing this?” The couple took a seat on the couch and then Jungyeon kissed her wife lovingly.

“Kind of. Jihyo shocked me a couple days ago when Momo paid a visit. She suddenly got on four and crawled to me when I was tidying up her toys.”

“Really?” The younger woman looked at the happy little princess and awarded more kisses. “Oh by the way, Manager Oppa will drop by an exercise equipment tomorrow.”

“Exercise equipment…? For…?”

“Me.”

“You? Why?”

“I got casted by Pocari Sweat to be their ambassador plus I’m going to star a movie where my character has a well-built body. Shredded abs kind of body.”

“Whew. It’s getting harder and harder to fend off your fangirls isn’t it?”

“They know now that I’m married to you. Stop being so insecure, Umma.”

“Can’t help but to be jealous every now and then, can I?” Nayeon shrugged her shoulders. “But I have a better exercise for you.”

Jungyeon tried to hold her climbing baby. “What is?”

“Setting up Jihyo’s room.”

“She’s fine sleeping with us.”

“I’m not fine when we want to do the thing and she’s there.” Nayeon argued, referred to the .

That statement made Jungyeon’s laugh. “Alright, I’ll do it tomorrow.” She beamed at her wife before kissing her cheek.

The older woman scrunched her eyebrows. “Tomorrow? You don’t have any schedule tomorrow?” She was sure that her wife’s schedule would be packed until next week. She was planning to go to the doctor for her fertility treatment and she didn’t want Jungyeon to know, yet.

Jungyeon held Jihyo who was happily jumping up and down on her thighs. “Yeah. Tomorrow is Saturday. Saturday is family day unless I have premiere or award ceremony to attend. Why?” She looked at her wife.

“I uhh… I have an errand to do tomorrow.”

“Errand? What errand?” Jungyeon sensed something was off with her wife.

“Uhh… My friend hired me as their photographer… for their prewedding…”

The younger woman gasped. “So you left me with her? Just the two of us, here? At the house? Us? Jihyo and me?” She was no longer suspicious about her wife’s weird errand. She was more panicking to be left alone with her baby.

“Yah~ What does that supposed to mean?”

“I’ve never left alone with her without your supervision.”

“And I thought you’re confident in taking care of her.”

“When you’re around. I don’t even know what to feed her.”

“I’ll make her porridge in the morning before I go so you just need to heat that up. Besides, your Dad is a chef, he’ll know what to cook for her.”

“Right. Point taken.”

Nayeon grinned and caressed her wife’s cheek lovingly. “She’ll be okay with you. You’re her Appa. Her superhero.”

Jungyeon smiled when she heard the compliment. “Right. I’m super Appa!” She stood up and started to playfully swing her baby in the air.

Jihyo of course was getting excited and laughing because of that.

Nayeon recorded the sweet moment in her mind and gave her wife and daughter another minute before giving a warning, “Alright stop. She’ll throw up.”

~~~

Nayeon took a deep breath and turned around to face her wife who has her daughter strapped on her body. “Okay…” She clasped her hands. “Her food is in the pot on the stove, you just need to heat it up. Do not forget to test the heat before feeding her.” She told her wife. “You know how to make her milk. And uhh… Don’t forget to put the baby lotion before putting on her diaper after bath.”

“Yes, Umma. Anything else?”

“She might get cranky around her nap time. So, try to be patient.”

“Of course.”

“Don’t mess the house please.”

Jungyeon nodded.

Nayeon tiptoed to kiss her wife and then her baby. “I’ll be back before dinner.”

The younger woman sighed. “Okay. Be safe.” She affectionately patted her wife’s head.

“Yes.” Nayeon answered while stepping away to the door.

“Call me?”

“Yes, Appa. See you later, Jihyo~ Play nice you two!” The older woman waved for one last time before closing their apartment door.

Jihyo was confused why her Umma was disappeared. “Mma?” She asked her Appa.

“Umma is going to work.” The two sadly stared at the door. “Let’s eat breakfast, Jihyo-yah!” Jungyeon tried to change the somber mood.

Three hours later Jihyo was down for her nappy naptime, she was sleeping peacefully on her Appa’s bed with her favorite teddy bears. That means the Super Appa could arrange the guest room next to her bedroom to be Jihyo’s nursery. She tried to carefully drag the crib out.

Once she successfully put the crib inside the new bedroom, Jungyeon went back to get her daughter’s small wardrobe and diaper changing station. She repeated the careful steps before a doorbell distracted her from her job. She quickly buzzed the door, afraid her daughter might wake up from the noise.

“Yea?”

“Your small gym is here.” Her Manager said.

“Oh… come on in. But don’t be noisy, Jihyo just fell asleep.”

“What a mess.” The manager commented once he saw the current state of his artist’s apartment.

Jungyeon snorted. “I was fixing Jihyo’s own bedroom.” She then realized she could make her manager to help her. “Good thing you came.”

The manager sighed and shook his head. “Okay, I’ll help but do show the workers where do you want to place the machine.”

“Sure.”

Two hours later both Jungyeon and her manager slumped down the couch in the living room. “Thanks Oppa.”

“Why does Jihyo have so many stuff?”

Jungyeon shrugged. “Ask her Umma about that.” Jihyo’s wail then boomed at the apartment.

“Okay, that’s my cue to leave.”

“Thank you so much, Oppa.”

“Don’t mind it. Anything for your cute baby. See you on Monday, Jungyeonnie.” The manager showed himself out and let her artist finished her task.

“Hi Baby.” Jungyeon picked up the crying Jihyo. “Were you afraid that I wasn’t here?” She patted her baby’s bottom, trying to soothe her down.

The crying stopped. “Appa…”

“I’m here.” Jungyeon smiled to her baby. “Do you want some milk? Let’s get you the milk.”

Several minutes later Jihyo and her Appa both were lying on the bed. One was busy finishing the milk, one was busy checking the phone. Jungyeon frowned when she received no notification from her wife. Not a single message nor a miscall. “Should we call Umma, Jihyo-yah?” She asked her baby who was only gave a blank stare as a reply.

The boyish artist dialed her wife’s number but she didn’t pick up. She redialed the number but still got no answer. “Hmm… I think Umma’s really busy right now, Jihyo-yah.” She gave up. “Let’s call her later.”

