GF: Chapter 1

Girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

“Jungyeon-ah!”

. She halted her step when she heard her name being shouted. But then she continued her pace again, ignoring the voice calling her.

“Yah! Jungyeon-ah!” The voice, that awfully familiar voice, got louder this time.

Dammit. She kept walking. She just wanted to go home on time for once.

“Yoo Jungyeon!” She heard another calling accompanied with rushed steps.

The owner of the name sighed before turning around to the person who just called her. “Yes, Nayeon sunbae?” She pestered a fake smile.

“Didn’t you hear me calling you?”

“I did not.” She was feigning innocence.

“Don’t lie to me. I saw you stopped for a moment.”

“I must have thought that your voice was only an imagination.” Jungyeon quickly rephrased her answer. “Anyway, what could I do for you, Nayeon sunbae?”

“From now on, you are my girlfriend.”

“Wh—“

“Pick me up tomorrow after my second period done, then we’ll have lunch together. Understand?”

“Bu—“

“I’ll text you the details. See you tomorrow, Baby.”

What just happened? That senior… Sigh…

It was , she thought, to be a freshman, especially when you have a creep for a senior. Their story began almost a year before when Im Nayeon got the duty to orientate the new students at her university. Her responsibility was to lead Yoo Jungyeon’s class to get familiar with the campus and its culture. That was the first time Jungyeon caught her eyes.

For the first day, Nayeon didn’t do much. She only observed the boyish girl from a far. But things change on the second day. She started to get along with Jungyeon, , gave her commands, and even make her did some physical labor.

Jungyeon thought her suffering would end once the orientation-week ended. But boy, she was wrong to the core. Her senior, Im Nayeon, kept popping up at times she didn’t even expected and kept giving her tasks that she didn’t even had the chance to think about.

At first, she thought it was a cute attempt from Nayeon to get close to her, to be her friends, but as time went by, Jungyeon really got tired from everything. Studying itself was already too much, added with Nayeon’s extraordinary wishes. Suffered couldn’t even describe how she felt.

~~~

“From now on, you are my girlfriend.” Those words kept repeating in Jungyeon’s head. What’s wrong with that senior? Doesn’t she have like her own fan-base at campus? Why me? She thought while trying to work on her assignment.

“Jungyeon-ah!” Her sister knocked her bedroom door.

Jungyeon opened her bedroom door only to be greeted with a very big box. “Yeah?”

“It’s for you.”

“Who is it from?”

Her sister shrugged. “I don’t know.”

The freshman went back to her room to inspect what was inside the big box. She opened the lid and found a gray overcoat, a white t-shirt, a plaid button down, and a pair of jeans. All items still had the price tag on, and those were not from a cheap brand. She was wondering who would be the one giving her this when a notification lit up her phone.

From: Im Nayeon Sunbae
Wear those tomorrow and don’t forget to pick me up. XX-GF

GF? What the fudge is GF? Oh right. I’m her girlfriend now. Jungyeon rolled her eyes as she tried her new clothes. Well, at least this looks good on me. She shrugged her shoulders before tidying up the new clothes.

To: Im Nayeon Sunbae
Thank you for the pretty clothes, Sunbae. I will wear it tomorrow. However, I should pay for this.

From: Im Nayeon Sunbae
You don’t have to. That’s what girlfriends do.

“If you say so…” Jungyeon mumbled.

~~~

Jungyeon ran to the closest TV, which displayed classes’ schedules before frantically rushing to her supposed destination. 503. She read. It was her new girlfriend’s class and it has already ended about 5 minutes ago, which means, this Nayeon Sunbae would give her punishment because she was late.

The boyish girl mentally prepared a reason while laying her body against the door and catching her breaths. She took a peek inside the class and saw her said girlfriend was chatting with a few of her friends. She was contemplating whether to interrupt them or—

“Baby!” Nayeon cheerfully greeted. She waved at Jungyeon and motioned her to walk closer.

The name owner was timidly and awkwardly stepping closer to where she appointed to be. She bowed several times before a hand s around her arm.

“This is Yoo Jungyeon, my girlfriend. She’s our junior.” Nayeon introduced.

“AH! The girl crush?” Asked one of the girls.

Nayeon excitedly nodded.

Girl crush? Jungyeon asked herself. She didn’t dare to even utter a single work in front of these seniors she didn’t know. She was just listening to the on-going conversation.

“—Alright, I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Nayeon bid goodbye before turning to look at Jungyeon. “Let’s go, baby~”

~~~

“So, how’s your preparation for final exam?” Nayeon asked to break the silence. The senior had sort of ‘kidnapped’ the junior to spend the day together, or with the popular terms called ‘date’. They stopped at a small grill house near their campus to have their lunch.

Jungyeon swallowed the meat she was chewing before answering, “I did study a bit. How about you, Sunbaenim?”

“Meh. Usual.” Nayeon moved her shoulder up. “Anyway, don’t call me Sunbaenim. I’m your girlfriend, try calling me with affection.”

Jungyeon put her chopsticks down. “Actually, can I ask something?” She looked at her senior.

Nayeon nodded. “Sure, babe.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know, making me your girlfriend.”

The older girl stared at her girlfriend and smiled before cupping the younger’s cheeks with her warm palms. “Because I like you, Yoo Jungyeon.”

“But I…”

“No buts.” Nayeon cut off and smiled. “Say aah…” She offered a wrapped samgyupsal.

