Mother: Chapter 5

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

“Happy birthday, Jungyeon Appa!” Nayeon cheerfully said. She was holding a sleeping Jihyo and a paper bag. “This is from us.” The three finally had their own quality time after Jungyeon’s surprise birthday fan meeting and Jungyeon’s birthday dinner with the whole family.

Jungyeon widely smiled when she took the bag from her wife. She found two boxes inside. “What are these, Umma?”

“Open it.”

The younger woman did as she told as she grabbed the biggest box and opened to see its content. It’s a photo book and diary of her and her daughter’s candid pictures, starting from the day they took Jihyo in. “Wow…” She was speechless she could only looked at the image after images with awe. “Thank you, Mrs. Photographer.” She lovingly kissed her wife’s forehead. “Can I open the other box?”

“Sure, it’s yours. And that’s from me.”

Jungyeon opened a smaller box and raised her brow as she read.

Ready for another journey, Honey?

The handsome woman flipped the cover and found an ultrasound image that showed a small dot on it. She looked at her wife and grinned in happiness.

“I know you’re already know I just want to make it official.” Nayeon cheekily grinned. “I’m pregnant!” She exclaimed.

Jungyeon laughed before kissing her wife affectionately. “I’m ready for any journey as long as I’m with you.” She sincerely told her wife. She then put her palm on top of Nayeon’s stomach. “Grow healthily like your sister, Little Bunny. I’ll be waiting.”

~~~

“Mma… Umma…” Jihyo took a peek at her sleeping mother from the side of the big bed. She was confused when she saw no Nayeon Umma while having her breakfast so she searched for her mother instead. Actually her Appa helped her by opening the master bedroom door so she could dawdle to her Umma.

Nayeon was having a particular headache that morning she didn’t really want to leave her comfy bed. But when she heard her daughter’s voice she smiled and opened her eyes. “Hi baby…” She caressed her daughter’s head. “Good morning.” It was a month after Jungyeon’s birthday and Nayeon has been receiving frequent morning sickness.

“Mma mma! Umma!” Jihyo reached out for her mother, tired from standing and gripping on the bed sheet.

With all the strength left in her, Nayeon picked up Jihyo and settled her on the mattress. “Where’s Appa?”

“Appa…” Jihyo turned her head towards the door as if telling her mother that her other mother was outside.

“Ah I see. Now, kiss me.” The mother tilted her head so that her daughter could kiss her cheek.

The little princess leaned down and pressed her lips on her mother cheek. She then positioned herself to cuddle her mother.

“Aww my baby!” Nayeon hugged Jihyo and kissed her several times.

“What are you two doing? Cuddling without me?!” Jungyeon interrupted. She then joined the two. “Still dizzy, Umma?”

Nayeon nodded. “A bit. I want a kish!” She said with a full blast aegyo.

Jungyeon of course melted in a second and gave in for the cute request. “Does Jihyo want one too?”

“Kish!” Jihyo exclaimed and kissed her Appa instead.

Jungyeon laughed but then peppered tickling kisses on her baby that of course earned loud giggles. “Manager Oppa will be here in an hour, do you need anything before I take a bath, Umma?”

“I need you…” The older woman tightened her arms, wanting her wife to stay with her and their little daughter to cuddle in bed.

“But I gotta work…”

“But I need you.” Nayeon was very adamant about her request.

Jungyeon gave in again. “I don’t know if this is going to be bad or not but you’re clingier and cuter lately. Maybe it’s because of the Little Bunny.”

“Then why it’s gonna be bad? I know you like it, Yoo Jungyeon.”

“Exactly! That’s why it’s gonna be bad for me. You know I don’t know how to deny your requests especially when you ask me with an aegyo.”

“But it’s your Little Bunny’s requests!”

“I know I know. Anyway, Appa gave a whole bucket of chicken soup for you and Jihyo. I already heated it up. Do you want me to bring it here for your breakfast?”

“I’ll have that in the dining room later. I just need a couple of minutes of lying down.”

“How I wish I could take away your morning sickness.”

“It’s okay. It’s part of the progress. I need to feel it—No. I want to experience it.”

“Thank you for going through these things for me.” Jungyeon caressed her wife’s cheek and smiled. “Now Bunny, I’m sorry but I really need to shower right now.” The young mother slowly but surely slipped her way out from the family hug.

Nayeon frowned at her wife. “Alright. Let’s cuddle without Appa, Jihyo-yah!” She peppered kisses on her baby’s face and tummy before cutely cuddling with their little princess.

Jungyeon was secretly jealous and wanting to join her family but she couldn’t do that since her work was waiting. She huffed and walked to the bathroom.

Ten minutes later, a freshly showered Jungyeon went out to see no one in her bedroom, so she decided to move on with getting herself ready for work. She was about to button her white shirt when a hand crept up on her now toned abs from the back. “Bunny…” She warned her wife.

“Do you really need to go to work today?” Nayeon bit her lower lip when she felt the defined muscles under her fingertip. “I think I’ll be on the bed all day today.” She tiptoed to whisper, “… .”

Jungyeon gulped and took a deep breath. “Tempting, but I really need to go.” She answered although her desire was saying the opposite thing. “Besides, you can’t lay in bed and all day. Do you forget that you have a baby girl that can run around the house now?”

Nayeon sighed in defeat. “Alright. Next time.”

The taller woman finished putting on her close and turned around. She cupped her wife’s face. “Don’t sulk. I’ll be home before nine. If you could put Jihyo to bed by then, maybe we could have some fun.” She pointed their king size bed with her eyes.

The older woman showed her eye-smile. “Consider it done.” She tidied her wife’s collar and hair. “Call me when you’re on your break?”

“Will do, sweetheart.”

“Now kish~” Nayeon puckered her lips and closed her eyes.

Jungyeon left a lingering kiss on her wife’s plump lips. She then kneeled down, pulling up her spouse’s pajama top to reveal the stomach before planting yet another kiss. “Don’t be naughty to Umma.”

Nayeon smiled and patted her wife’s head. She always loved the way Jungyeon showing affection to their children, Jihyo and The Little Bunny.

The handsome actress moved to kiss her wife’s forehead. “Now where’s my Jji-hyo?”

“She’s outside with her Thomas re-run.”