~~~

“Jungyeon called you, Unnie.” Momo informed Nayeon about the calls from her best friend that she didn’t pick up. Both were still at the hospital for the older woman’s next step of IVF treatment.

“What did you say?”

“I didn’t pick it up. I just let it ring.”

“She must have done something terrible at the house. I should call her back.” The younger woman gave back the phone to the owner. Nayeon was ready to redial her wife’s number but then she realized it might be a bad idea because her wife would hear the background sound and could predict where she was. “Later when we’re in the car.”

“Are you done?”

Nayeon nodded. “Just need to get my meds.”

“Mrs. Im Nayeon.”

“My meds!”

~~~

Nayeon went home to a dark apartment. She assumed that her wife and her baby must have been at her bedroom. So she took her time to get a drink for herself and checked for the damage she suspected her wife would make but the apartment was spotless. She then walked to the bedroom and couldn’t help to say, “Aaaw…”

The mother quickly took her phone out and snapped several pictures of her baby who was sleeping peacefully on top of her wife’s chest. Jungyeon was sleeping too while securely circling her arms around her sleeping daughter. Nayeon then took a seat close to her family. “Appa…” She caressed her wife’s cheek. “Honey…”

Jungyeon slowly opened her eyes. “You’re home…” She whispered once she saw the person sitting close to her.

“Where’s Jihyo’s crib?”

“In her bedroom.” Jungyeon carefully put Jihyo on her bed. “Have you had dinner?”

“Yeah. I sort of went to my parents’ house and my phone died the second I wanted to text you.”

“I see.” The younger woman leaned in and kissed her wife.

Nayeon was just realizing something from her wife’s words. “Wait, did you say the crib is in her bedroom? You really did the nursery room?”

Jungyeon grinned. “Yeah. I even had help from Pinky Oppa.”

“Then… can we do that tonight?” Nayeon moved her eyebrows ups and downs, trying to be flirty.

“Nah. I want to sleep with Jihyo tonight.” Jungyeon merong-ed before leaving her wife for the bathroom.

“Yah! Yoo Jungyeon!”

~~~

It was another weekend and Jungyeon was being left alone with Jihyo once again because Nayeon had to go to the doctor. “Jihyo-yah…” The super Appa was tapping the floor with noisy toys to get her daughter’s attention.

Jihyo crawled fast to her mother while grinning.

“Oof!” Jungyeon grunted when Jihyo reached her thighs. “I will teach you another trick.” She said to her baby who was staring at her with big eyes. The mother kissed her daughter with noises. “That’s called a kiss.” She grinned. “Kiss me here.” She pointed her cheek.

Jihyo leaned forward and pecked her Appa’s cheek.

“Whoa! You’re a very smart girl.” Jungyeon swung her baby around. “Kiss me again.”

Jihyo grabbed her Appa’s head and kissed her cheek.

“My smart Jji-hyo! I can’t wait to brag to your Umma about this.”

~~~

This time Nayeon went home to a very tempting view; a sweaty Jungyeon did some pull-ups on the bar hanged near their balcony. She couldn’t take her eyes away from her wife. She kept gawking on how toned those biceps that glistened with sweat. She kept imagining on how those hot breaths could sound near her ear and how that would be very y. She almost droll and did not realize that her wife was calling her.

Jungyeon snapped her fingers several times near the dreamy Nayeon. “… Umma?”

The older woman shook her head. “Yeah? What did you just say?”

“I asked you how was work?”

“Fun.” Nayeon then looked around. “Where’s Jihyo?”

“In her room, she knocked out after I gave her dinner.”

The longhaired woman saw that it could be her chance to have a quality time with her other half. She then quickly pulled her wife towards their master bedroom.

“Bunny what are yo—“ Jungyeon couldn’t finish her sentence since her wife successfully silenced her with a very passionate kiss.

“I want you…” Nayeon stripped her wife’s clothes in a flash.

Jungyeon was too, busy shedding off her wife’s shirt and jeans. She kissed Nayeon once again when she finally got her . The kisses trailed down and stopped when she saw a band-aid plastered on her wife’s stomach. “What happened to your tummy?”

“What?” Nayeon looked down.

“Here.” Jungyeon pointed at the band-aid.

“Nothing happened. Keep going, Honey.”

Jungyeon shrugged and continued with her ministrations since she was as well.

An hour later the couple lied in each other’s arms, spent. Jungyeon was tracing her wife’s body with her palm when she felt the band-aid again. “Care to tell me what is this doing right here?”

“Uhh… I got scratched from my jeans.” Nayeon lied. It was the fertility injection she has to take.

Jungyeon scrunched her eyebrows. “Scratch from your jeans, how?”

“It just did.” Nayeon pretended to be easy. “When will you shoot the CF?” She changed the topic.