Mother: Chapter 4

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

“Honey…?” Nayeon called out her wife.

“Right… here…” The actress grunted.

The older woman walked out from the master bedroom, holding her baby. She found her wife was working out again. “Go shower.”

Jungyeon stopped her exercise and wiped her sweat. “Why?” She patted her daughter’s head once she got close.

“I’m going out, so you need to shower before I go.”

“Again?”

“Yeah…”

“What is it for this time? Another work?”

“Yes…”

Jungyeon sighed but she couldn’t do anything anyway. “Alright. I’ll be back.” She looked at her daughter. “It seems like you have to spent your Saturday with me again, Jihyo-yah.” She lightly pinched her daughter’s chubby cheek.

Twenty minutes later, Jungyeon once again stood near the door with her baby strapped onto her body. “This is such a heartbreaking scene. And every week…” She sighed.

“I promise I’ll stay at home next week.”

“You sure about that?”

“Yes.” Nayeon leaned in. “Now don’t sulk and kiss me.”

Jungyeon kissed her wife. “Bye bye Umma. Be safe.” She waved Jihyo’s free hands.

“I’ll see you two before dinner.” Nayeon smooched her daughter before going outside.

“Snack time, Jihyo-yah.”

~~~

“I’m bored.” Jungyeon said to her daughter. “Do you want to go to Umma’s studio, baby girl?” The two were watching Barney DVD in the living room.

“Mma… Mma... Mmaaaa…”

“Yes, do you want to go?” Jungyeon grinned when she saw her baby clapping her hands in excitement. “Let’s pack your things then.”

~~~

“Umma! Sur…prise… Where’s your Umma, Jihyo-yah?” Jungyeon said after seeing that no one was present in the office. She walked further to the one of the studio that was empty as well.

She walked again to the other room where Nayeon usually took care of her administration job and once again found no one in there. She clicked her tongue and fished out her phone.

The handsome actress was about to punch the speed dial to her wife’s phone when she saw something in the trash bin. Syringe? Pregnancy test? What is this? What were you doing, Bunny? She couldn’t think about other things than bad things.

Her bad thoughts were disrupted when her baby babbled, “Mma?”

Jungyeon quickly looked up. She thought Jihyo saw her wife. She smiled when she realized that her baby was looking at their wedding picture. “Yes, it’s Umma on our wedding day.” Her voice trailed off and her eyes went back to stare and the syringe and pregnancy test in the trash bin. She decided to snap several pictures of that and went outside to the studio that suddenly felt stuffy. “Let’s hang out somewhere, Jihyo-yah.”

~~~

Jungyeon and her daughter ended up paying a visit to her older sister’s apartment.

“Hi Jihyo!” Seungyeon quickly stole Jihyo away from the mother and peppered kisses all over the tiny laughing face.

“No greetings for me, really Unnie?”

“Hi you big baby! You’re lucky I’m too lazy to go to the restaurant today.” Seungyeon was trusted to take care of her father’s restaurant finances. “So what’s up? You only needs me when you’re in a deep sh—“

“Language! There’s a baby in the room.”

“Sorry, Jihyo’s Appa.” Seungyeon grinned. “So…?”

Jungyeon showed the pictures she had taken an hour ago. “What do you think?” She heaved a deep sigh.

“Nayeon did this?”

“I found it in a trash bin inside her office.”

“There’s a lot of possibilities, Jungyeonnie.”

“What is?”

“I’m sure that she is not cheating on you and tried to kill the baby she conceived from another guy.”

“Then what is?”

“You were seriously thinking about that?”

“What am I supposed to think, Unnie? Those two things are not a good combination to begin with.”

Seungyeon thought for a second and broke into a grin. “What if she tried to give Jihyo a baby sibling?”

“With another guy?”

“Stop the bad thoughts already. Maybe, just maybe, she’s doing the IVF treatment.” Jungyeon’s sister was really smart she realized another thing. “Oh my God!”

“What?!”

“She’s going to give you the best birthday gift!” Seungyeon exclaimed.

“Birthday gift? What? I don’t get you at all, Unnie. Are you high?”

Seungyeon clicked her tongue when she realized how dumb her sister was. “It’s almost your birthday and I think she wanted to surprise you by giving another child that herself conceive this time. And I just spoiled the surprise.”

“Should I talk to her about this? I mean it’s supposed to be our decision.”

“Why? You don’t like it?”

“No—I—Sigh. I love it. I just want we’re going through something this big together. I want to know every detail and every step of the way.”

“Aww, my sweet baby sister!” Seungyeon ruffled her sister’s hair. “Your Appa is really cute, Jihyo-yah.”

“Appa Ppa!” Jihyo reached out for her Appa, sleepy was all over her face.

~~~

“I’m home!” Nayeon announced once she was inside the apartment and changed her shoes into slippers. She went to the living room and found her wife watching a movie. “Hi Honey.” She bent down to kiss Jungyeon’s head. “Where’s Jihyo?” She asked when she found no baby laughing and crawling around the house.

“Sleeping.” Jungyeon shortly answered without looking at her wife.

The older woman glanced at the clock. “At this hour? It’s not even her dinnertime.”

“She got knocked out after playing with Seungyeon Unnie.”

Nayeon stopped her tracks and took a seat beside her wife instead. “Oh… You went out with Unnie?”

“We went to Unnie’s house because I got bored.” Jungyeon explained before switching off the TV. She took a deep breath and faced her wife. “We need to talk, Nayeon-ah.”

The older woman blinked several times when she heard the tone. If Jungyeon called her in that way, that only means that she was in a trouble. She gulped. “Yeah… What is it, Honey?” She tried to sound calm though her heart was frantically beating.

Jungyeon took out her phone and showed her the picture from her office. “I swing by to your office earlier, I thought you got a job, but you were not there, not even your crews. And I found these instead. Care to explain to me what were you doing with these things?” The young woman said with a serious tone and a very straight face, scaring the older one.

Nayeon grimaced when she saw the image. She gulped. “It’s not what you think it is, Jungyeon-ah.”

“Then…?”

The older woman let out a deep sigh. She chose to come clean and not enraged her spouse. “I’m on an IVF treatment. I wanted to surprise you on your birthday.” She lowered her head.

Jungyeon smiled and pulled her wife’s chin up. “You should’ve told me, Bunny.” She warmly spoke. “I want to be in this together with you. I know your intention was great but I really prefer that you talk to me about this.”

“But you’re okay with it?”

“Of course!” The tall woman’s smile broke into a wide grin. “I’m ecstatic about it! So, what step are you in?” She excitedly asked.

“Actually… the doctor just told me that I’m pregnant.”

“Really??”

“Yes, really.”

“Oh my God.” Jungyeon quickly pulled her wife into a tight embrace. She let go of the hug and placed her hand on Nayeon’s flat tummy. She glanced at were her palm was, couldn’t believe that there was a living baby that would grow each day inside.

Nayeon felt her heart very warm and content when she saw Jungyeon’s expression. She covered her wife’s palm with her own. “Are you happy, Jungyeon Appa?” She cutely asked.

The shorthaired woman nodded a few times while grinning. “I am the happiest.” She leaned in and tenderly kissed her wife. “I love you, Bunny” She then moved down to be at the eye level with her spouse’s stomach. “And I love you too, Little Bunny.”


i'm sorry for the late update. :(