~~~

“Appa!” Nayeon shouted from the bedroom.

Jungyeon stopped exercising and ran to her wife. “Yes?”

“Watch Jih—“ The older woman suddenly sprinted to the bathroom.

Jungyeon quickly held her daughter who was sitting on the edge of the bed. She heard her wife puking. She felt bad. She picked her baby up and went to check on her wife. “Are you okay?” She looked at her wife from the doorframe.

Nayeon was standing near the sink with both arms supporting her weight. Her face was pale.

“Umma?”

The oldest washed her face and brushed her teeth and then finally showed her weak smile. “I’m okay…” She said while wiping the water off of her face. “Part of the progress, remember?”

“I’m sorry, Bunny.”

“I’m okay, Appa. That means Jihyo’s little sibling is growing healthily.” Nayeon walked back to the bed.

Jungyeon frowned and followed her wife. “Do you want something? Hot tea? Milk?”

Nayeon grimaced when she heard the word ‘Milk’. “Tea would be nice.”

“Alright. One hot tea is coming up.”

“Jihyo can stay with me, Appa.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

~~~

Nayeon covered her eyes when she suddenly blinded with bright light. “Yah! Yoo Jungyeon! Close the curtain! My head is dizzy from the sun’s ray.”

“It’s healthy for you.” Jungyeon replied. It had been two mornings her wife stayed on a very dark room.

“Just close it.”

“But—“

“One more word and you’ll sleep outside tonight.”

Jungyeon held her hands up. She surrendered to her wife’s command since the punishment was scary. Apparently pregnant Nayeon was daunting.

“Now the room is dark, come here and hug me.”

“Or?”

“Are you seriously challenging me now, Yoo Jungyeon?”

“Kidding, Bunny.” Jungyeon lay behind Nayeon and s her arm around her wife’s slim waist. She then kissed her wife’s neck and shoulder. “Good morning.”

“Good morning, Appa.” The older woman changed to a cute mode. “Do you have any schedule today?” She played with her wife’s hand.

“Just one photoshoot around lunch. Taeyeon Unnie would be my photographer. Do you want to go with me?”

“Sure.”

~~~

Nayeon monitored her wife’s poses through the screen while trying to stop her baby from climbing things at the same time. She then decided to settle Jihyo in her arms and gave the little princess her pacifier so she could be still. “That’s Appa, Jihyo-yah.” She told her baby and pointed the display which shown the latest image of Jungyeon.

“Ppa Appa!” Jihyo called when she saw her Appa’s face.

“She’s pretty like you.” Nayeon commented and then smooched her daughter.

“Okay, Jungyeon-ah final shots! y sharp eyes on me.” Taeyeon announced and got herself ready to capture her model’s poses. She snapped the last pictures and grinned. “Awesome!” She handed her camera to her assistant and bowed to everyone in the room. “Thank you for your hardwork, guys. It’s a wrap!” She then moved to Jungyeon who was looking at the LCD where her last shots posted. “Great job, Jungyeonie!”

“Thank you Unnie.”

“Hi Nayeonie.” Taeyeon warmly greeted Nayeon and noticed the baby in her arms. “Oh… Is this Jihyo?” She gently poked the little girl’s cheek.

“Yes. This is Jihyo. Yoo Jihyo.” Nayeon told the photographer. “Say hi to Auntie, Jihyo-yah.”

Jihyo did what it seemed to be bowing and then showed her five fingers and grinned.

Taeyeon was amazed with Jihyo’s ability. She patted the little princess’ head. “Such a smart girl! Let’s meet Seohyun and Irene Unnie!”

“They’re here?” Jungyeon was the one who asked.

“They’re waiting at a café nearby with their Mommy.”

“Ah…” Jungyeon nodded. “Well, I’ll go get change and then we can leave.”

“Alright.”

