Mother: Chapter 1

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

“Yoo Jungyeon!”

“Yes, Bunny?”

“From now on, you are my kid’s Mother.”

“Wh—“

~~~

Nayeon had helped to how properly taking care of a baby (read: Jihyo) from the caretaker that usually with her new daughter. She had stopped all of her work for almost two weeks to get use to be with her child. She learned everything enthusiastically because she really wanted to be Jihyo’s best mother.

“Dinner time, Jihyo-yah! Umma made sweet potato and carrot fusion… uhh… porridge.” Nayeon grinningly said. “I hope you like it.”

Jihyo excitedly banged the table on her baby chair when she saw her mother and her colorful bowl. She tried to reach for her spoon when Nayeon sat in front of her.

“You want to eat by yourself?”

“Mmammamma.” Jihyo mumbled.

“Did you just called me or you just want to eat?”

“Mmmmammaaaa!” The baby started to throw tantrum when she received no food.

“Okay okay. I get it.” Nayeon fed a spoonful of the so-called fusion puree to her daughter. “We’ll learn to say Umma after this, okay?” She rubbed Jihyo’s head.

Nayeon silently thanked heaven that she got a smart baby. She thought feeding a baby would be a hard thing to do, but then, her Jihyo finished all of the porridge till the last drop. “Good girl! Let’s clean you up.” The ‘babysitting teacher’ taught her to always clean her baby and changed her baby’s clothes if it gets wet or dirty from mealtime.

“Your Ddungyeonie always complained about my cooking when we were dating, but you liked my cooking. Umma’s cooking is the best, isn’t it Jihyo-yah?” The new mother talked to her baby while clean up. “Done!” Nayeon clapped Jihyo’s hands. “Should we call Ddungyeonnie before sleep?” The woman looked at the watch. “She might still working, but no harm in trying.”

The mother took her daughter to her bed and took her phone from the nightstand. She unlocked it and punched a video call icon before tapping on to her wife’s contact. She posed with Jihyo while waiting for her video request to be accepted. Several seconds later Jungyeon’s face appeared on the screen.

“Gasp! Jihyo-yah! You know how to facetime now?” Jungyeon joked.

The little girl was actually confused how her other mom was inside this tiny glowing thing.

“Jihyo-yah~” Jungyeon called and made funny faces when she saw her daughter staring blankly on the other side.

Jihyo then giggled when she saw the familiar funny faces.

“When are you going home Ddungyeon… Umma?” Nayeon voiced out.

Jungyeon fluttered every time her wife said ‘Umma’. “I told you, teaching her to call me Umma is not gonna work, Bunny.”

“Why?”

“If she could talk one day and called out Umma, both of us would answer and it’s just too long to call Jungyeon Umma.”

“Then what do you want to be called?” Nayeon paused. “Mommy?”

“NO! Omg too cute. I’m the girlcrush. So no.”

“Appa!” Another woman answered from Jungyeon’s side. “Hi Unnie! Hi Jihyo! I finally saw you in moving pictures!”

“What are you doing there, Moguri?” Nayeon asked.

“Your wife is robbing me.”

Nayeon only shook her head. “Jihyo-yah, it’s Auntie Momo, we’ll meet her soon, okay? With Appa too.” She then paused. “Oh, Appa sounds nice.”

“See! Yoo Jungyeon didn’t fit to be called Umma or Mom or Mother. Appa fit her best!” Momo commented.

Jungyeon chuckled. “Okay. From now on I’m ‘Appa’. Jihyo-yah, say ‘Appa’!”

“Mma!”

“Whoa!” The three adults were surprised when she heard Jihyo’s answered.

Nayeon turned Jihyo around so she could see her daughter’s face. “Say that again, baby.”

“Ummmm… Ummmma!” Jihyo repeated and traced Nayeon’s face.

“OH MY GOD! SHE KNOWS ME!” Nayeon said with teary face. She then held Jihyo close and forgetting about the video call.

“Who am I?” She checked once again

“Mmma!”

Nayeon felt overwhelmed with happiness when Jihyo finally recognized her as Umma. Jihyo’s Umma. “Omg, Babe…” She held her phone up again. She was speechless she could only kissed Jihyo over and over again.

“I know…” Jungyeon beamed. “I should teach her harder to call me Appa.”

Nayeon laughed. She then felt a tug on her shirt and saw Jihyo was trying to on her pajamas. “I think she’s sleepy.”

“Put her to bed then. I’ll be home soon.”

“Okay. Say ‘Good night, Appa’” Nayeon held Jihyo’s hand and waved it.

“Good night, Jihyo.”

“Drive safe, Baby.”

“Will do. I love you both.”

“We love you too.”

~~~

Jungyeon carefully opened the master bedroom door. She had just gone home from the longest shooting day. She saw her wife was already asleep but her baby was up and playing with her feet inside the crib next to her bed. The actress saw the clock, it was 2 am, and her baby was awake. “Why aren’t you sleeping, Jihyo-yah? Umma is asleep!” She loudly whispered while taking Jihyo into her arms. “See?” She pointed at the sleeping Nayeon.

“No baby is staying up this late like you.” Jungyeon kissed her daughter. But then she realized something. “Oh right. I should’ve washed myself up before interacting with you. I’m going to put you back in your nice little crib but don’t cry, because Umma is sleeping.”

The young mother successfully put her baby back into the cradle without any wail and gave the little girl the pacifier. “I’ll be back.”

After her quick shower Jungyeon went back to play with her Jihyo. “How’s your day? Did you miss me while I’m gone? I didn’t get the chance to video call you unlike yesterday.” She sat on her bed with Jihyo in her arms.

The actress then took a peek on her wife before glancing back at her daughter. “Did you give Umma hard times today? I hope you’re not and won’t be.” She told Jihyo.

Jungyeon then remembered something. “Did you learn to say Appa today?” She carefully took the pacifier off of her daughter’s mouth. “Say ‘Appa’”

“Ppa!”

“Omo!” Jungyeon chuckled. “Try that again. ‘Appa!’”

“Ppa!”

“Whoa…” The handsome model was now laughing because she was happy and she found her baby so cute when she successfully called her with Appa. “You’re so smart, Jihyo-yah. Now let’s test you.” She pointed at her sleeping wife. “Who is this?”

“Mm… Mma!”

“And who am I?” She pointed at herself.

“Ppa!”

“Whoa! My smart little princess!” Jungyeon smooched her daughter. “I shall give you a bottle of yummy warm milk for your reward.” She then made the milk with Jihyo in tow.

Jihyo was now happy with her bottle and Jungyeon was jolly with her quick-witted baby. Both are on Jungyeon’s bed, laying beside the sleeping Nayeon. The handsome mother was patting Jihyo’s bottom to get her back to sleep.

Feeling that there were movements beside her, Nayeon stirred. She squinted her eyes to adjust with the light and saw her wife and daughter. “You’re home.” She said in a hushed voice and reached out for Jungyeon.

“Uh huh. Go back to sleep, Bunny.” Jungyeon kissed Nayeon’s hand.

Nayeon took a peek on her baby. “Jihyo’s awake?”

“Almost asleep now. I got her.”

“Okay… Nite, I love you…” The older mother couldn’t fight the drowsiness and went back to sleep after positioning herself closer to hold her daughter’s tiny hand.


short update, but I shall give you more like this in the upcoming chapters