~~~

“Jungyeonie!”

Jungyeon quickly turned her head to the source of the voice. She found Nayeon walking towards her while smiling. She quickly bowed. “Good morning, Sunbaenim. What can I do for you?”

The older girl quickly linked her arms around the younger one, effectively made Jungyeon stood up straight. “What did I tell you about calling me Sunbaenim…?”

“I… You are my senior.”

“But I’m your girlfriend too.”

“I…” Jungyeon was lost of words.

“You can call me ‘Unnie’ if you still feel awkward. Try it… Nayeon unnie…” Nayeon said as she started to walk, dragging her junior with her.

“Na-N-Nayeon Un-Unnie…?”

“Get use to it, you’ll soon be calling me Honey, or Baby, or other things.”

The two walked quietly to the hall of classes. But, Jungyeon was very aware that every passing stare was directed to them. And she knew very well that it was because she was walking closely side-by-side with the one of the most attractive girls in her campus. Nayeon’s popularity was not something you should set aside. Not only because of her pretty face, Nayeon was also one of the brightest and talented students. She has won so many championships in science and singing competitions.

“See you after class, babe~” Nayeon stated, untangling her arms right in front of Jungyeon’s class.

Jungyeon awkwardly grinned, waved and bowed.

“Aw cute.” Nayeon commented once she saw her tall girlfriend’s movement. She ruffled Jungyeon’s hair one last time before going to her own class. “Bye~”

The young boyish girl waited until Nayeon took a left turn and disappeared from her eyes. She then walked inside the classroom only to be cornered with her Japanese best friend, Hirai Momo.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” Jungyeon asked.

“You are really going out with Nayeon sunbae?”

“News does travel fast. And yeah, I’m really going out with her…”

“What? Why?! HOW COME????!!!”

“Uhh… She kinda asked me to…” Jungyeon pushed Momo for a bit to get to her chair for today.

Momo followed and sat beside her bestfriend. “Is this one of her pranks?”

“I don’t know. I’m just accepting my fate and doing my duty. Unless until I have my own pet in the next two months. We’re so going to be a senior!”

“Do you think Nayeon sunbae will let you go by then?”

“That… I don’t know.”

~~~

Nayeon was the one who waited outside Jungyeon’s class this time. She sat on the vacant chair in front of the door and calmly waited. The truth was, she didn’t even know that she had the bravery to ask this Jungyeon to be her girlfriend. The tall girl has been her crush ever since she saw her in the classroom that morning, a year ago.

She knew that her confession was not exactly a confession but sort of a ’coercion’ towards the younger girl. But she truthfully said that she liked the girl yesterday. Though she knew that Jungyeon must have been thinking that this was only a punishment or a part of her bullies.

A few minutes later, she saw the room was opened and some of students bowed to her in respect. She returned the bows with wide smiles and little waves with the occasional craning her neck to find her girlfriend. She stood up when she saw a glance of the taller girl.

Jungyeon stepped outside the classroom while chuckling/head-locking another student Nayeon remembered to be one of her girlfriend’s close friends. Momi? Mimo? Memo? Momo? When the younger girl saw who was standing near her, she quickly let go of her best friend and bowed.

“Nayeon s-sun—“

“Hi Baby.” Nayeon beautifully smiled.

“Hello Nayeon sunbaenim.”

“It’s… Momo, am I right?”

“Yes, sunbaenim. Hirai Momo to be exact.” Momo bowed. “Well, your girlfriend is here. Bye.” She looked at Nayeon once again. “I shall take my leave, sunbaenim. Have a good day with Jungyeon!”

Nayeon turned to Jungyeon. “Are you hungry?”

“A bit.”

“Your classes are done for today, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Let’s go on a date then.”

“Again?”

“Whyyyy? You don’t like it?”

“I…”

“Let’s go!”

The two decided to eat ramyun-tteokbokki near their campus since Nayeon wanted to eat one. They walked side-by side in silence, until Jungyeon’s hand brushed against Nayeon’s. “You can hold my hand you know.” The older girl hinted.

“Ah… But I’m…” Jungyeon lowered her head.

“Cute~” Nayeon took the initiative to take a firm hold of Jungyeon’s hand. “You can do such things like holding hands, hugs, and even kiss to me, Jungyeonie. I’m your girlfriend.”

“K-Kk-Kisseu?”

Nayeon nodded. “Yeah. Like this.” She pecked the taller girl’s cheek in a flash and smiled.

Jungyeon’s face turned red. Is this a new way to punish me?

“Do you like it?”

Jungyeon nodded.

~~~

Take it easy on me! :D