“Appa?” Jihyo wanted to go to her Appa.

“I’ll be right back, Jihyo-yah.”

Ten minutes later, they finally met Tiffany who was having a girly teatime with her daughters. “Umma is here.” She said to the girls when she saw Taeyeon walked inside the café. But she then waved at the Yoos when she saw them trailing behind her wife.

Irene quickly dashed to her Umma.

Taeyeon catched the girl in time and held her up. “Joohyun-ah, this is Jihyo.” She pointed the baby in Jungyeon’s arms. “Jihyo, this is Joohyun Unnie.” The short woman patted her youngest daughter’s chin.

“No! Irene!” The little one protested as she heard her Korean name.

The adults laughed. “I see Irene. Jihyo-yah, this is Irene Unnie.” Taeyeon corrected.

Nayeon caressed Irene’s cheek. “Hi Irene. You’re so pretty.”

Irene hid her face on the crook of her Umma’s nape.

“Both of my girls are the shy type.” Taeyeon commented, hand her daughter’s back. “Do you guys want anything?”

“Let’s go to Tiffany Unnie’s first.” Jungyeon advised. The Yoos and The Kims exchanged greetings and small talks before Jungyeon and Taeyeon stood up to order. “What do you want, Jihyo’s Umma?” She asked her wife, handing Jihyo to her wife as well.

“Chocolate milkshake.” Nayeon cutely asked. “And avocado juice for Jihyo.”

The tall actress looked at her watch. “Oh, snack time, Jihyo-yah.” She then averted her glance at the older women.

“Let’s order, Jungyeonnie.” The two went to the cashier to order more drinks and snacks.

Tiffany then smiled to Nayeon. “You look cute together.” She commented on Jungyeon and Nayeon interaction.

Nayeon chuckled. “I suppose… thank you Unnie.”

“Sooo… how are you? Jungyeon told me that you’re pregnant?”

The younger woman unconsciously rubbed her belly, which was now a bit bulging, and smiled. “Yeah. I’m nine weeks pregnant.”

“Nine weeks? You must have been in the terrible state of morning sickness right now.” Tiffany said, reminiscing the time she was pregnant. “I hate mornings when she was still in my tummy.” She patted Seohyun’s head.

“Ugh. I hate mornings too, Unnie. Especially when it’s a bright morning.” Nayeon shuddered. “I can’t get out of the bed before ten a.m.”

“Oh my God, I was too.” Tiffany squealed.

“What are you two ladies talking about?” Taeyeon asked while serving the drinks and food for her wife and daughters.

Jungyeon did the same and earned a cute ‘Thank you’ from Nayeon.

“We are talking about morning sickness.”

“Oh… Who’s pregnant? Nayeonie?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yep she is.” Jungyeon grinningly answered. “Until when will she going to have this morning sick, Unnies?”

“It depends.” Taeyeon replied. “Fany lasted until 5 months while me was up to…the third month.”

“Another three weeks, Umma. Hwaiting.”

“Don’t get your hopes too high.” Tiffany stopped the younger couple. “Do you know Jessica? Jessica Kwon?”

“Yeah…”

“Her morning sick lasted until the end.”

Nayeon frowned when she heard the story.

“Poor Yuri.” Taeyeon shook her head as she remembered how miserable her best friend’s life at that time.

“But then… it depends on your baby really. Let’s just hope they’re the calm one.” Tiffany said. “What about your craving?”

“I haven’t experienced a weird cravings, I just crave for sweet kind of foods.”

“So far she just asked me to fill the freezer with ice cream.” Jungyeon confirmed.

“She hasn’t kicked you out from the bedroom?” Taeyeon asked.

“Uhh…” Jungyeon looked at her wife who was seemingly confused as well before answering the oldest. “No… Why Unnie?” She suddenly got afraid.

“I got kicked out from the bedroom and denied for PDAs until I changed my body wash.”

“I just hate her body wash scent at that time I don’t know why.” Tiffany defended. “She threw out my favorite perfume.”

“I just hate her perfume scent at that time I don’t know why.” Taeyeon copied her wife’s words and earned a light punch on the arm. She chuckled.

They laughed.

~~~

“Bunny…” Jungyeon called out, eyes were still focusing on the road. One hand on the steering wheel while the other one interlaced with her wife’s fingers.

“Hmm?”

“Don’t kick me out from the bedroom and forbid me from holding you close.” The handsome model was seriously afraid after the Kims couple told their pregnancy stories.

Nayeon chuckled and playfully sniffed her wife’s arm that she was holding. “I love your scent. I won’t kick you out or forbid you from doing anything to me. I need you to live.”

“But do tell me when you’re starting to hate my scent, okay?”

The older woman laughed. She found her wife was too cute of being this scared from the thoughts of being thrown out by her. “Yes, Appa. I’ll tell you. Now kish!”

Jungyeon turned her head and kissed her wife’s cheek for a second.

“One more…” Nayeon moved her face nearer to her wife.

The taller woman complied and kissed her wife’s cheeks a little longer this time. “Let’s get you ice cream.”